tModLoader Luiafk - Unlimited/Combinable Potions, Autobuilding stuff and more

Weird, I'd tested it in multi too (could be cause I'm using 2 clients on 1 pc though), should be fixed now if you update, let me know if it isn't though :).

When playing multiplayer all of the unlimited buckets pour the liquid over the other players head. For example, my boyfriend & I were making a lava trap, while I was wiring up the traps he was going to fill the trap. After about 5 or 6 pours with the unlimited lava bucket I had a lava fall over my head causing damage. We tested the other 2 unlimited buckets & the same thing happened with those. The strangest part is that the liquid fall that is over the other players head can be controlled by their mouse. It didn't matter if we were on each other's screen or not. We tested the bottomless water bucket & didn't have the issue. Is there a way to fix this?
i'm guessing by "bottomless water bucket" you mean the vanilla item? have you tested at separate ends of the world?

It should have always done it, I don't know why it didn't when I was testing it though :D. The prison builder used to do the same (build a prison at each players cursor) that's how I fixed it like 20 seconds after seeing the post.

All I can think is that in multi I only tested the combined one which defaults to sponge mode, so for the second player it would have been trying to delete liquid at the cursor instead of dropping liquid.

Weird, I'd tested it in multi too (could be cause I'm using 2 clients on 1 pc though), should be fixed now if you update, let me know if it isn't though :).
Correct we tested the modded buckets & the vanilla buckets.
i'm guessing by "bottomless water bucket" you mean the vanilla item? have you tested at separate ends of the world?
Correct the original in game bucket. We tested in multiple spots on the map & no matter where we are it dumps a liquid fall.
[doublepost=1498238671,1498238613][/doublepost]
It should have always done it, I don't know why it didn't when I was testing it though :D. The prison builder used to do the same (build a prison at each players cursor) that's how I fixed it like 20 seconds after seeing the post.

All I can think is that in multi I only tested the combined one which defaults to sponge mode, so for the second player it would have been trying to delete liquid at the cursor instead of dropping liquid.
I see you did an update I will check it when I go back into it

Love the mod, it's awesome! I do have a small wishlist of sound related things, though:
  • unlimited buckets play sound if they don't drop liquid (because they are fully submerged), unlike vanilla water bucket.
  • unlimited sponge plays sound even if it doesn't absorb anything, unlike the vanilla water sponge.
  • piggy bank summoner doesn't play the oink sound when summoned
None of them are terrible, though the bucket and sponge sounds make it harder to know when I'm a pixel off where I wanted to be and it's not doing anything. It'd be awesome to fix that.

Oh, and I'm a little surprised you didn't just use the money trough for the piggybank summoner ingredient, but whatever, it's cool anyway. :)

Yeah, I was gonna use the Money Trough but the money trough is hardcoded to ignore the fact that the chest position isn't an actual tile, whereas any other chest has to have an actual tile there or it will automatically close as soon as you open it. So I wanted a different piggy bank item so that all 3 would act the same (you can see the difference if you try using any of my ones in the middle of the air away from any tiles).

I should make it ignore grass if there's another valid tile nearby though, since the demon from Calamity's Demonshade Armor keeps breaking the grass under your feet which means that the chest closes when it's destroyed :D.

I'll have a look into sorting the bucket sounds out later on/tomorrow :).

Buckets and sponge all act like the vanilla variants (except the sponge does all liquids, obviously).

Pig sounds added to all the items that summon mobile banks :D.

Buckets and sponge all act like the vanilla variants (except the sponge does all liquids, obviously).
Pig sounds added to all the items that summon mobile banks :D.

so awesome. I got my squeaky piggy back, yay! Thanks for the mod, and also for those updates!

So I tried testing my unlimited rocket III's with my snowman cannon, and they ended up shooting Rocket IVs instead. Might be a bug, my house says

Hmm, weird, Snowman cannon isn't even supposed to be able to shoot modded ammo :D. When I tried it in 0.9.2.3 it didn't shoot anything (although I may not have tried all versions), and Jopo said that he was just gonna make the Snowman Cannon not be able to shoot modded ammo.

https://github.com/blushiemagic/tModLoader/issues/132

Edit: Ok, so the Snowman Cannon shoots modded ammo if that ammo shoots vanilla projectiles, if it shoots modded projectiles it does nothing.

Last edited:
Ok, new version up on modbrowser (link in op in a little bit), snowman cannon should shoot the correct rockets now when using unlimited rockets :).

Correct we tested the modded buckets & the vanilla buckets.

Correct the original in game bucket. We tested in multiple spots on the map & no matter where we are it dumps a liquid fall.
[doublepost=1498238671,1498238613][/doublepost]
I see you did an update I will check it when I go back into it

You fixed it! Thank you very much for doing it so fast. Sorry that I couldn't let you know right away if it worked or not.

Is it possible to turn any of the items in this mod off? I want to use lamps as opposed to invisible house tiles to light the subways and hellevators, but I can't delete them with TEdit, and breaking them by hand is too daunting of a task for it to be worth it.

tZDUzEA.png

New item :D.

I've added an item crafted from a light switch that will toggle the light from the house tile if that's what you meant? No plans to remove it being placed to start with though :).

Added some boss summon items.

Instant Moon Lord summon, summons Moon Lord without the wait time from impending doom.

Fishron summon, summons Fishron without needing to fish.

Golem summon, summons Golem without needing the Lihzahrd Altar.

They're all craftable from a single normal summoning item, and are consumable.

Wires/Bait is harder to do than most other items, they don't care about whether something is consumable. I played around for half an hour and got a new item like Grand Design to work, using no wires/actuators, placing the wire that is selected by the Grand Design. But I'd still need to sort the UI for selecting which wires and stuff you want.

Maybe I'll do it eventually, but I use Wireless so I'm not in a rush :).

The halloween and christmas enablers now work like the potions, just keep them in your inventory and it'll be christmas/halloween/both. They also combine into one item if you want both active and want to save space :).

I've also changed the building accessory ingredients slightly.

Ammo/Consumable Weapons/Health and Mana Potions (including Modded items):
I've made it so that if you're carrying enough of these items they'll no longer be consumed on use. You'll need all of the items in one stack, so you'll need a mod like MaxStacksPlus or Stack Increase.
The amounts needed for the items to not be consumed are as follows:
Any ammo that isn't a solution: 3996
Solutions: 999
Thrown Weapons: 999
Consumable weapons that don't do throwing damage (Tremor Alchemist etc): 3996
Healing potions: 120
Mana potions: 300

Thrown weapons was hard to decide on, because the cost to craft varies so much, but I think this is ok in general. I've left (and will be leaving in) the vanilla unlimited ammo/thrown weapons etc. because some have lower costs, and because people will have already made them and I don't want them to have to farm again or use Cheat Sheet.

So, i don't know why and it's been confirmed by disabling every mod but this but when i load a saved character or world it throws a loading error and it doesn't load anything.

I've left (and will be leaving in) the vanilla unlimited ammo/thrown weapons etc. because some have lower costs, and because people will have already made them and I don't want them to have to farm again or use Cheat Sheet.

Thanks for leaving them! I like the older model better, I'll confess, so I'm pleased it will stay. :)

Back
Top Bottom