Best Pre-Moon Lord Melee Armor

I always thought that the beetle armor was more focused on defense than offense, now when I read carefully, beetle armor with scale mail is the best, although I have not got any turtle shells yet, due to the lack of exploring the jungle, I only did it when I was looking for clorophyte, which was long, i got 300-400 in the end and the plantera arena, which was really small cuz i was lazy and the easiness of the boss

Beetle Armor with the offensive breastplate is definitely the best; however you should also strive to get the defensive breastplate for situations where you need more defense than offense. Like when Moon Lord is about to fire his Phantasmal Deathray.

True enough, though I never really bother with that. I just farm Martian Madness until I get the UFO mount, or if I'm in Expert Mode, kill Duke for his flying mount, and just fly circles around ML to avoid his deathray.

When going for full defense, the best choice is Chlorophyte Mask, Valhalla's Platemail and Beetle Leggings. providing a huge defense stat and even fast health regen.

Over the longer course of getting damaged continiously, this is likely a great choice to choose from.

Beetle armor with shell is the best defensive armor in the game, and in my experience defense is better than offense.

When going for full defense, the best choice is Chlorophyte Mask, Valhalla's Platemail and Beetle Leggings. providing a huge defense stat and even fast health regen.

Over the longer course of getting damaged continiously, this is likely a great choice to choose from.

Well I need all the help I can get, meaning I need help from set bonuses

Well I need all the help I can get, meaning I need help from set bonuses
Believe it or not, but I can say that my set combination, especially Valhalla Knight's Breastplate. Can provide a longer survivability than the Beetle Shell. :)

Therefore, most other set bonusses at that tier aren't really that useful against Moon Lord:
- Turtle Armor's bonus is useless because almost all ML's attacks are projectile based.
- Shroomite requires you to stand still, which is the least recommended strategy to do so.
- Spectre healing is negated because of the Moon Bite Debuff.
- Spectre offence is not recommended because you've no control where the orbs fly at.

In terms of set bonus, you're likely only the best off with Beetle or Titanium. both are also depending if you can dodge enough attacks for the set bonus to charge it's defence/dodge.

As for the Valhalla Knight's breastplate, besides it gives almost the same defense as the beetle shell, it also gives of a great healing effect, which was otherwise a set bonus as well (for Crimson/Palladium armor). Meaning that if you dodge enough, you'll soon recover all the damage inflicted, effectively nullifying it.

So the healing effect of the breastplate technically is your set bonus.

Back
Top Bottom