PS3 & PS4 Saved Data Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this for your all's testing purposes or for people needing to convert PS3 to PS4 only?
Because I already play on PS4, but if this data is solely to help you guys optimize the game, I'll happily send you my saves.

Sent mine in and, oh, is it a biggen. Should be great for testing since it has nearly every single item in the main game minus a couple items from the latest update. Hope this truly helps and all. A world that has been built and added onto over the span of... however as long as the PS4 version has been out. Aptly titled, Underhill.

Hi do u remember the size of your world cuz I have a feeling I did something wrong... did u also use a formatted USB?

57.2 Mb. This included character as well. I believe the map file size does not change much. I believe you get two system files in the save folder and the saves are actually the SYSTEM file with no extension.

Mine was a bit lower zipped but I added screenshots for posterity. Which reminds me to check why neither me nor the kids got the pets trophy yet... 5 mounts n 19 pets (missing frost n pumpkin)

I think it also depends on how many worlds also.

So, we will lose our characters and worlds if we don't do this?
Not at all! They are collecting save files to test if pre-1.3 saves are ported successfully to the 1.3 version once it comes out, they are not converting them for you to use.

Sending in your files serves as a guarantee that your saves will port over successfully (as they will be tested directly rather than indirectly), but if you choose not to, your saves will be fine as well. Sending them in just helps Pipeworks to fine tune the porting process, and it will also give you that extra layer of certainty. ;)

Not at all! They are collecting save files to test if pre-1.3 saves are ported successfully to the 1.3 version once it comes out, they are not converting them for you to use.

Sending in your files serves as a guarantee that your saves will port over successfully (as they will be tested directly rather than indirectly), but if you choose not to, your saves will be fine as well. Sending them in just helps Pipeworks to fine tune the porting process, and it will also give you that extra layer of certainty. ;)
Ok! Thanks for clarifying!

This sounds really good for People that look For Switching From PS3 to PS4. It sounds like we are Getting close everday:)

As others have noted, the goal here is to greatly increase the number of test cases for "existing saves from the old codebase moving into the new codebase". To be sure, the PW guys have tested such transfers extensively internally - but given how many random variables can exist in worlds, it seemed like a smart move to enhance the number of test cases (albeit a somewhat uncommon if not unprecedented step). This just helps to make certain - or as close to certain as you can get - that there are no (or at least WAY fewer) issues with old saves at launch. We all know how important those are to Terrarians!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom