Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

to make stairs in tedit you need the proper stair sprite and the brickstyle needs to be set to the proper slope as well.... Tedit doesn't 'break' platforms, it's just a matter of knowing how they're made

Yes I know. I have built the platforms in the game itself. When I go to Tedit to make final renovations like walls, blocks etc. And I return back to the game. I find that the platforms are broken. Particularly the sloped left and right platforms. If I try to walk up the sloped platforms. I just go through them. And I end up having to re-hammer the platforms that are sloped to fix the connected platforms.

TEdit 3.7 Beta is out, with support for Terraria 1.3.1

xi3k3j54un10a0o4

What is TEdit?
TEdit is a stand alone, open source map editor for Terraria. It lets you edit maps just like (almost) paint! It also lets you change world settings (time, bosses downed etc), edit chests and change sign, make epic dungeons, castles, cities, and add rewards for your adventurers!

This thread is for feedback! It is an easy place to post issues and feature requests, so let me know if you have any.

MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR WORLD BEFORE USING THIS!!!

It will make one for you (*.wld.Tedit), but you should make one anyway.

Download, Archives, Latest Version
http://www.binaryconstruct.com/downloads/

Issues (posting bugs, crashes, feature requests)
Check here if you have an issue, chances are it is already there and you can post a comment on the issue or attach a log.
http://github.com/TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor/issues

Wiki
If you can't figure out how to use a tool or feature, please read!
https://github.com/TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor/wiki

Change Log
https://github.com/TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor/commits/master

Milestones (upcoming releases)
https://github.com/TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor/issues/milestones

Misc. Resources
Tutorial by ahamling27

Curse Featured Page

History
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/tedit-terraria-map-editor.35394/

Credits
https://github.com/TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor/graphs/contributors
BinaryConstruct - Author, Original Developer
enigmaquip - Development
SinisterStairs - Development
Heathtech - Wall, Tile and Tree Textures
Aimeryan - Wiki
Kyphis - Schematics
SineSwiper - Xml Settings
Ahamling27 - Support and Promotion, Tutorials

Hotkeys
  • Ctrl+A - Select All
  • Ctrl+D - Clear Selection
  • DEL - Delete tiles in selection
  • Ctrl+C - Copy
  • Ctrl+V - Paste
  • Ctrl+Z - Undo
  • Ctrl+Y - Redo
  • Ctrl+S - Save
  • Ctrl+O - Open
  • Esc - Clear current paste buffer or clear selection
Tool Shortcut Keys (can be changed in settings.xml)
  • A - Arrow (Chest and Sign Editing)
  • B - Brush (Painting tiles, walls, wires and liquid)
  • F - Fill (Bucket fill tiles and/or walls)
  • E - Pencil (Painting tiles, walls, wires and liquid)
  • R - Picker (Left click picks tile/wall, right click picks tile mask/wall mask)
  • P - Point (Places spawn, dungeon and npc homes)
  • S - Selection (Select and area for editing or copying)
  • T - Sprite (Place a sprite from the sprite list)
  • Z - Toggle Eraser (Toggles erase mode for bucket, pencil and brush)
Would it possible to add the ability to change a world's background (the background you see while the world is loading) and change the types of trees in a world? People have been trying to find out if there's a way to do those things for years - to no avail. :(

Tree styles can be changed in TEdit, been that way for some time
upload_2017-4-23_22-35-57.png

Tree X's set the divide for each area.... this world I pulled from is 6400 wide so it only has 3 areas.... 0-1484 is the first style box, which is set as tree type 0, 1484 to 3175 is tree style 2 and 3175 to 6400 is tree style 5
Changing these in the editor will cause the trees to re-render on the screen

Tree styles can be changed in TEdit, been that way for some time
View attachment 167555
Tree X's set the divide for each area.... this world I pulled from is 6400 wide so it only has 3 areas.... 0-1484 is the first style box, which is set as tree type 0, 1484 to 3175 is tree style 2 and 3175 to 6400 is tree style 5
Changing these in the editor will cause the trees to re-render on the screen
Really? I'm not very familiar with Tedit yet, only having used it for a few weeks. I was going off what people had previously said online, and assumed changing tree styles still wasn't a feature. Thanks for the reply.

I can't use TEdit. I can load my world into it, but when I try to do anything, TEdit crashes. It worked fine before the update to 1.3.5.1

when i try to use TEDIT it does this
Screenshot (26).png

Its still useable but the white part doesnt go away

Attachments

• Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    340.3 KB · Views: 256
  • Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    340.3 KB · Views: 214
Hi, since the last version I was not able to start the program, even an older version which worked but I found a solution
Thanks to the Event view I saw an error with the d3d9.dll so I give a try and disable MSI Afterburner and Voilà :)
Bonus; I had the same issue with TerraMap

Perhaps it could help some other users.

Bye:indifferent:

Last edited:
I have an issue. It works perfectly fine, but where the heck are the shared schematics threads? All the threads and resources I can find for them are really old and inactive with only a few schematics, or completely broken/deleted threads. It's sad.

I have an issue. It works perfectly fine, but where the heck are the shared schematics threads? All the threads and resources I can find for them are really old and inactive with only a few schematics, or completely broken/deleted threads. It's sad.
Once you've selected your sprite, also make sure you have the sprite tool active on the left toolbar, it's the one with an S
[doublepost=1494085608,1494085591][/doublepost]
how do you add signs and banners and other stuff (sprites)
i tried clicking on them but nothing
You can use the morph tool

Heya, Im a long time lover of t-edit but havent been on recently.. So much so, I never play my maps, I just make make make haha! I have just updated to the newest version and now when im 100% zoomed in the sprites and textures arent showing like they used to, everything is just color coded blocks.. It was super handy to be able to get an object preview, especially if it was a newly released item but now i have to spam them all in to a map and then load it to see what they look like. Having to hover over a tile to remember specifically what furniture tile it is makes decorating your house really hard! Ive reverted to putting all the items in a chest and then placing them in game.

Also used to use the overlapping sprites to put a plant in to a loot pot etc for some cool effects but Im guessing thats impossible now :)

Was this changed because of this "glitch"?

Have tried reverting back to the version i had before i updated (3.4/3.6 maybe?) thinking I could just go back to using that but now none of my worlds will open in anything older than the most current version, even though they were created a year or two ago :(

Thanks for any info!

Last edited:
I seem to be unable to load the tedit, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

---------------------------
Unhandled Exception
An unhandled exception has occured. Please copy the log from:

C:\Users\Cleon\Documents\My Games\Terraria\TEditLog.txt

to the GitHub Issues list.

The program will now exit.
OK

Attachments

• TEditLog.txt