tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
So uh.. how do you kill Astrum Deus? When I deplete his hit points he just disappears, and I don't get a treasure bag, nor does boss checklist report that I've downed him.

EDIT: Oh the giant slime isn't Astrum Deus.. right then.

I just finished farming plantera for the Blossom Flux, and the bow is only 144 damage and I am at the devourer of gods in my world. Is this a bug or do I have to go through and beat each boss again in order, to enhance the bows damage?

Technically legendary weapons should already know which bosses you've already beaten, but it'd probably be best if you did go through every boss once more to see if it helps. It most likely gets the most noticeable buffs after killing Plantera, the Moon Lord, the Devourer of Gods, and Yharon. Kill the Moon Lord again and see if it helps. If not, it's probably bugged.

I went through a quick test of how the damage from the Blossom Flux scales. Currently, I'd say you were stuck at the post-Plantera damage. After killing the Moon Lord, it scales up. After killing Providence, it scales up. After killing the Devourer of Gods, it scales up. After killing Yharon, it scales up.

Try killing them all over again to see if it helps. If it doesn't, then just use another weapon. :p

So I killed moon lord and stayed 144, so tried providence and it went to 216 dmg. Still seems like it is kinda low for how far in I am progressed.

It gets MUCH higher as you continue on. Not to mention it fires insanely quickly, meaning that it deals higher damage than you think it does.

Feels like being devourer of gods is the next thing on my kill list it should already be much higher than it is, maybe I am mistaken though.

I ran a few tests comparing it and other legendary weapons. It seems to be the weakest among them all, sadly. Whereas I can hit >1,000,000 DPS with my Aegis Blade, I can only hit <100,000 DPS with the Blossom Flux. This is with fully maxed out equipment, 100% crit rate, and the Soul of the Universe (+66% damage) from Fargo's Mod.

But this does beg the question, are you playing as a ranger class? If so, you might be a bit let down.

It's no problem. I wouldn't say you SHOULD change, later ranged weapons more than make up for the Blossom Flux's downsides. You could also grab Malachite, the throwing Legendary Weapon. It's pretty dope and "counts" as a ranged weapon given you throw it. ;)

Does anyone have the recipe for the Cosmic Bolter? The one on the wiki (5 Living Shards, Lunarian Bow, 5 Hallowed bars, 5 Souls of sight) isn't working for me

How do I fight the ravenger boss? And why is the plague boss so hard its suppost to post golem but Its harder then moonlord and im not even in expert mode

How do I fight the ravenger boss? And why is the plague boss so hard its suppost to post golem but Its harder then moonlord and im not even in expert mode

Craft Ancient Medallion to spawn Ravager. And the Plaguebringer Goliath isn't too hard. What you need to do is focus on mobility with a good amount of defence. Bring Endurance potions, Yharim's Stimulants, good armor, etc. and you should be good with a bit of practice.

On a side-note, WTF is with this, Calamity? Elemental Gauntlet Hax

Rip Destroyer. Killed by Legendary Copper Shortsword. Always knew it'd happen one day.
:merchantcool:

Last edited:
Also, what's up with the Bloodflare Core? Aside from a damaging aura around you (that actually does pitiful damage, now that I think about it), it actually doesn't do anything up until you're beaten down past 50% of your HP. Until that happens, it's essentially just a useless accessory with a prefix. Perhaps a fusion of the Bloodflare Core, the Frigid Bulwark (which is quite similar), and the Nebulous Core? That would act as a potent damage absorber, damage booster, and a life-saver in-case you accidentally kick the bucket.

EDIT - to save a bit of space

There's also the Elysian Treads I have a problem with. Comparing the Treads with the Soul of Dimensions, the Soul has MUCH greater acceleration than them. Like, from zero to max in 4 seconds. The Tread's acceleration is twice that. Zero to max in 8 seconds. It's painfully slow by comparison, but that's not all.

Painfully slow seems to personify them. I run slower, I fly slower, I even fall slower! :merchantmad:

I would love an improvement to the overall speed granted by the Elysian Tracers. Using both the Heart of the Elements and the Sponge (or the Absorber) grants an improved jump speed, but that's more of a crutch if nothing else. The Treads look awesome and I love using them, but they just feel too slow! :merchantcry:

Last edited:
Also, what's up with the Bloodflare Core? Aside from a damaging aura around you (that actually does pitiful damage, now that I think about it), it actually doesn't do anything up until you're beaten down past 50% of your HP. Until that happens, it's essentially just a useless accessory with a prefix. Perhaps a fusion of the Bloodflare Core, the Frigid Bulwark (which is quite similar), and the Nebulous Core? That would act as a potent damage absorber, damage booster, and a life-saver in-case you accidentally kick the bucket.

EDIT - to save a bit of space

There's also the Elysian Treads I have a problem with. Comparing the Treads with the Soul of Dimensions, the Soul has MUCH greater acceleration than them. Like, from zero to max in 4 seconds. The Tread's acceleration is twice that. Zero to max in 8 seconds. It's painfully slow by comparison, but that's not all.

Painfully slow seems to personify them. I run slower, I fly slower, I even fall slower! :merchantmad:

I would love an improvement to the overall speed granted by the Elysian Tracers. Using both the Heart of the Elements and the Sponge (or the Absorber) grants an improved jump speed, but that's more of a crutch if nothing else. The Treads look awesome and I love using them, but they just feel too slow! :merchantcry:
[doublepost=1498643940,1498643820][/doublepost]Soul of Dimensions needs to be better because of all the stuff you use.
[doublepost=1498644321][/doublepost]How do i get Nightmare Fuel and Endothermic Energy?

[doublepost=1498643940,1498643820][/doublepost]Soul of Dimensions needs to be better because of all the stuff you use.
[doublepost=1498644321][/doublepost]How do i get Nightmare Fuel and Endothermic Energy?

No, no, no, just no. Without restricting the mobility of the Elysian Treads, it already is better. It offers 30% damage reduction, +500 HP, the Shiny Stone regen, the Frozen Turtle Shell effect, the Paladin Shield effect, etc. I think its okay for the Treads to be just as fast given they won't have all the Soul's other useful properties.

Nightmare Fuel and Endothermic energy are from the Pumpking and Ice Queen respectively.

Also why is Revengence mode soo easy?
[doublepost=1498644871,1498644696][/doublepost]Thanks for telling about the Nightmare fuel and Endothermic energy I was wondering witch boss drops them

Revengence is really easy, I tested supreme calamatis and i beat her when i wasn't at her stage.
[doublepost=1498645663,1498645620][/doublepost]Revengence is really easy, I tested supreme calamatis and i beat her when i wasn't at her stage.

Back
Top Bottom