Console Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why get rid of reds wings and other developer items on console people now when 1.3 will give them back on treasure bags people will just hack them in again

Why get rid of reds wings and other developer items on console people now when 1.3 will give them back on treasure bags people will just hack them in again
Please do not ask about or discuss hacked console items on this forum. You are completely on your own regarding that topic.

I've already asked you to stop asking about this. Now please do so.

Any further discussion of hacked console items in this thread by anyone may result in warnings and/or loss of privileges to reply to this thread.

The matter has been answered to the best of anyone's knowledge, and is closed.

Just wanted to say I hope this comes soon as I've played 1.3.5.3 at a friends and been a ps3 to ps4 player for 4 years total. I told my kids about the stuff coming in, in particular the mounts and showed them a video of the lunar event and they are psyched. We are rooting for this update n hope it comes soon!

Just wanted to say I hope this comes soon as I've played 1.3.5.3 at a friends and been a ps3 to ps4 player for 4 years total. I told my kids about the stuff coming in, in particular the mounts and showed them a video of the lunar event and they are psyched. We are rooting for this update n hope it comes soon!

Same, I've been playing (4 years in September) and I have never gotten tired of this amazing game :joy:

Is the update still set for quarter 3 and are we getting more info about it tomorrow in the live stream?
No it was announced to be pushed back but they never said how long. I said that because maybe it could come out the first day of q3 but that likely won't happen.:dryadtongue:

I'm getting bored on waiting there is nothing to do
There are other games that pass the time. Try Warframe. It's free to play and really addicting.
(This is not an advertisement. I'm just making a recommendation so this dude isn't bored.)

I'm getting bored on waiting there is nothing to do
What is it on

Unfortunately this Thread is not the place for people to help you entertain yourself @Matt Kunz

Please direct this question and discussion of Warframe to a Profile Post instead. It is getting off-topic from here. This Thread is about the Console version of 1.3 for Terraria, not about other games.

Unfortunately this Thread is not the place for people to help you entertain yourself @Matt Kunz

Please direct this question and discussion of Warframe to a Profile Post instead. It is getting off-topic from here. This Thread is about the Console version of 1.3 for Terraria, not about other games.
My apologies. I just remember people talking about pass times on the other Console 1.3 thread and there's even a whole thread about it on the Otherworld forum.
Once again, sorry.

No it was announced to be pushed back but they never said how long. I said that because maybe it could come out the first day of q3 but that likely won't happen.:dryadtongue:
Im very aware that there isnt an exact date. On the front page of the forum it talks about the console progress and said that the target release was q3. They also said it shouldnt take to long. Which leads me to believe that it could be early q3 or near the end of this month.:p

The Terraria that I play now is nothing like he Terraria I first played years ago. This game has always been about constant updates, new features, additional bosses and content. I don't think there is any other game in the history of games that has had this kind of support from the developers. If it were any other developer, what we currently play would be Terraria 2 by now. The support has not gone unrewarded. I have paid for the game on PS3 for two systems, PS4, PC, and 2 tablets.

I am puzzled by this whole change coming to the PS4. In the past they would have given us the bare bones new code and then rolled out 50 updates over the next 6 months, slowly adding in the features. Instead, what they are doing is more like the big company development cycle where everything must be polished and perfected before release. With that amount of up front effort, they could have made an official Terraria 2 or Terraria: Otherworld. In fact, why not give us current Terraria with the nice and new Otherworld graphics?

In summary, I hate waiting. Give me something new and I will pay for it.

The Terraria that I play now is nothing like he Terraria I first played years ago. This game has always been about constant updates, new features, additional bosses and content. I don't think there is any other game in the history of games that has had this kind of support from the developers. If it were any other developer, what we currently play would be Terraria 2 by now. The support has not gone unrewarded. I have paid for the game on PS3 for two systems, PS4, PC, and 2 tablets.

I am puzzled by this whole change coming to the PS4. In the past they would have given us the bare bones new code and then rolled out 50 updates over the next 6 months, slowly adding in the features. Instead, what they are doing is more like the big company development cycle where everything must be polished and perfected before release. With that amount of up front effort, they could have made an official Terraria 2 or Terraria: Otherworld. In fact, why not give us current Terraria with the nice and new Otherworld graphics?

In summary, I hate waiting. Give me something new and I will pay for it.
Can't you just be patient? Do you understand how hard it is to switch from one engine to another? Be patient man! Delays are definitely worth the wait, especially in the case of Terraria! We waited over 2 years for the 1.2 update, and the devs were rushed into releasing 1.2 because they kept on setting arbitrary release dates! With 1.3 for PC however, they took as much time as they wanted, and delivered one of the best updates in the history of the game! This is the same with the console version! 1.2 didn't take long to port over, but fans were clawing at 505 and Engine to release 1.2, and when it came out, it was riddled with bugs! With 1.3, Pipeworks is taking their time, be patient, and what console players will receive should be much better than the pretty miserable launch of 1.2 on consoles! If you can't wait, then find another game to play, or just start a new playthrough!

Emphasis mine. I feel like you're being overly hyperbolic here. That said, were you around when we got no updates for over a year on PC since the game was "finished" as of 1.2.4? The fact that Terraria is still being supported at all currently should be seen as a privilege we are all enjoying.

As to the wait for 1.3 on consoles, it's for the best that we are getting a good product launch instead of a buggy release that needs a string of hotfixes.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Emphasis mine. I feel like you're being overly hyperbolic here. That said, were you around when we got no updates for over a year on PC since the game was "finished" as of 1.2.4? The fact that Terraria is still being supported at all currently should be seen as a privilege we are all enjoying.

As to the wait for 1.3 on consoles, it's for the best that we are getting a good product launch instead of a buggy release that needs a string of hotfixes.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Love that quote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom