Tool [LEGACY][Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 1.X.X.X

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the current version tilereach seems to be broken. according to the scan for available attributes it utilizes letters not numbers. EG: -1 range is b, +1 range is d.

In the current version tilereach seems to be broken. according to the scan for available attributes it utilizes letters not numbers. EG: -1 range is b, +1 range is d.

What do you mean by 'tilereach' and what specific item are you scanning?

Last edited:
If not possible already would you make it possible to remove lava slimes ability to drop lava on death in expert mode? That creature is always ruining my honey deposits.

What do you mean by 'tilereach' and what specific item are you scanning?
There is a field in item stats called tilereach, this I'm assuming is the + or -range of a tool. I wanted to try to change the shroomite digging claws to have no range penalty but...it doesn't work. Upon scanning for available attributes I saw that the tilereach is b. I tried checking copper pickaxe, also tilereach b, Then I tried checking another item, the picksaw, tilereach is d. So it seems that tile reach uses letters not numbers.

-edit

Oops it's called tileboost, my bad. Either way it doesn't work.

There is a field in item stats called tilereach, this I'm assuming is the + or -range of a tool. I wanted to try to change the shroomite digging claws to have no range penalty but...it doesn't work. Upon scanning for available attributes I saw that the tilereach is b. I tried checking copper pickaxe, also tilereach b, Then I tried checking another item, the picksaw, tilereach is d. So it seems that tile reach uses letters not numbers.

-edit

Oops it's called tileboost, my bad. Either way it doesn't work.

tileBoost indeed controls the range of an item. For items like wrenches, where tileBoost is explicitly set to 20, the Omnipatcher will work. For items like the shroomite digging claw, where tileBoost is changed relative to another value, the Omnipatcher will not work. The program expects to see instructions following a certain pattern, but little changes the devs make to that pattern throw things off. If the scan of tileBoost returns letters, that means the instructions for that item stray from the pattern and thus the program reports part of an opcode.

Also, it would be cool to completely break bosses and large mimics by removing their ability to "noclip" trough blocks.

Now that's considerably more time-consuming, maybe I can fit that in to an eventual TT2 update
Cool. Also about that "lava drop on death", would you make it possible to make any enemy drop any liquid on death?
Also(and i know i am giving you quite a bit of work) a way to modify drops and droprates on enemies. Say making the slime staff drop at a 20% rate from Vampires.

Cool. Also about that "lava drop on death", would you make it possible to make any enemy drop any liquid on death?
Also(and i know i am giving you quite a bit of work) a way to modify drops and droprates on enemies. Say making the slime staff drop at a 20% rate from Vampires.

For any enemy to drop liquid on death, that can be done simply but it'll take a lot of time. I'm really hustling to get TT2 out the door for July 12th, so a feature like that would be most likely be in an update. While I cant think of hundreds of practical uses for enemies to place liquids on death, that's quite interesting and I'll take a look into it.

Drop rates is a popular request. Unfortunately, the drop logic in Terraria is a horrid mess with no consistent pattern to it whatsoever. I'm predicting 100 to 150 manhours needed to add a feature to modify drops, and, while I wish I could deliver that, I just dont have the time right now. It's definitely on the list of major update plans, however.

Last edited:
For any enemy to drop liquid on death, that can be done simply but it'll take a lot of time. I'm really hustling to get TT2 out the door for July 12th, so a feature like that would be most likely be in an update. While I cant think of hundreds of practical uses for enemies to place liquids on death, that's quite interesting and I'll take a look into it.

Drop rates is a popular request. Unfortunately, the drop logic in Terraria is a horrid mess with no consistent pattern to it whatsoever. I'm predicting 100 to 150 manhours needed to add a feature to modify drops, and, while I wish I could deliver that, I just dont have the time right now. It's definitely on the list of major update plans, however.

I expected such a response. Thank you very much for your work and take all the time you need. Its cool that you are even considering doing such large amounts of work for a random person on the internet. You work at your pace and follow your schedule. Thank you again :^).

I noticed with the darwin tool you can change the stats of NPCs, is there a way to specify expert mode vs normal mode stats? Frankly the destroyer, which is likely one of the first hardmode bosses you fight, being able to hit you for 280 in expert mode if it's head hits you is a bit bullcrap to me when you consider that's only one heart less of the moon lord's ultimate attack. I swear Relogic have no clue on how to actually balance their game O.<

I'm a bit excited for the release that will hopefully come through today! So much so that I have created an account to post here.

I'm curious to find out if the update will be able to fix a lot of the things that I consider to be poorly balanced, I mean... Just look at Magic Armor, why does the increased mana go DOWN with superior armor? there's a whole 40 mana drop from Hallowed to Spectre/Nebula, in my opinion, Lunar Event armor should AT LEAST have the same stats as lower tier armor, if not outright superior stats all-round... Considering the difficulty of beating "him" on Expert, which is all I've really been playing on. >.>;

I also think that it's silly that Stardust Armor's phantom is weaker than Chlorophyte Armor's Crystal Leaf, or even Forbidden Armor's Sandstorms, both are much weaker tiers of armor, yet per hit the damage of their extra effects are superior...

I'd also like to see the ability to edit the durations on buffs like potions and the crystal ball/bewitching table/etc, because like... it's really inconvenient having to chug a potion every few minutes, and carry buff furniture around. >.>;

Anyway, I appreciate this tool a great deal! Thank you for your hard work.

I'm a bit excited for the release that will hopefully come through today! So much so that I have created an account to post here.

I'm curious to find out if the update will be able to fix a lot of the things that I consider to be poorly balanced, I mean... Just look at Magic Armor, why does the increased mana go DOWN with superior armor? there's a whole 40 mana drop from Hallowed to Spectre/Nebula, in my opinion, Lunar Event armor should AT LEAST have the same stats as lower tier armor, if not outright superior stats all-round... Considering the difficulty of beating "him" on Expert, which is all I've really been playing on. >.>;

I also think that it's silly that Stardust Armor's phantom is weaker than Chlorophyte Armor's Crystal Leaf, or even Forbidden Armor's Sandstorms, both are much weaker tiers of armor, yet per hit the damage of their extra effects are superior...

I'd also like to see the ability to edit the durations on buffs like potions and the crystal ball/bewitching table/etc, because like... it's really inconvenient having to chug a potion every few minutes, and carry buff furniture around. >.>;

Anyway, I appreciate this tool a great deal! Thank you for your hard work.

Thanks for the suggestions and support of Terraria Tweaker! You may see your ideas in an upcoming TT2 update

Terraria Tweaker 2 IS OUT!!
https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...ia-tweaker-2-supercharge-your-terraria.59796/

Thank you everyone for supporting my project over the years! The journey to this release began sometime in August of last year, with many, many hours banked in developing TT2. More updates are coming with more tweaks - but for now I need a little rest. :)

While I've always hoped for a perfect launch, I cant imagine lucking out with not a single bug squeaking by - I sincerely apologize for those (I'm just a guy with some free time!). Hopefully, all the new functionality has been worth the wait. Thank you again, everyone! :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom