PC 1.3.5 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are aware of this issue, it only came to our attention late yesterday. Thanks for the report. :)

Can I please verify the full scope of this major bug is known about? It seems to also occur when launching the game via command line (for debugging purposes) which seems to cause all sorts of crashes (1.3.5.2)

Can I please verify the full scope of this major bug is known about? It seems to also occur when launching the game via command line (for debugging purposes) which seems to cause all sorts of crashes (1.3.5.2)
well I can't speak for launching any other way, I communicate with my Linux server via command line

I haven't noticed any crashes but the map file since 1.3.5.2 seems to be unreadable by TerraMap now, although that could easily just be TerraMap being unofficial as it is. Although maybe it really is related, who knows, I don't, who am I even?

Linux Server 1.3.5.2 is completely broken for me (1.3.5.1 is working!)
Code:
./TerrariaServer.bin.x86_64
��������Terraria Server v1.3.5.2

1  2017
n  New World
d <number>Delete World

Choose World: ㅛ㬸㔱

for now on every key will just output some random chinese(?) character, even ENTER

if I do start with -world 2017
Code:
Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/srv/terraria/Linux/2017".
File name: '/srv/terraria/Linux/2017'
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.Fi
Terraria Server v1.3.5.2

Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/srv/terraria/Linux/2017".
File name: '/srv/terraria/Linux/2017'
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.Fi
leShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x0021a] in <1170fb08
300b4d0db71c1d1db8555768>:0
leShare share) [0x00000] in <1170fb08300b4d0db71c1d1db8555768>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,Sy
stem.IO.FileShare)
at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <1170fb08300b4d0db71c1d1db8555768>:0
at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes (System.String path) [0x00000] in <1170fb08300b4d0db71c1d1db8555768>:0
at Terraria.Utilities.FileUtilities.ReadAllBytes (System.String path, System.Boolean cloud) [0x00016] in <295983d4b5c
640c99d5bb7d2bf509016>:0
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.loadWorld (System.Boolean loadFromCloud) [0x00116] in <295983d4b5c640c99d5bb7d2bf509016>:0
at Terraria.WorldGen.serverLoadWorldCallBack (System.Object threadContext) [0x00022] in <295983d4b5c640c99d5bb7d2bf50
9016>:0
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context (System.Object state) [0x0000e] in <1170fb08300b4d
0db71c1d1db8555768>:0
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threadin
g.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x0008d] in <1170fb08300b4d0db71c1d1d
b8555768>:0
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.Contex
tCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00000] in <1170fb08300b4d0db71c1d1db8555768
>:0
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem () [0x0002a] in <1
170fb08300b4d0db71c1d1db8555768>:0
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch () [0x00096] in <1170fb08300b4d0db71c1d1db8555768>:0
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback () [0x00000] in <1170fb08300b4d0db71c1d1db8555768>:0

Code:
localectl list-locales
C.UTF-8 
de_DE.utf8 
en_US.utf8

So no chinese locale is even installed ...

Last edited:
Do you guys have any plan to fix the scaling in Mac OS X? It's really annoying that I have to play the game in 1440x900 when I have a 2880x1800 screen.

Also what about 4k support on Mac?

@ergZay, as far as we are aware, scaling and 4k support work on Mac OSX.

Make sure 4k support is set to "true" in the config.json file for Terraria.

Hello Terrarians!
Acording to... basically the entire Re-Logic Team,
we look like this
gdty67N.png

Jokes aside, Translations... yay...?
I mean I am german, But i played with the English version ever since i had Terraria, because of the horrible Translation... and a game is best played in the Original Language.

I really like the fact that we can now craft crystal chests (as well as a whole new crystal block furniture set). However, I have a couple of questions:
1. Is the information about the crystal chest on the terraria wiki (i.e. that it costs 20 crystal blocks to craft, along with the usual 2 iron/lead bars) correct?
2. If so, why is that the case? Every other chest that can be crafted only costs 8 of the relevant material.

I really like the fact that we can now craft crystal chests (as well as a whole new crystal block furniture set). However, I have a couple of questions:
1. Is the information about the crystal chest on the terraria wiki (i.e. that it costs 20 crystal blocks to craft, along with the usual 2 iron/lead bars) correct?
2. If so, why is that the case? Every other chest that can be crafted only costs 8 of the relevant material.
No it isn't and I don't think so, because crafting chect need to have 8 furniture themed building material and 2 Iron/Lead Bars.
I think somebody made mistake or was kinda on the side of suggestion whichbwasn't too long made + Crystal Chest or kinda shouldn't have very own page itself no matter what.

No it isn't and I don't think so, because crafting chect need to have 8 furniture themed building material and 2 Iron/Lead Bars.
I think somebody made mistake or was kinda on the side of suggestion which wasn't too long made + Crystal Chest or kinda shouldn't have very own page itself no matter what.

@DrIgnispirus and @Exodus Starlit

The Crystal Block cost for Crystal Chests is correct and intentional. You'll notice its not just the Crystal Chest, but the majority of Crystal furniture which has an above average crafting cost. This was a deliberate decision because we had initially considered Crystal Shards as the "material", but this would have resulted in prohibitively expensive things like Crystal Platforms. We considered the option of allowing 1 Crystal Shard to output more than the standard 2 Platforms, but instead, we decided to use Crystal Blocks as the material.

However, Crystal Blocks are comparably easy to acquire, since they are crafted x5 per Crystal Shard, and the team felt that a higher cost per furniture item in terms of total Crystal Blocks was warranted for the set.

wait, does this mean 1.3.5.2 via http://terraria.org/server/terraria-server-1352.zip is patched also? that's how I update my server (it's hosted on a remote box)

@fooksie, there was no update to the 1.3.5.2 server file.

Last edited:
[sad face intensifies]

Oh, and I personally agree with the crystal block cost if only because it feels kinda like using bars and crystal shards are like the ores. I dunno weird parallel but I like stuff like that.

Hello, hello, hello!

Got another round of bug fixes in the 1.3.5.3 hotfix, now live on Steam! We're also including our first batch of revised translations, so to all of our translation reviewers, give it a look! We know there is more to catch, but we wanted to get some of the changes in for now. :)

1.3.5.3 Hotfix
Fixes:
  • Fixed server console formatting issues (for clarification, this is the issue where servers were outputting unusual non-English text)
  • Fixed numerous translation errors
  • Fixed game title always appearing in English
  • Fixed the Old One's Army javelin's missing name
  • Fixed Eater of Worlds despawning at rare situations in multiplayer
  • Fixed error when trying to use the room query on an unfit room in certain languages
index.php

As usual, if needed, you can update your server files to 1.3.5.3 by following the link below:
http://terraria.org/server/terraria-server-1353.zip

Looks like nothing was fixed on the portuguese translation.

I personally verified at least one change in the Portuguese translation, so I know that is not the case.

I did not review them all, I only know we put in all of the changes which were sent to us. How many of those were Portuguese, I don't know at this time.

As I said, this was not meant to be an all inclusive fix. We've replaced what we have so far, and will continue to do so as we receive them. There will continue to be issues in the mean time, and that's just part of the growing pains of improving these translations.

The alternative would be completely holding off on translation updates until everything is ready, and people have already gotten impatient, so I think putting in what we have is the better solution for now.

I haven't had much time to play the game; just enough to get the two dev sets (and an endless mountain of shampoo), actually. It's quality content, through and through.

I personally verified at least one change in the Portuguese translation, so I know that is not the case.

I did not review them all, I only know we put in all of the changes which were sent to us. How many of those were Portuguese, I don't know at this time.

As I said, this was not meant to be an all inclusive fix. We've replaced what we have so far, and will continue to do so as we receive them. There will continue to be issues in the mean time, and that's just part of the growing pains of improving these translations.

The alternative would be completely holding off on translation updates until everything is ready, and people have already gotten impatient, so I think putting in what we have is the better solution for now.

Did you take this list into consideration? As well as some extras along the thread. https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...slation-mistakes-and-bugs.56705/#post-1314498

@PurpleSoul did quite the job in amassing the list of translation errors, as well as some things I found myself.

Did you take this list into consideration? As well as some extras along the thread. https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...slation-mistakes-and-bugs.56705/#post-1314498

@PurpleSoul did quite the job in amassing the list of translation errors, as well as some things I found myself.

The translators are using those threads as a direct reference source for changes, in fact, I'd say the primary source at this time. However, since they are accumulating fast, they still have to go through the process; the localization team doesn't work 24/7, they need to review the notes, translate it, send it back to us, we need to incorporate it, and it only shows up when we do a hotfix.

So there's already more stuff (from that thread) that's likely being reviewed, its just not quite at the end of the assembly line yet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom