Console Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that things happen. I'm only frustrated because it was stated a few times that the update was on track and now it suddenly isn't anymore by a wide enough margin to warrant more than another month added to development? I just don't understand how that can happen. Were they not checking in with you guys or did you just start really cracking down now that the bulk of the update is finished?

I wish you guys the best of luck fixing the issues and I look forward to the coming update.

P.S. Can someone, anyone, please tell me if there is information on world size with this update? I've asked multiple times on different social media sites without response and can't find the information elsewhere. I appreciate it! :)

Well, time to build my NEW base to store 1.3 items on. Should i build a 1.House 2.Castle 3.Sky Base.*cough* sponsored by Skyware.inc *cough*
i'm seriously hyped for the update can't wait for that awesome meteorite building material. SKY ISLANDS FOR EVERYONE`:D`:D`:D
Sky castle.with lots of traps fpr intruders:redmunch:

I understand that things happen. I'm only frustrated because it was stated a few times that the update was on track and now it suddenly isn't anymore by a wide enough margin to warrant more than another month added to development? I just don't understand how that can happen. Were they not checking in with you guys or did you just start really cracking down now that the bulk of the update is finished?

We had to have it to a certain point before we could start diving in with playthroughs and such. Yeah, they have checked in regularly....but this is a different level of deep dive. Testing console indev stuff is a bit more challenging than PC. ;)

Couple that with "you think issue X will take Y time to fix...and then game development does what it always does".

P.S. Can someone, anyone, please tell me if there is information on world size with this update? I've asked multiple times on different social media sites without response and can't find the information elsewhere. I appreciate it!

Sounds like a great Q for the next Stream Q&A to me. :) As far as I know everything should match PC - at least with newly genned worlds. For old saves, I assume they will just be the same as they are now? Again, I think this is a fantastic Q for the PW team at the next stream...

We had to have it to a certain point before we could start diving in with playthroughs and such. Yeah, they have checked in regularly....but this is a different level of deep dive. Testing console indev stuff is a bit more challenging than PC. ;)

Couple that with "you think issue X will take Y time to fix...and then game development does what it always does".

Sounds like a great Q for the next Stream Q&A to me. :) As far as I know everything should match PC - at least with newly genned worlds. For old saves, I assume they will just be the same as they are now? Again, I think this is a fantastic Q for the PW team at the next stream...

I agree.also im sorry for asking you here but it is hard to get ahold off you.would yiu mind telling me wether or not TERRARIA OTHERWORLD will be on 3ds??

I appreciate the response! I apologize if I came across in a rude way, I wasn't certain how to type what I was asking in a way that didn't appear antagonistic. :p

I thought that might be the case since bug testing the whole time during development would largely be counterproductive, I'd imagine, since you'd always be taking one step forward, two steps back.

I had planned on asking during the stream today! I'm hoping they do get a bit bigger for consoles because exploration has always been a big pull for me in Terraria. :)

I appreciate the response! I apologize if I came across in a rude way, I wasn't certain how to type what I was asking in a way that didn't appear antagonistic. :p

I thought that might be the case since bug testing the whole time during development would largely be counterproductive, I'd imagine, since you'd always be taking one step forward, two steps back.

I had planned on asking during the stream today! I'm hoping they do get a bit bigger for consoles because exploration has always been a big pull for me in Terraria. :)

I hope so too man.think of it.more portable terraria. Well , on another foot, does anyone know what TOW will be about exactly?

This is great and there is no problem to the update delayed because I know that the developers are trying their hardest to work around the problems and do it for people who can't afford a pc,
BTW, hopefully there is a suprize update because that be cool
Probably not but thats okay, thanks for terraria!!!

Anybody else notice the 1.3.1 statue sprite changes wonder if they'll add anymore 1.3.1 features;)

My only guess is that perhaps slush was duplicating downward instead of just falling? idk, just my interpretation. Perhaps we may never know what slush-related catastrophes went down.
If slush had that kind of glitch wouldnt that mean infinite skush for an extractinator?(may have made major typo)

I agree.also im sorry for asking you here but it is hard to get ahold off you.would yiu mind telling me wether or not TERRARIA OTHERWORLD will be on 3ds??
Otherworld looks like it's going to be a much bigger game than Terraria. If 3DS can't handle 1.3 I have a lot of doubts it can handle Otherworld.

I'm personally of the mind Nintendo is about to kill off the 3DS, in much the same way it did the Wii U and DS. Quietly, and without admitting it's dead until long after everyone else has abandoned it.

Last edited:
Otherworld looks like it's going to be a much bigger game than Terraria. If 3DS can't handle 1.3 I have a lot of doubts it can handle Otherworld.

I'm personally of the mind Nintendo is about to kill of the 3DS, in much the same way it did the Wii U and DS. Quietly, and without admitting it's dead until long after everyone else has abandoned it.
Well ive heard rumors on new development from Nintendo on a even more powerful hand-held.thhe details are still scratchy but its said theve got sompthin goin.ive heard (niw i cant be sure) that itll have the cappabilily of a pc along with attachment component. Another crazy spinoff hardware. But again. I have no i dea if any of this is true or not so.only time will show the answers

Last edited:
I am fueled with the rage of a thousand lions, but I know how hard it is for you guys to fix bugs, add content, (etc.) So I understand why it needs a delay. Ps. Pipeworks and Relogic, I love what you guys have accomplished and hope you have a good time :)

I am fueled with the rage of a thousand lions, but I know how hard it is for you guys to fix bugs, add content, (etc.) So I understand why it needs a delay. Ps. Pipeworks and Relogic, I love what you guys have accomplished and hope you have a good time :)
That first part there " I am fueled with the rage of a thousand lions" I don't know but that just makes me laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom