Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will terraria mobile 1.3 release? its been a long while i think its been a years how long this update will be? the pc updated in 1.3.5 why mobile still not updating i cant wait pls update now!!

I agree, I mean I can't be that hard they already have the code from the pc, all they have to do is rework it (if need be) for mobile, but they already have the structure for it.

I agree, I mean I can't be that hard they already have the code from the pc, all they have to do is rework it (if need be) for mobile, but they already have the structure for it.

It's better that the game is done properly though. Sure, they could blast through it sloppily and produce a buggy mess but trust me we don't want that.

They are actually completely rewriting the console versions and also doing whatever it is they need to do so that we don't lose our current saves. As well as releasing the 1.3 update.

The fact that we haven't seen it yet I think more so indicates that they want to give us a quality experience.

I really want the update bad, but I don't want a half done game that's broken or could potentially make my current saves unplayable

I have a question!! So, my buddy has terraria on his iPad, and I have it on the PS4, and I've been trying to convince him to buy the PS4 copy, but his issue is he doesn't want to start all over again. Now I know in the past you couldn't upload iOS terraria files unto console or pc, but I was wondering, the whole rewrite thing, since all the codes will be PC based, and since PS4 AND iOS upload to cloud, is there anyway we could get some cross saving going on? I mean, if he could transfer his iOS character to the console he would buy the PS4 edition right away, and I know if I could transfer, I'd buy the switch version, iOS version and the 3ds version no questions asked!

Come on guys be happy you're getting something you shouldn't ball because you're not getting anymore updates, nor ask for refunds.(I mean lmao, thats like asking for a refund on your fries after you've ate them)
it's simply a matter of time before the X-Box 1 and PS4 end up the same way.
Also, if you "Love" the game so much why don't you moved on to the newer gen i mean ffs, if you're gonna cry and what not solve it yourself. It isn't their fault the update is to big for the older consoles.
And last but not least xD I've been waiting so long for the update!

[doublepost=1494601715,1494601584][/doublepost]
Pipe works Should make the Console Terraria Different Why are they trying to make it more Like PC ?
Oh, i was making sure my friend said that. xD thanks

Come on guys be happy you're getting something you shouldn't ball because you're not getting anymore updates, nor ask for refunds.(I mean lmao, thats like asking for a refund on your fries after you've ate them)
it's simply a matter of time before the X-Box 1 and PS4 end up the same way.
Also, if you "Love" the game so much why don't you moved on to the newer gen i mean ffs, if you're gonna cry and what not solve it yourself. It isn't their fault the update is to big for the older consoles.
And last but not least xD I've been waiting so long for the update!

[doublepost=1494601715,1494601584][/doublepost]
Oh, i was making sure my friend said that. xD thanks

Haha Sure does
[doublepost=1494602780,1494602631][/doublepost]
Nah man you get to keep them, and your worlds as well.
Hi @XxGameroJackxX, welcome to the forums. A friendly reminder that the Edit button can be used if you need to add on to your post, instead of double or triple posting. :)

Also, the +Quote button can be used to quote different people in the same reply. You don't need to make a new post for each one. More info on that here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...g-in-public-threads.70/#threadReplyMultiquote

Hey all, after skimming through this thread I started to worry about if my iPad mini 2 could handle the 1.3 update? I worry because terraria is a form of therapy for me. Right now my device runs terraria extremely smoothly. Ive never had any crashes.

i think they shouldnt annouce the upgrade too soon. Keep it secret then suprise player is a better idea.
im in agony for waiting , i wish i didnt read the anoucement :(((

Is the specifications to play mobile 1.3 terraria available?
No, and it probably won't be available for a while yet. The mobile 1.3 version is based on the console 1.3 version which isn't done yet.

If you're about to buy a new phone I suggest you wait. If that's not an option get one with at least 4 GB RAM (like most current phones), that ought to be safe though nothing's ever certain. Make sure you don't mix up RAM and Storage, it's not the same thing.

If you're about to buy a new phone I suggest you wait. If that's not an option get one with at least 4 GB RAM (like most current phones), that ought to be safe though nothing's ever certain. Make sure you don't mix up RAM and Storage, it's not the same thing.
4GB of RAM is going to be an extremely expensive phone. Mine has 2GB and it's rather new. I'd say 2GB should be a safe bet on a new device for Terraria. I'm not a dev though, so your guess is as good as mine.

I have a question!! So, my buddy has terraria on his iPad, and I have it on the PS4, and I've been trying to convince him to buy the PS4 copy, but his issue is he doesn't want to start all over again. Now I know in the past you couldn't upload iOS terraria files unto console or pc, but I was wondering, the whole rewrite thing, since all the codes will be PC based, and since PS4 AND iOS upload to cloud, is there anyway we could get some cross saving going on? I mean, if he could transfer his iOS character to the console he would buy the PS4 edition right away, and I know if I could transfer, I'd buy the switch version, iOS version and the 3ds version no questions asked!
Terraria has never had cross save capability between different hardware companies. Each version is coded somewhat differently so that it functions on the different operating system. I don't know if it will be true after the 1.3 update for Mobile, but Mobile Terraria has always been a very parsed down version of Console Terraria. Often certain mechanics, like watches, are missing due to hardware limitations. If they break away from this then I don't see how past save files will be able to port over anyway so really I'd assume there's no possibility of him porting over his character from iOS.

Hey all, after skimming through this thread I started to worry about if my iPad mini 2 could handle the 1.3 update? I worry because terraria is a form of therapy for me. Right now my device runs terraria extremely smoothly. Ive never had any crashes.
Unfortunately hardware requirements haven't been released for the new Mobile version yet so nobody can really answer your question. Sorry to disappoint.

No, and it probably won't be available for a while yet. The mobile 1.3 version is based on the console 1.3 version which isn't done yet.

oh thanks for the information I will bought a new phone if my phone specification is not enough to play terraria 1.3

but get terraria on pc its so much better eccspecially now its gonna get new updates plus its really cheap, a long time ago in 2011 my brother got it on sale for $2.50

I got it for $10 so again extremely cheap.

but
man my iPad just shattered and couldn't get anyone to fix it so I decided to get the game on steam on my pc.

already got crimson armour, but it feels so weird having such little damage and defence but its pretty good to play the game again especially now I get to finally kill that moon lord once and for all to finally get the endgame armours, ahh feels good, plus all the new things they added like you know the crossover between dungeon defenders 2 the new events and npcs and weapons and armour and a whole lot, its pretty damn good

I LOVE TERRARIA EVEN MORE NOW :rslime::kingslime::rslime:

<double post merged>

I'm really upset with this decision.

Even if I did get an xbox one I won't be able to transfer my progress on my Xbox 360.

I feel that the creator of terraria could pull this last update off, but I also feel they are to lazy

that sucks.

get the game on pc or ios then

or just get a PS4

but I would suggest not getting it on psvita the controls are horrible, you know since its a vita not terraria's fault just because its a vita lol

I WOULD suggest getting it on ios, the game is only like 8 bucks and the 1.3 update is coming out for it at the end of June I believe.

or get it on pc, I think from

GO SUBSCRIBE TO HIM, GOOD YOUTUBER I SAY.

chippy gaming video the game it runs fine with a really cheap laptop so you don't really need a great laptop

Last edited by a moderator:
How come the 1.3 update isn't coming to PS3, honestly I find that :red:ed.
The smartest thing you guys have done was add Terraria on console but what is the point of having Terraria on PS3 if your not going to add one of the biggest updates that PC had???
PS. I know this is the chat for Xbox 360 but I couldn't find the chat for PS3 :)
And I'm not telling or asking you to take Terraria off PS3 I'm just asking for 1 thing, please add the 1.3 update to PS3 me and my son like playing it together but now he is number out because it isn't coming out to PS3 just Xbox 1 and PS4

How come the 1.3 update isn't coming to PS3, honestly I find that :red:ed.
The smartest thing you guys have done was add Terraria on console but what is the point of having Terraria on PS3 if your not going to add one of the biggest updates that PC had???
PS. I know this is the chat for Xbox 360 but I couldn't find the chat for PS3 :)
And I'm not telling or asking you to take Terraria off PS3 I'm just asking for 1 thing, please add the 1.3 update to PS3 me and my son like playing it together but now he is number out because it isn't coming out to PS3 just Xbox 1 and PS4
Well, to put it simple, both Xbox 360 and ps3 are 12 years old. I think of it like this. Would you update a console almost no one buys? Or would you update a console almost everyone buys?

And here's the main reasons that was given by @Unit One who quoted from @ClearConscious

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/no-more-updates-for-xbox-360-ps3-ps-vita-wii-u.51593/

Well, to put it simple, both Xbox 360 and ps3 are 12 years old. I think of it like this. Would you update a console almost no one buys? Or would you update a console almost everyone buys?

And here's the main reasons that was given by @Unit One who quoted from @ClearConscious

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/no-more-updates-for-xbox-360-ps3-ps-vita-wii-u.51593/
Well you have a point but still they should add it because I have a bunch of friends that have a PS3 or Xbox 360 and not just on the consoles in real life too
[doublepost=1496951719,1496951120][/doublepost]
Well you have a point but still they should add it because I have a bunch of friends that have a PS3 or Xbox 360 and not just on the consoles in real life too
And PS. I would update it because I know a lot of people still play ps3 and Xbox 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom