Console Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember somewhere saying they won't do it for xbox 360, does that still apply under Pipeworks?
Yes, 360 will no longer be updated. This was announced at the same time it was announced Pipeworks would take over development, so it wouldn't have changed under Pipeworks.

I remember somewhere saying they won't do it for xbox 360, does that still apply under Pipeworks?
Yes. 360/PS3 can not support adding the 1.3 patch. They just don't have the hardware to handle it.

360/PS3 are dead systems, even the companies that made them aren't supporting them anymore. Might be about time to look into another system.

As much as a delay disappoints me, I can't be happier that the team makes quality a first priority. Something that a lot of dev teams are lacking these days. I would much rather have a finished update than a half finished one with a multitude of "patches" to finish what should have been done in the first place. So again thank you guys for the update and to be honest I think a lot of teams should take some notes on your guys work ethic and quality first philosophy. Games would be much better if they followed by your example.

Greetings, Terrarians!

As you may have seen from Cenx' tweet this week, we have been playtesting the upcoming Console 1.3 update within our team in order to help make this rewrite/update the very best that it can be. (If you missed the image of the team playing, check it out below). We are having a great time and generating tons of feedback for the Pipeworks team.

Clearly, a ton of progress has been made - pretty much everything has been added, etc., though quite a good amount of work remains in squashing bugs, optimizing performance, and addressing the list of feedback that we are giving Pipeworks as a part of our playtesting.

The good part of this is that the game/update will be all the more polished and awesome as a result of this extra work.

The downside is that the team is going to need more time than expected to pull it all together. How long isn't quite clear yet - but both teams feel pretty sure that we are looking at a delay into Q3 in order to do what needs doing. Obviously, that isn't ideal for anyone, but it is what is needed to hit our "quality first" philosophy and to make this update hit its potential.

Hopefully, the delay will not be too long at all, but we wanted to go ahead and fill you guys in on the situation as soon as we knew ourselves.

Thanks for understanding and your support - we will answer any questions that we can of course.
I knew that delay was only a matter of time. I don't mind the delay because i already have 1.3 but others... buy pc...

I'd rather wait so they could polish everything rather than releasing too early and the game is full of bugs. Great job, guys! I can't wait to play this awesome update!

Thanks for the progress update, Re-Logic and Pipeworks!
Take as much time as you want. It'll only make things better.
Keep up the good work! ;)

Fine by me! Better a smooth game than a glitchy one with the new stuff! (I need to do a few things in my current world anyway)

If you are looking for mod compatible, that'd be PC version, although mods aren't officially supported. If you want to look into PC mods, check here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/client-server-mods-tools.116/

PC has the most content currently but we are working on bringing more content to Xbox One, PS4, and mobile. Not sure if it helps your decision, but we plan to keep updating all of them ;) It will also launch on Switch later this year at version 1.3+
Wait, it's still targeted to launch on Switch this year? Even with the delays? That's amazing man! Can't wait to play Terraria on the go, the definitive console experience, in my opinion!

Greetings, Terrarians!

As you may have seen from Cenx' tweet this week, we have been playtesting the upcoming Console 1.3 update within our team in order to help make this rewrite/update the very best that it can be. (If you missed the image of the team playing, check it out below). We are having a great time and generating tons of feedback for the Pipeworks team.

Clearly, a ton of progress has been made - pretty much everything has been added, etc., though quite a good amount of work remains in squashing bugs, optimizing performance, and addressing the list of feedback that we are giving Pipeworks as a part of our playtesting.

The good part of this is that the game/update will be all the more polished and awesome as a result of this extra work.

The downside is that the team is going to need more time than expected to pull it all together. How long isn't quite clear yet - but both teams feel pretty sure that we are looking at a delay into Q3 in order to do what needs doing. Obviously, that isn't ideal for anyone, but it is what is needed to hit our "quality first" philosophy and to make this update hit its potential.

Hopefully, the delay will not be too long at all, but we wanted to go ahead and fill you guys in on the situation as soon as we knew ourselves.

Thanks for understanding and your support - we will answer any questions that we can of course.
I'm....just...gonna go ....play Overwatch....for 3 months...or longer

Thank you for giving us some info. We know you guys work hard to bring us these updates and we are thrilled that you guys are focused on performance before rushing a buggy release. Tons of thanks for everyone's effort to make this update possible. Keep it up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom