tAPI Omnirs Nostalgia Pack

Try to make sure that if you want to input behavior like shooting projectiles you have to do
if(Main.netMode != 1) ... I believe netMode 0 is Singleplayer, 1 is Server and 2 is Client. Not really sure though.
and finish it with a
npc.netUpdate = true; <- to send the data to the server. That fixed most of my issues related to multiplayer.
You can look into this part if you're curious.
https://github.com/Cheezegami/Mod-S...blob/master/CheezeMod/NPCs/GraniteWanderer.cs

There is a possible cure for multiplayermoditis?!

Welp, I'm excite.

Thorium's balance is mostly vanilla level, it has integrated items for almost every part of the game and a little bit past moon lord.
Calamity on the other hand has stronger bosses and (mostly) stronger items than vanilla. It has a huge amount of post-moon lord bosses as well.

But yeah if you balance at about the vanilla tiers you should be fine. For example by having certain constraints in place to prevent skipping major parts of the game.
Calamity would probably balance pretty well with this mod. Thorium... probably not, but balance isn't THAT important :D

A lot of the mobs in this hard are extremely difficult to kill. Examples are the dragons, iron golems, etc. They deal way too much damage, have far too much health, and are encountered way too early to deal with them. Every single death in early hardmode so far has been due to the :red:ing Dragons that teleport on top of you, kill you, and kill all your NPCs when you respawn. I feel like if the enemies were moved post-Plantera or Golem, it would be more balanced. That's just my two cents on the mod.

A lot of the mobs in this hard are extremely difficult to kill. Examples are the dragons, iron golems, etc. They deal way too much damage, have far too much health, and are encountered way too early to deal with them. Every single death in early hardmode so far has been due to the :red:ing Dragons that teleport on top of you, kill you, and kill all your NPCs when you respawn. I feel like if the enemies were moved post-Plantera or Golem, it would be more balanced. That's just my two cents on the mod.
I think the issue might be the scaling that expert mode does. Or is this not expert mode o_O

I think it'd balance terribly, but I don't know those 2 mods well :< My own needs a lot of balancing, itself.

Opinion-wise, the close range melee weapons (Great sword or rune sword, for example) should have notably higher damage in comparison to weapons that would otherwise fire projectiles and have other special effects that make up for them being, well, melee weapons.

So basically, the more 'average' (Lacking any special effects, such as firing combustible homing cows that explode into homing ducks that fire lasers, or firing high-speed projectiles) a weapon is, the less damage/speed/critical it should have.

For armor, the elven armor in the TaPI was pretty good, as it provided an extreme critical strike chance bonus and melee speed, making it about as good as most of the endgame armors, (Which were post-golem - likely far higher - take in mind). Hell, with an omni blade from Grealm + several more melee accessories, it outDPS'd the Phazon beam from the Metroid mod (Fully-automatic, insanely fast laser shotgun that didn't pierce - meaning that it didn't have a hit delay.) Though, it was sorta glass-cannon-ish in defense. Otherwise, I'd love to see more armor sets with pretty good set bonuses, it'd make exploring alot more fun.

upload_2017-5-17_18-31-45.png
is the defender supposed to be this small?
upload_2017-5-17_18-31-45.png

Yep.

For now, until I can actually get to playing/testing, I'm just going to add the source to the front page. Feel free to do with it as you please, but if you release what you do with it, please give appropriate credit. You can edit hp/damage/etc. in the .cs of the npcs.

Edit: Please note, I am working on rebalancing, currently. And many things to get this "up to date", because it is a VERY dated mod, and it feels horribly incomplete. and Incompetent.

It will be a very slow process, but it is happening.

I'll be changing stats, adding frames (like attack frames for "great attack" so that you can dodge them), and making the programming much less amateurish.

Last edited:
Im kinda confused about if this works for terraria 1.3 currently. I read that it is being worked on for 1.3 but with people playing the mod im slightly confused, are they using 1.3 (from "ultima weapon's" post is the portal gun the one from moonlord or a mod) or are they using an outdated version of terraria? It actually says that it is only for 1.2+, the portal gun is messin with my head. I tried using the mod in my 1.3 but noone of the enemies were spawning for the time i played, idk if i was unlucky or what not but the game was not crashing at all.

I played this mode when i first started terraria (since mid-late 2011) and have been waiting for this mode to come 1.3 and am really hyped that its being updated.

thanks in advance to whomever answers my question :)

Last edited:
Im kinda confused about if this works for terraria 1.3 currently. I read that it is being worked on for 1.3 but with people playing the mod im slightly confused, are they using 1.3 (from "ultima weapon's" post is the portal gun the one from moonlord or a mod) or are they using an outdated version of terraria? It actually says that it is only for 1.2+, the portal gun is messin with my head. I tried using the mod in my 1.3 but noone of the enemies were spawning for the time i played, idk if i was unlucky or what not but the game was not crashing at all.

I played this mode when i first started terraria (since mid-late 2011) and have been waiting for this mode to come 1.3 and am really hyped that its being updated.

I am wondering the samething!

dude XD it is working for 1.3.4.(idk, v0.9 of tmodloader), also, omnir MIGHT need to recode again for 1.3.5, which is v10 for tmodloader
[doublepost=1496806532,1496806477][/doublepost]
woops, wrong reply, sorry aabout that
[doublepost=1496806576][/doublepost]

dude XD it is working for 1.3.4.(idk, v0.9 of tmodloader), also, omnir MIGHT need to recode again for 1.3.5, which is v10 for tmodloader

[doublepost=1496806532,1496806477][/doublepost]
woops, wrong reply, sorry aabout that
[doublepost=1496806576][/doublepost]
XD I hope I don't have to redo it again for 1.3.5....

It should work for 1.3.4. -- make sure it's turned on, though o_O

XD I hope I don't have to redo it again for 1.3.5....

It should work for 1.3.4. -- make sure it's turned on, though o_O
first error for my modded weapons (so i can cope with expert mode), when i needed to rebuild and reload, the only issue was the item.name and projectile.name

Unfrotunately The Latest Tmodloader has now broken this mod and all others. Now i must wait for all of the mods i use including this one to update before i can continue my journey. Such as fate.

So I just have to ask because I love this mod and miss it (to lazy to install Tapi). How much content is in the TModLoader version? Are there any bosses?

Back
Top Bottom