3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

:pI like the 3ds port! Yes, pc is cheaper, but cant really play on pc (seeing as I don't have one) But it is solid! (At least mostly) It runs in my old 2ds fine and I play it a lot! Most of my problems is related to the fact that I lost my stylus.

Also on an unrelated note,Maybe a 3ds theme? Lol
Top screen is above ground and bottom is below ground :) (I can also provide more details)Chances of that are as low as The chance that I will get a slightly newer phone in the near future (a.k.a., 0.000001% or lower):p`-_-
[doublepost=1498282022,1498281948][/doublepost]And also, Terraria 3ds takes about as much battery life as playing an Original DS game on a 3ds on my ds (Seeing as I don't have 3d on my DS
[doublepost=1498282531][/doublepost]How do I as my signature? It's funny

Recently experienced multiplayer for the first time on the 3DS version and I'm surprised by how well it worked. Guess the news of how "buggy" and game braking it was freaked me out. Overall, the experience was fantastic, working flawlessly. There are, however, a few invisible enemies on the second players screen like the Creepers issue.

Thanks Loki for your response!

Yes, we have the best mobile in terms of that our building mode RULES!!
All I want is to be able to link with my buddy on her tablet and shower her with goodies... the only issue is the 3DS exclusives that may make Nintendo mad if they are on non-Nintendo platforms...

New 3ds 1.0.5 bugs:

1. hallowed biome with water becomes jungle biome with theme, frogs, arapaimas, etc. No jungle biome terrain around to cause it.

2. Items i may have placed in the environment vanish and do not go to inventory when i break it to pick up, it goes to my character but it isn' in my inventory. Ie. Piggy banks, seaweed planters, etc.

3. Game randomly crashes when opening the map screen.

4. Accessories , weapons/armor, tools, npc's etc that are in the console still need to be added, pocket watch is a must, as well as boreal and palm trees.

5. "gray text" seaweed states it is a summon for the pet turtle, using it does nothing.

6. Crafting of furniture that is in the console edition is missing from the 3ds version: tables, lamps, platforms, bathtubs, etc.

7. Lack of Internet multiplayer when all other editions of terraria on console, vita and pc do is ridiculous , especially when there are other games like monster hunter 4 , mario kart, etc, that do, and terraria 3ds obviously connects to the nintendo network for patches. Patching in Internet multiplayer is a must!

8. Crafting materials for tin bricks, lead bricks, tungsten bricks, platinum bricks, etc and crimson materials like crimsonite bricks are missing still.

9. Monsters sometimes spawn in uninhabited legal housing: Walls, blocks, doors, tables and chairs, light source are inthe room. It is annoying to have empty rooms waiting for an npc to have a monster spawn inside.

10. When i was near the hive in the jungle i was fighting a dragon hornet when the queen bee spawned, then 3-4 more spawned while i was fighting the first, within seconds of each spawn I had 4-5 queen bees in the jungle at the same time. I obviously died. I believe it happened in an expanded corrupt world. I did nothing to cause this.

Last edited:
New 3ds 1.0.5 bugs:

1 hallowed biome with water becomes jungle biome with theme, frogs, arapaimas, etc. No jungle biome terrain around to cause it.

2. Items i may have placed in the environment vanish and do not go to inventory when i break it to pick up, it goes to my character but it isn' in my inventory.

4. Accessories , weapons/armor, tools, npc's etc that are in the console still need to be added, pocket watch is a must, as well as boreal and palm trees.

5. "gray text" seaweed states it is a summon for the pet turtle, using it does nothing.

6. Crafting of furniture that is in the console edition is missing from the 3ds version: tables, lamps, platforms, bathtubs, etc.

7. Lack of Internet multiplayer when all other editions of terraria on console, vita and pc is ridiculous , especially when there are other games like monster hunter 4 , mario kart, etc, that do, and terraria 3ds obviously connects to the nintendo network for patches.

8. Crafting materials for tin, lead, tungsten , platinum , etc and crimson materials like crimsonite bricks are missing still.
#9 for me I can't find iron and any time I want it I need to make a new world to get some

I am in early hard mode right now and feel titanium armor is waaay too weak for the mech bosses. The wpns i have: titanium bow, magic dagger, cutlass and dao of pow are NOT strong enough to survive properly . I heard the drill you make by combining the cobalt, orichalcon and titanium drills is missing so im wondering if wpns and armor are missing as well to help me survive the twins, destroyer and skeletron prime. Wpns are way too weak, same with armor with buffs from accessories and potions. I have attempted and died several times on these bosses and getting annoyed with lack of good equipment.

Last edited:
#9 for me I can't find iron and any time I want it I need to make a new world to get some
Worlds do not always have iron in them, there is a chance you will end up with lead instead. Same goes for finding Platinum instead of gold, tin instead of copper, adamantite instead of titanium
[doublepost=1498516023,1498515797][/doublepost]
New 3ds 1.0.5 bugs:

1. hallowed biome with water becomes jungle biome with theme, frogs, arapaimas, etc. No jungle biome terrain around to cause it.

2. Items i may have placed in the environment vanish and do not go to inventory when i break it to pick up, it goes to my character but it isn' in my inventory. Ie. Piggy banks, seaweed planters, etc.

7. Lack of Internet multiplayer when all other editions of terraria on console, vita and pc do is ridiculous , especially when there are other games like monster hunter 4 , mario kart, etc, that do, and terraria 3ds obviously connects to the nintendo network for patches. Patching in Internet multiplayer is a must!

8. Crafting materials for tin bricks, lead bricks, tungsten bricks, platinum bricks, etc and crimson materials like crimsonite bricks are missing still.

9. Monsters sometimes spawn in uninhabited legal housing: Walls, blocks, doors, tables and chairs, light source are inthe room. It is annoying to have empty rooms waiting for an npc to have a monster spawn inside.

10. When i was near the hive in the jungle i was fighting a dragon hornet when the queen bee spawned, then 3-4 more spawned while i was fighting the first, within seconds of each spawn I had 4-5 queen bees in the jungle at the same time. I obviously died. I believe it happened in an expanded corrupt world. I did nothing to cause this.

As for this, a lot of stuff you have mentioned about missing items like bricks, tables ect. is because the 3ds version of Terraria is only PC version 1.2.0. The rest of the consoles are on version 1.2.4. We have some items and features from 1.2.4 and 1.3, but it is very limited. The 3ds is essentially it's own version of the game and not relatable to the rest of the home consoles

Worlds do not always have iron in them, there is a chance you will end up with lead instead. Same goes for finding Platinum instead of gold, tin instead of copper, adamantite instead of titanium
[doublepost=1498516023,1498515797][/doublepost]

As for this, a lot of stuff you have mentioned about missing items like bricks, tables ect. is because the 3ds version of Terraria is only PC version 1.2.0. The rest of the consoles are on version 1.2.4. We have some items and features from 1.2.4 and 1.3, but it is very limited. The 3ds is essentially it's own version of the game and not relatable to the rest of the home consoles
Well that sucks for me

Not sure where to post this, but I've run into an issue on 1.05. I've had two life crystals now completely disappear from my inventory when I move them into my hotbar. Reading seems to indicate that this was an issue that was thought to be fixed, but was caused by having certain items in your hotbar. Current hotbar contents are:
  • Spear
  • Tin Bow
  • Copper Pickaxe
  • Copper Axe
  • Wooden Hammer
  • Wood Platform
  • Dirt Block
  • Blank (the space that the crystals have disappeared from)
  • Rope
  • Torch
I hope this helps.

I noticed that when you exit a world with either a torch or ice torch, on the title screen sometimes when your character walks around and stuff, the torch or ice torch appears to be tucked in their armpit which would cause some burns in real life. . .
[doublepost=1499238198,1499237962][/doublepost]and I also found a demon altar right underneath my house. My house is literally right next to my spawn. Is it normal or is it a bug? I honestly do not know.

Not sure where to post this, but I've run into an issue on 1.05. I've had two life crystals now completely disappear from my inventory when I move them into my hotbar. Reading seems to indicate that this was an issue that was thought to be fixed, but was caused by having certain items in your hotbar. Current hotbar contents are:
  • Spear
  • Tin Bow
  • Copper Pickaxe
  • Copper Axe
  • Wooden Hammer
  • Wood Platform
  • Dirt Block
  • Blank (the space that the crystals have disappeared from)
  • Rope
  • Torch
I hope this helps.
To be more specific, the item that causes you to lose items is the one in the very first slot of your hotbar. So switch what is in the first slot for something else (put a different weapon in the first slot, the spear is most likely the bugged item). Even after swapping the item in the first slot, I recommend quickly selecting another item first before selecting the life crystal. After that, it should be fine, but there are other weapons later in the game that still cause this bug (but might make you lose other items, such as torches, ores, bars etc.). So every time you notice any items disappear from your inventory, swap out the item in your first slot of the hotbar to something else.

Also, it was never fixed or thought to have been fixed. They never updated the game even after we discovered how the bug was caused

I just made an account to say that the game does indeed crash on Terraria Expanded Mode when opening the map. I am so scared of it that I rarely do it anymore, and I save any time before I do. It doesn't seem to crash as much when you are working on your home, or building a hellevator, my guess is that it crashes when it tries to load all the newly discovered map.

This is on:
New 3DS XL US (latest firmware)
Terraria 3DS 1.0.5 (latest)

Back
Top Bottom