tModLoader Magic Storage

Not sure if someone has already reported this bug but when I tried to place an item in the crafting result box at the bottom right of the crafting interface, the game crashed to the main menu. On top of this, I think it would be nice to be able to craft things in the crafting interface using things in my personal inventory along with my storage. great mod :)

I've never played modded terraria before. Will this mod be "mostly" compatible with the Thorium update for multiplayer play?

I'm pretty sure it's solid for multi play, as for content mods, it works fine for me, and I run a LOT of content mods. There were some minor bugs for multi, but I think Blushie worked them out

Amazing QOL mod which IMO greatly improves the Terraria expeirence making storage and crafting feel less like a chore. Great work and thanks!

I've run into a possible issue in multiplayer play. Crafting at the Storage Crafting Interface results in no action being taken on the client side, and an error message "Error on message Terraria.MessageBuffer" on the server side for each craft attempt. I'm hosting on Linux if that matters; and would be happy to provide supporting data to investigate if you need. Thanks!

I'm having a problem with multiplayer where if any of the items are placed in the world you can't load the world. I'm not getting any errors either server, or client or I would post them for you, just infinite loading.

Everything works perfectly in single player, and I've only had that one problem with multiplayer.

Love the mod, as soon as i saw it it was in my top 3 required mods for Terraria lol

i have connected a remote storage access to my storage heart and it works just fine. But when i connect storage units to the remote access they don't work

im getting an error everytime i try to acces the hearth, i dont know what to do, can you help me?

upload_2017-6-29_11-18-7.png

please tell me if you need any other info

i have connected a remote storage access to my storage heart and it works just fine. But when i connect storage units to the remote access they don't work

Can you better define "don't work"? How are you interacting with them, what do you expect them to do, and what actually happens instead?

Can you better define "don't work"? How are you interacting with them, what do you expect them to do, and what actually happens instead?
It fixed itself, it was supposed to add more storage slots but it didn't. But now after a while i notice that they did add the extra slots. Just not instantly, maybe because i reloaded the world.

In multiplayer, when i craft a bunch of items with the crafting station it causes global lag. Enough to even make my friend's game crash. Is there a way to prevent that?

Not sure if this got mentioned before but crafting items through the interface never rolls for any modifiers, always crafts default item.

would it be possible to sort/search by damage type for weapons in the crafting interface? summon/ranged/melee etc. would be VERY useful to have if I'm searching for an upgrade to a specific damage type:

damage selection.png

I was thinking could this area I've highlighted be used for some radial buttons or something to allow selection when in the weapon tab?

Couple of ease-of-use suggestions that won't require more screen space:

Hold down backspace key to delete more than one letter at a time, to make multiple searches faster
In the crafting interface, right-click an ingredient in a selected recipe to go to the recipe for that ingredient, if it has one

I would have a suggestion for this mod. To go with other mods that add different chests that have utilities on their own, it would be a nice thing to be able to integrate chests content to the network. (Probably at a high cost)

For example, the case I have in my world is Simple Auto Chests 'Gatherer' blocks which generate ressource over time. I would gladly pay upward of 3 diamonds an inventory to have the ability to access those through my network terminal.

Is there a quick key or and item or some for of deleting items from the storage system faster? I removed a big mod that add tons of items and such so now I have a pile of of unloaded items and removes them one by one is annoying but if that is the only way whelp nothing I can do.

Thank you for your time. o3o

I've run into a possible issue in multiplayer play. Crafting at the Storage Crafting Interface results in no action being taken on the client side, and an error message "Error on message Terraria.MessageBuffer" on the server side for each craft attempt. I'm hosting on Linux if that matters; and would be happy to provide supporting data to investigate if you need. Thanks!

An addition to my previous comment, I've done some testing to determine if it was a conflicting mod or another issue. The issue only presents itself if you are using the Linux tModLoader (didnt check Mac) version to host a server as best I can tell. I tested with only HEROs mod and Magic Storage enabled to deconflict any mods being the issue. On Windows they both work fine and can craft using the interface, on Linux I still have the error and no item creation during attempted crafting. I was unable to find any relevant logs to support, does Magic Storage write to an error log? Hope this helps!

I get the same error, but only when I have patched Terraria.exe using the Terraria Patcher and turned on Plugin Support. (Leaving Plugin Support turned off seems to work OK, but turning it on -- even with no plugins loaded -- causes this crash.) Since most of the functionality of the patcher is in its plugins, I'm hoping that a solution can be found.

Back
Top Bottom