Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Well, an update may have to wait a while, since I'm busy updating tmodloader first, and TerraCustom uses tmodloader as a base for it's edits.

If you are adventurous, you could install the 1.3.5 compatibility install of tmodloader to get the correct files so TerraCustom will load again, and then verify cache integrity to go back to 1.3.5 files after you have made your worlds.

It'll just be a while (a month or so), however, before TerraCustom can coexist with a 1.3.5 install.

Hey I have a little problem, would you mind taking a minute to read it and see if you can help me fix it please? I tried launching the mod (in the steam folder of course) and it gave me this error:

Attachments

• client-crashlog.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 167
Hey I have a little problem, would you mind taking a minute to read it and see if you can help me fix it please? I tried launching the mod (in the steam folder of course) and it gave me this error:
TerraCustom isn't updated to 1.3.5 yet, so it won't load if you have 1.3.5+

uhh wdym by renaming terraria.exe? when i do that it wouldn't open
1: you shouldn't rename any steam-launched game unless there is a replacement file for it (for example rename terraria.exe to terraria.exe.bak only if there is another terraria.exe to replace it, sort of like Terraria Patcher does automatically). If it is an official steam game, steam will only look for the original .exe or whatever else launches it. If it is a shortcut for a nonsteam game/mod, you can change which file to look for
2: you don't need to rename the .exe to use this tool

1: you shouldn't rename any steam-launched game unless there is a replacement file for it (for example rename terraria.exe to terraria.exe.bak only if there is another terraria.exe to replace it, sort of like Terraria Patcher does automatically). If it is an official steam game, steam will only look for the original .exe or whatever else launches it. If it is a shortcut for a nonsteam game/mod, you can change which file to look for
2: you don't need to rename the .exe to use this tool
then what do i do? when i copied the stuff into the terraria folder but it did not work?

K, that's the confusion. I think the current release for mac/linux has you replace Terraria.exe with the terracustom exe. This will only work with a 1.3.4.4 install, btw, so make sure you are doing this to a 1.3.4.4 install.

Other than that, I really don't know, I have no Mac or linux computer.

Just curious about something;

The tool on its own seems to work fine, but the only issue is for whatever reason it hates Corruption pits. I'm trying to generate a super maximum sized world, Length and Width maxed out. I've got mine cart tracks and abandoned underground houses removed, slightly higher ore amounts, both corruption and crimson, and the dungeon on the right. Everything else is the same. The world generates just fine until it locks up on Generating Structures - Corruption Pits. Once that happens it just goes for hours..

Here's what I've tried to do to fix it:

Lower the world size to a normal large world: Didn't work.
Reload the tool: Didn't work.
Reinstall the tool: Didn't work.

I don't really know what else to try, I'm not very tech-y..

I'm using the TModloader compatibility option for Windows, Terraria version 1.3.5. All other mods work fine and this one is installed correctly, so I don't think it's an installation issue.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Just curious about something;

The tool on its own seems to work fine, but the only issue is for whatever reason it hates Corruption pits. I'm trying to generate a super maximum sized world, Length and Width maxed out. I've got mine cart tracks and abandoned underground houses removed, slightly higher ore amounts, both corruption and crimson, and the dungeon on the right. Everything else is the same. The world generates just fine until it locks up on Generating Structures - Corruption Pits. Once that happens it just goes for hours..

Here's what I've tried to do to fix it:

Lower the world size to a normal large world: Didn't work.
Reload the tool: Didn't work.
Reinstall the tool: Didn't work.

I don't really know what else to try, I'm not very tech-y..

I'm using the TModloader compatibility option for Windows, Terraria version 1.3.5. All other mods work fine and this one is installed correctly, so I don't think it's an installation issue.

Any ideas?
the current release is incompatible with Terraria 1.3.5.x

Back
Top Bottom