tModLoader HERO's Mod - Terraria Creative Mode + Server Management + And Over 25 tools

This mod looks great. The only issue is that it seems to be incompatible with Thorium Mod. I have other mods too, but those all work when HERO mod is disabled. I sign in and host and it says "Found Server" forever and never loads.

Edit: Nevermind, after trying versions 1.5.1, 1.5 and 1.4.11 I found out that 1.4.11 is the on you need if you have Terraria version 1.3.4.4 and TML version 9.2.3! Fantastic mod, works great!

Last edited:
One issue I am having with this is that i am not able to host a server, as it just gets stuck on the starting server loading screen. I am not sure if the problem is occurring because I have a mac, or that I need to enable some file within the tmodloader. Is there any way to fix this problem so that I can host a server with my friends?

One issue I am having with this is that i am not able to host a server, as it just gets stuck on the starting server loading screen. I am not sure if the problem is occurring because I have a mac, or that I need to enable some file within the tmodloader. Is there any way to fix this problem so that I can host a server with my friends?
Please don't pm me and post here, it's confusing.

Anyway, i think we made a mistake with the the mac release of tmodloader, to fix it you need to copy TerrariaServer and TerrariaServer.bin.osx over the tModLoaderServer and tModLoaderServer.bin.osx files.

So I did that, and when I started the server it said that "you are not using the same version as the server". For some reason the server seems to be in 1.3.5.3, while my game is in 1.3.5.2. I think its due to tmod not being up to date, as it isn't compatible with 1.3.5.3 yet, i think.

Last edited:
Hey me again, recently got a controller and it works great for teleporting and such but it'd be cool if you guys added a hotkey button in controls to enable/disable the menu at the bottom so we don't have to click. Also perhaps more gamepad compatible features such as fly cam, unlimited reach running smooth with joystick.

So I did that, and when I started the server it said that "you are not using the same version as the server". For some reason the server seems to be in 1.3.5.3, while my game is in 1.3.5.2. I think its due to tmod not being up to date, as it isn't compatible with 1.3.5.3 yet, i think.
If the server is sayinf 1.3.5.3, that means you probably copied the TerrariaServer.exe over the tmod version as well.

When you said to replace the tmodserver files with the terrariaserver ones, do you mean the tmodserver files that are in the tmodloader folder or the tmodserver files located in the ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/Steam/steamapps/common/Terraria/Terraria.app/Contents/MacOS/?

Last edited:
So when I load into world and log in it says that I am in the default group. But when I am in that group I can not use the mods. How can I join the admin group?

To the folks who are confused about how to start off, both in the above and certainly following posts: Hero's Mod uses a login system to categorize users and give them rights ranging from super powered admin commands to the basic ability to play.

When you log in for the first time you will be frozen until a few seconds AFTER you register and log in via the door icon on the bottom of the screen. The first person to log in will automatically be made Admin. Once other users register and log in, the admin can chose to make groups and put players in those groups or even make everyone an admin.

In the event someone gets in the wrong group or no one has Admin rights you need to edit or delete the settings file "...Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\HEROsModDatabase.json". Users' registered names, unencrypted passwords, and group id's are saved here. Users set to "group" -1 are Admins. "group" 0 is the default.

All other features of the mod are fairly straight forward in the toolbar in game. For normal players without admin rights it's not normally useful. Just hide the bar after logging in with the little arrow and be thankful you are using Hero's Mod when a mod bugs and the admin has to spawn in an item for you or a troll joins a public server and has to be banned.

QUESTION: Is there a way to give a certain group the ability to ONLY create their own region for land/chest protection?

Last edited:
Hey, I'm getting an error message when I reload the mod to enable it.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at HEROsMod.HEROsMod.PostSetupContent() in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\HEROsMod\Mod.cs:line 191
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Whenever I start my multiplayer world it doesn't make me admin what can I do about this?
Edit the config file in the save directory

Hey, I'm getting an error message when I reload the mod to enable it.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at HEROsMod.HEROsMod.PostSetupContent() in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\HEROsMod\Mod.cs:line 191
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
your enabled.json would be helpful, especially if you can figure out the minimal set of mods that cause the error.

Back
Top Bottom