A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume that it will work like controller support does on PC in regards to "speed" - but I would have to let them weigh in on that, as I do not have any way to check directly myself.
I think a possible fix could be a sensitivity setting so if you want your curser moving wild you can.

i have not played on PC, so was wondering about uncovering the map.
in some pc screenshots looks like it only reveals about 10-15 blocks to the sides of the player
don't know if that is vanilla or mods
not measured it but console has to be like 50 blocks

i have not played on PC, so was wondering about uncovering the map.
in some pc screenshots looks like it only reveals about 10-15 blocks to the sides of the player
don't know if that is vanilla or mods
not measured it but console has to be like 50 blocks
For PC, the parts of the map that are revealed are not lit up if there's not a light source on that spot.

Loki, what about Pvp? How did you guys introduce 1.3's multiplayer management to the console version?

Not sure that I know - will see if anyone else at Re-Logic does. (I do not have a devkit here on site, so I am unable to just go look at things directly)

Might be a good Q to submit at the next PW stream though. ;)

Out of curiosity, what is "its place"? What do you think the console version should be holding onto in terms of distinction from PC?
That it had its own controls and UI and mechanics that made it different...not complaining just would rather it not be a carbon copy of PC cause for me it loses its nostalgia since I played it all the way back when it was released on console 360

That it had its own controls and UI and mechanics that made it different

What Engine did to the Console port was completely blur the line between PC Terraria and Console Terraria

Terraria lacked transparency and because of this, updates were delayed due to bugs/issues and having a different code base probably meant that squashing said bugs was more difficult than just asking Re Logic "hey guys how did you fix this"

I for one welcome the change, Console Terraria won't lose its place because it has already set its own bar as an amazing couch co op sandbox game to which there are very few available to us on Console atm

Don't forget we can remap our buttons, the UI... Yeah I get what you're saying but, having the PC's version of the UI where we can still play while having the inventory open AND craft on the fly just allows us to immerse ourselves even further into the game

Tbh imo, Console should have started with an exact replica of the PC port

Yes, thank you! You gave me an idea of question!
Devs, how is PW going with mount+weapons mechanic? It is a little bit annoying to just pass through an enemy and take damage or get out of the mount to kill it.

Yes, thank you! You gave me an idea of question!
Devs, how is PW going with mount+weapons mechanic? It is a little bit annoying to just pass through an enemy and take damage or get out of the mount to kill it.
Being able to attack from mounts was added after the mounts themselves. I wanna say mount attacks came with 1.3, so currently it's working as intended.

If you guys are getting tired of waiting for 1.3 then you should play Trove it's really addicting kind of "mmo" I've been playing it for 2 days and can't stop its like Minecraft and terraria combined....and NO THIS ISNT AN AD I just don't want people to be board out of their minds waiting for 1.3
I've tried it and it seemd really good at first then I realized it was just a pay to play game.

A question that's been on my mind, do we lose our worlds/characters?
I've been doing my best to pack up my current world, since every update I move to a new map and see the changes without having to lose ALL of the progress I've made. So I'm curious.

I'm worried about the wiring, like Subnautica, when a big update comes, the world becomes outdated and inaccessible. Will that be the same for Terraria's console update?

Console 1.3.png
I just watched the console 1.3 preview in the latest stream, and I couldn't help noticing that we won't be able to Exit without Saving easily. There's just a "Save and Exit" option (just like on pc).

In my opinion that's a bad decision. What if there's trouble reading the save data from earlier versions?

It won't be possible to fix any issues that may occur when importing old saves if you force the game to save. Doing that will overwrite the old save. On PS4 you may be able to revert to a backup, but that option isn't available on Xbox One (it's not possible to make a backup on Xbox One).

Please make it work just like in Engine's version. Just because pc does it doesn't mean it's the best way of doing things.

Anybody have any ideas for what ocram will drop in expert mode because the idea came to me while PW was talking about expert mode in one of their streams

I had assumed we would no longer have console exclusive content. If all versions of the game are the same, why would ours have any additional content?

Kinda sad I might lose my pets. Better go take Mr. Guinea Pig for a walk while I still can.

I had assumed we would no longer have console exclusive content. If all versions of the game are the same, why would ours have any additional content?

Kinda sad I might lose my pets. Better go take Mr. Guinea Pig for a walk while I still can.
That would be so sad I really hope they don't do that. Maybe they could keep the console exclusives and bring them to pc I know they wouldn't really be console exclusives anymore but I absolutely love those features. Or they could just keep it in the console edition ( as long as these features stay I'm happy )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom