Things that you didn't realize were in the game for the longest time?

But not in the social slot. :p

Added: Or if you use a gills potion. Strangely, I think it doesn't trigger the Merfolk transformation if you have any of the accessories that has that effect.

On mobile it seems to cancel the merfolk buff. Even when fully underwater.
I don't know if that's a feature but I just realized that recently.

I was messing around in TEdit, and found these breakable background items which I had never seen before. I'm surprised that I never naturally encountered them.
upload_2017-6-5_18-27-35.jpeg

I was messing around in TEdit, and found these breakable background items which I had never seen before. I'm surprised that I never naturally encountered them.View attachment 172365

I've seen most of those before. The bird-in-a-cage is commonly found at the Lihzarhd Temple, usually on top of it or in the entrance foyer (before the locked door). Starting from left-to-right...

#1 is semi common in normal caverns.
#3 I don't think I've seen that exact graphic before. I think everybody has seen the fallen over bags, but this looks slightly different.
#5 is obviously a marble thing, but I've never seen it before. Same goes for #6, only it's granite.
#7 is the same as #1?
#8 I've seen that like hundreds of times, again, underground/caverns. Usually near the edges (it's supposed to be a broken bridge part).
#9 Yeah, I've seen those. Underground/Caverns.
And #10... weird, I've never seen that one before.

EDIT: I think I got the numbers screwed up. blaaaah dun feel like editing it right now lol. You know what I mean.

I've seen most of those before. The bird-in-a-cage is commonly found at the Lihzarhd Temple, usually on top of it or in the entrance foyer (before the locked door). Starting from left-to-right...

#1 is semi common in normal caverns.
#3 I don't think I've seen that exact graphic before. I think everybody has seen the fallen over bags, but this looks slightly different.
#5 is obviously a marble thing, but I've never seen it before. Same goes for #6, only it's granite.
#7 is the same as #1?
#8 I've seen that like hundreds of times, again, underground/caverns. Usually near the edges (it's supposed to be a broken bridge part).
#9 Yeah, I've seen those. Underground/Caverns.
And #10... weird, I've never seen that one before.

EDIT: I think I got the numbers screwed up. blaaaah dun feel like editing it right now lol. You know what I mean.

I have no idea what you mean.

The pile of coins on the ground gives lots of gold. It's like finding 3 gold sacks at once!

I only found one and I can't remember exactly but it was around 10-40 gold coins.

Not a 100%sure because I find alot of gold sacks on mobile but it's considerably more than the bag of coins.

What?!? So many regrets! Apparently smashing a demon altar has a chance to turn a random block in your world hallowed/corrupt/crimson! No WONDER all my worlds get completely out of control >_> I find and smash almost every altar

Fighting OOA after a Mechanical Boss but before Golem causes the Drakins to use an orange palette instead of purple.

Nnnnnnnnnnews to me.

The OOA event has three different variants depending on how much you've progressed at the game. Each variant has slightly different enemies: the names and their behaviour are the same, but their stats and their aspect are not.

I was messing around in TEdit, and found these breakable background items which I had never seen before. I'm surprised that I never naturally encountered them.View attachment 172365

I think I've seen all of most of those items, although I've never payed them much attention. The wiki article for them is this one (https://terraria.wiki.gg/Ambient_objects), except for the bag, which is this (https://terraria.wiki.gg/Coin_Stash). I don't think I can add much to Xylia's post, except confirm that #5 and #6 appear in marble and granite biomes respectively.

The Bone Pickaxe.
I just discovered this yesterday.
Apparently, this item has been around since 1.2.1, and I got into Terraria when console was in 1.2.3.
Seems like a really handy thing early game.

I didn't know that this little is enough to have a jungle biome on my projected "exhibition hall":

MZdwC5A.jpg

Fair enough, the wiki spells out that plant tiles count for biome conversion. I guess I can try a different design for an early mid-game low-tech money-making hut next time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom