tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Just because you can't survive an extra hit from the DoG doesn't make the armor bad...

It's useless so the armor set is pretty bad. You beat D.O.G and then you make God Slayer, Xeroc and Tarragon both into the trash.

...its not an upgrade though. Theyre the same tier.
Tarragon is defensive, while xeroc is offensive.

And why shouldn't it be an upgrade exactly? One is pre-Moon Lord while the other one is post-Moon Lord, meaning they should be light years apart. Tarragon isn't even a defensive set, it's a downgrade in offense and nothing more. It's the literal equivalent of some guy choosing Turtle armor over Shroomite armor so he can have the extra defense when gunning down the Dungeon Guardian. Least efficient idea ever.

What Ziggums said. One is offensive the other is defensive.

The armor tier is fine. DoG can 1-2 shot you in either armor because his boss fight is not about tanking hits, its a "final test" of your knowledge on how to dodge , learn his AI pattern [which the devs have repeatably stated in the past to others calling for a nerf to DoG] and how to prepare a proper arena for such a challenging boss.

The armor is the same tier, and its a matter of personal choice. Do you want Tarragon for defensive stats especially when grinding for materials or items or doing whatever boss in the world [not just DoG] or do you want offensive stats for faster clearing. Regardless of your choice, DoG is going to 1 or 2 shot you, no matter what choice you pick. That does not make the armor tiers "messed up". His damage is through the roof for a reason, you aren't suppose to survive multiple hits from him.

You're not getting why I think the tiering system is garbage. Why are they equal? I would be so mad if the Beetle Shell was removed from hardmode and you had to kill Moon Lord to obtain an "alternative" to the Beetle Scale Mail. Oh, and Solar Flare armor is also removed from the game in general. That is Tarragon and a bunch of the items in a nutshell. By the way, I do understand what Drew is trying to do with D.O.G and I really appreciate it when people make challenging bosses that depend on skill rather than relying on OP gear. But a defensive armor set sandwhiched between? Why not just Xeroc with better stats in everything? Why the constant amount of "alts" made with materials of totally different levels? That's something called unbalanced.

Okay so I finished the calamitas remake, if there is any necessity on editing one sprite or if its there an item i didnt make you can count on @Eli10293 to take care since i have weeks without internet. View attachment 172483 View attachment 172485

God? Is that you?

Last edited:
Bit late to the party, but I'm guessing the big icy dragon guy is a Supreme Calamitas-esque mega-buffed Yharon.
Or at least that's what I'm guessing from the dragony qualities in the sprite. Maybe he cooled down and froze after being murderized a thousand times over?
Of course, pure speculation, and I'm prooooobably wrong, but still.
(Maybe Yharon's big brother? Father? Second-cousin-twice-removed?)
(or of course there's the chance he has nothing to do with Yharon and there will just be two unaffiliated dragons in the mod)

Last edited:
Hey guys, i have a tip for the tmodloader. You dont have to wait for your fav mods to update to play! what i do is i reload the mods, then press the button on the keyboard that looks like the windows symbol, then right click the terraria icon on the bottom of the screen and click exit. By doing this, all of my mods are reloaded and ready to play without ANY errors!

Okay so I finished the calamitas remake, if there is any necessity on editing one sprite or if its there an item i didnt make you can count on @Eli10293 to take care since i have weeks without internet. View attachment 172483 View attachment 172485

d96.jpg

Back
Top Bottom