Drawings & Paintings ppower arts

At long last, the final part of the 'Epic Final Boss' series.
For around 1,5 years, I've started these series to put effort into drawings. And to capture some of my favorite bosses in the video games that I've played.
These bosses doesn't certainely had to be hard, as long as I can get an epic sensation from the boss. And because of that, I don't want that these bosses will be forgotten due to aging, hence why I've wanted to draw them so keep them in memory.

I’ve fought a lot of bosses during my video game road. Too much to count them one by one.
However, there’s one final boss that has to be my favorite of all time, and that was, surprisingly, not from Metroid, Zelda or any other game that had a focus on fighting. Instead, it was from the Mario series.

And that boss is no other but the very first Giant Bowser:

Big Bad Baby Bowser.png

“Transforming into a giant, I invented that, pal” - Bowser

I’ve quite my reasons why I truly love this boss…So If you're really up for the read, then take a look at the spoiler below.
Story
It started with Yoshi finding a baby, who was on a quest to find the baby’s lost brother.
He had to travel throughout the whole Island, only to warp to a different island at the end.
There, the entire island felt like a badlands desert. Dry, dark, and death.
Finally, Yoshi confronted Kamek, who stole his brother. And Bowser as a baby. Who was up for a fight. Yoshi overmastered him quickly, although it required timed tactics.
But the fight wasn’t over yet. Kamek, who previously used his magic to make huge bosses of normal enemies, used the same magic on bowser. And much more than on other enemies. Causing him to grow so large to cover the entire screen.

When the black shadow disappeared, the room where baby bowser houses was no more, the only thing that's left of the room was is a broken, unstable floor.
But it all just started, over the dawn of the horizon, you see a giant rising up from the ground. Only a few miles away from you. The way how the dawn makes a huge shadow of his front is really epic looking and well thought in the scene. The buildup of the appearance along with the epic music, falling objects and thunder felt all so epic as an introduction to his mega form. I just love it.

And when the music starts dropping the bass, he starts walking towards you. A huge giant with glowing eyes of anger, trying to crush you along with the ruins of his own castle. From a game that started so childish, I would have never expected it to end it like this. He would have been unstoppable…almost, if it only wasn’t for the occasional balloon floating around with an mega egg.
Maybe someone was supporting Yoshi from a distance?
The eggs did worked out, although you’ve to aim suddenly in a new perspective and gravity is now involved as well. Making it actually pretty challenging to find the right spot to aim for.

Difficulty:
As far as the difficulty goes, it wasn’t the hardest fight I had, but it also wasn’t easy.
Bowser starts with destroying the platform with falling boulders, creating pits deep enough to kill you. And thus limiting you to move around everywhere. And later he does it again, letting you only having a few tiny platforms to move around.

So, It’s game over if you fall in the depths, and it’s game over if you let Bowser crushing you. 2 factors that can cause an instant death. Furthermore, it was also frustrating. You’ve to throw eggs with a new aiming mechanic that hasn’t been introduced before, The perspective and gravity also felt a little off to me, so finding the right spot to aim was a tricky one.
(If you managed to already read this far, congrats to you! I really appreciate it.)

Birth of a mega boss
Nowadays we’re all used that bowser got a second mega form when he is defeated. But this was the first time it happened in its history. This was actually the game that caused bowser to get mega size in future installments. And thus, seeing that for the very first time give an actual horrific thought.

This was also my first ‘background boss’ I ever fought as well.
As for huge background bosses, there’s one nitpick that I always have with those, and that’s that they’re not using their gigantic size to crush their tiny opponent at instant. Yes, Moon Lord also falls under that category. However, this boss was different. As this one really wants to crush the entire field with you on it.

Because of the fame that this Mega Bowser battle has. Mega Bowser has made multiple appearances in various titles. However, from something what used to be unique and epic, it’s getting rather expectable and mediocre to me. In fact, despite Bowser has gotten tons of mega forms, none of them has given me the same epic feels as this very first one. And they all got the flaw again of been a giant, but unable to crush their tiny opponent. Maybe it’s because my nostalgia, or maybe because Nintendo didn’t want to implement a boss as hard and frightening as this one?

Childhood
I guess this is probably the most important reason of all. I fought this boss when I was just a little kid. And if you haven’t experienced that yourself, then you had no idea how much of an impact this boss made to me. It all looked so extreme and even impossible for me. I had to give my controller to my dad once I finally reached this boss, just because of how scary it was back then.

Of course, when I got older, I got eventually better in games as well, and after several months (or years?). I finally managed to beat him all by myself. And man…..It was such an incredible feeling to finally beat something that looked so incredible tough. Once I realized that I could beat that, it felt like I could take on the world.

That was a feeling that I’ll rarely get nowadays, or at least to Nintendo games.
Yes, I know that this game has also quite aged well. And I know that there are still really hard games out there.
But I believe that none of them will give me the same feeling again as with what I’ve experienced with this boss, especially when it comes to the scenery, music and overall feeling. And that’s why this deserves to be my #1 spot on the list.

Also, Yoshi will randomly scratching his butt as idle animation. I don’t know why, but I found it hilarious.

tl;dr: As a child, this boss gave me a sensation that I've never experienced or imagined.
And even from the day untill today, it still remains really unique for a background boss.

And that's all about to wrap it up.
I had a huge longlist of epic bosses, and thus I had to pick up my favorites out of them.
There are truly a lot of amazing bossfights. Probably too many to keep myself motivated to draw them all.
I might eventually make some quicker sketches of all the other bossfights that I had planned to draw, if you're up for it.

I'll likely miss this time where I'm going to draw these, as IMO, these were one of the artworks I put the most effort in them.
But I guess that it's time for something else to look up for to practise.
But overall, I hope that you've enjoyed the road. because I certainely did. :)

Since the early times of this art thread, I've given Steef a signature sword of light.
The sword has gotten through quite some changes, in design, description and even name.

And as of now, the Lightrand has now finally some fitting lore as well:
Lightrand.png

The Lightrand is a sword made of Solarstone, a gold colored material that's able to absorb high amounts of sunlight in a cubic centimeter.
When used in combat, if the Solarstone gets damaged by scratches, it'll unleash the sunlight it stored in it. causing an explosion burst of light.

While that's just a scientific effect, it has been considered sacred as the years passed. And rumors sprout that the sword has been blessed. The source of the raw Solarstone is however lost, That's because it looks like a plain rock if it no longer contains sunlight. So it couldn't be researched anymore.

Steef discovered that the Solarstone in the Lightrand is able to conduct heat and flames, causing the blade to be heaten up, making it glow.
In combination with Steef's firepower, it's also able to flare a "fire of light". giving the flames a golden color.
If it cools down after heaten up, it'll cause it to temper itself. recovering itself from the scratches it caused. Effectively causing it to last almost forever.

Despite it's not been an actual 'holy' weapon, It'll still show's it's effectiveness against dark creatures.

Last edited:
Since the early times of this art thread, I've given Steef a signature sword of light.
The sword has gotten through quite some changes, in design, description and even name.

And as of now, the Lightrand has now finally some fitting lore as well:
View attachment 172839
The Lightrand is a sword made of Solarstone, a gold colored material that's able to absorb high amounts of sunlight in a cubic centimeter.
When used in combat, if the Solarstone gets damaged by scratches, it'll unleash the sunlight it stored in it. causing an explosion burst of light.

While that's just a scientific effect, it has been considered sacred as the years passed. And rumors sprout that the sword has been blessed.Some rumors included that the blade could be a combination of the four elements that hides in its gems, the actual reason why the gems are there is unknown though.
The source of the raw Solarstone is however lost, That's because it looks like a plain rock if it no longer contains sunlight. So it couldn't be researched anymore.

Steef discovered that the Solarstone in the Lightrand is able to conduct heat and flames, causing the blade to be heaten up, making it glow.
In combination with Steef's firepower, it's also able to flare a "fire of light". giving the flames a golden color.
If it cools down after heaten up, it'll cause it to temper itself. recovering itself from the scratches it caused. Effectively causing it to last almost forever.

Despite it's not been an actual 'holy' weapon, It'll still show's it's effectiveness against dark creatures just as great.
it's suggestion time
sorry i had to

A long time ago, I've drawn several notable armors of Terraria back when I just started to draw digital.
But it aged, and it has aged a lot, I've been thinking for months about re-doing it, but that was asking for a lot of effort and time.
Now, with CC#50, I wanted to do something special and more unique than otherwise, and the idea came in mind to do all the armors Terraria has.

Because of a short month and the exams interrupting them, I had quite my struggles to keep it going untill the end. But finally, I've managed to make it in time. Behold:
terraria__all_armors_1_3_by_ppowersteef-dbeclcv.png

PS: Several references of the armors were intended

Last edited:
A long time ago, I've drawn several notable armors of Terraria back when I just started to draw digital.
But it aged, and it has aged a lot, I've been thinking for months about re-doing it, but that was asking for a lot of effort and time.
Now, with CC#50, I wanted to do something special and more unique than otherwise, and the idea came in mind to do all the armors Terraria has.

Because of a short month and the exams interrupting them, I had quite my struggles to keep it going untill the end. But finally, I've managed to make it in time. Behold:
d9d40fbebc16c2e55093191a23f4091a-dbeclcv.png

PS: Several references of the armors were intended
Wow, that's a lot of art.

And I've updated the art thread so far with the latest artwork of Terraria and characters, including the new thumbnails:

As well as the next Request Recap:
All requests season 10.png

I'm almost at the point where I'll open my Request gates, but at the moment I've still to recover from the Terraria Armors, I havn't been really into drawing since I finally managed to finish that in time. So give me a little break from drawing before I get too much again. :)

With my diploma getting tomorrow, I'm getting soon all the time of the world again.
Even while I want to do my own things, I've also ideas to open the request gates one more time.

But...I just want to say something out of my mind. It's a little bit of personal-yet-public thoughts really.
So if you're up for the read, you may check the spoiler below:
You know, nowadays it feels like I'm the last well-known artist left who opens requests and actually does them. All at free will.
Most (if not all) other well-known artist that are still here around don't do requests anymore, or are very delayed with the current request batch that likely most of the requesters have forgotten about. If not the artists themselves.

It feels weird...really weird, this is not meant to be offensive to other artists. But this is how I am experiencing it.
Oh well, It's at least a good thing to know that I've become an artist myself to make that change to fill in the void. And I'm really grateful to be able to do that.

And with that out of my mind, I can now, after a long while, again:

---Requests are now Open!---

I'll keep the requests open for 20 slots for now, no raffles this time, so first come = first serve.
The slots may eventually expand further depending on how well the requests goes.
Please be aware that I don't start them immidately. As I need sleep too.

Also, the general request rules still applies as well:
Things I will draw:
one of the three choices:
(1) You request one character with a more detailed design, shading (cell or soft):
Angelic Steef 1.png Dynamic Nageru Hito.png Silvyne Space Sibling.png Soma.png
The style may eventually vary depending on how much I like to draw the character.
So pick cute girls and you've a chance to get them at extra quality.

(2) Request up to two characters with a simplier design, no shading:
alm_s_royal_lightrand.png Aurora.png Pacifist.png Raincoat Archer.png
(3) Request up to 4 characters in a small chibi style. but simplier pose:
Chibi OC's crop.png

The characters doesn't have to be Terraria-related, but it is preferred.
I don't set a specific limit about character details, but I'll rather not prefer overly-detailed characters.
Pictures of your character(s) are preferred if possible!
Any* race is acceptable, but I do draw humans often so my preference is for that.

*As long as I feel comfortable drawing it.

Thing I will not draw:
- Anything that is against the usual forum rules.
- Backgrounds.
- Evil/Demonic/Bloodlusting characters.
- Blood/Guro.
- Basically anything that does not make me feel comfortable drawing.

Please PM me if you've questions/doubts about your request.

With that said: Request Away! ;)

Well well wellidy well well well.

I normally don't request stuff (somehow I find that intrusive), but since you clearly enjoy doing them, I'll make an exception just for you. :)

I'd love to see you give Evie another shot. Yes, I know, giving PersonaTea artwork as reference sets the bar kinda high, but I'm sure you'll do just as well!

009___evie_by_personatea-d9wwjoc.png

Note: I reserve the right to turn this into an art trade without advance warning. ;)

EDIT: Probably should reminiscence on your thoughts as well, considering I'm somewhat of an artist.

I did something resembling requests only once, in the form of my TCF Anniversary Party. That got ruined fairly quickly by a very poorly timed depression (one I've almost recovered from), and while I do feel bad (and sometimes even guilty) about not continuing it, I don't feel obliged to until I've completely recovered.

I also did a request for someone on TCF once (I won't name them). It took me days and I was rather pleased with it, but when I delivered the reaction I got was extremely disrespectful, which was very demoralising at the time (this was mid-depression). I won't say it's put me off of doing request for good, but I do feel that drawing what I want to draw is a lot 'safer' than drawing what other people want me to draw.

To be completely honest, though, I think you give yourself too little credit: it's not at all easy to do request, especially not so many so quickly. The fact that you manage is a testament to your skill, dedication and willingness. If you are pulling the cart, so to speak, then to me that's not because you have to, but because you are strong enough to do so. ;)

Last edited:
YUS

Here's my request:
m5-WSwMYO6w.jpg
Color pallete is same as on my current profile picture. Another thing: he's holding the Ghastly Glaive in right hand like this:
header.jpg
And don't forget the eyes.

Last edited:
With my diploma getting tomorrow, I'm getting soon all the time of the world again.
Even while I want to do my own things, I've also ideas to open the request gates one more time.

But...I just want to say something out of my mind. It's a little bit of personal-yet-public thoughts really.
So if you're up for the read, you may check the spoiler below:
You know, nowadays it feels like I'm the last well-known artist left who opens requests and actually does them. All at free will.
Most (if not all) other well-known artist that are still here around don't do requests anymore, or are very delayed with the current request batch that likely most of the requesters have forgotten about. If not the artists themselves.

It feels weird...really weird, this is not meant to be offensive to other artists. But this is how I am experiencing it.
Oh well, It's at least a good thing to know that I've become an artist myself to make that change to fill in the void. And I'm really grateful to be able to do that.

And with that out of my mind, I can now, after a long while, again:

---Requests are now Open!---

I'll keep the requests open for 20 slots for now, no raffles this time, so first come = first serve.
The slots may eventually expand further depending on how well the requests goes.
Please be aware that I don't start them immidately. As I need sleep too.

Also, the general request rules still applies as well:
Things I will draw:
one of the three choices:
(1) You request one character with a more detailed design, shading (cell or soft):
View attachment 175069 View attachment 175068 View attachment 175070 View attachment 175076
The style may eventually vary depending on how much I like to draw the character.
So pick cute girls and you've a chance to get them at extra quality.

(2) Request up to two characters with a simplier design, no shading:
View attachment 175072 View attachment 175073 View attachment 175074 View attachment 175075
(3) Request up to 4 characters in a small chibi style. but simplier pose:
View attachment 175071

The characters doesn't have to be Terraria-related, but it is preferred.
I don't set a specific limit about character details, but I'll rather not prefer overly-detailed characters.
Pictures of your character(s) are preferred if possible!
Any* race is acceptable, but I do draw humans often so my preference is for that.

*As long as I feel comfortable drawing it.

Thing I will not draw:
- Anything that is against the usual forum rules.
- Backgrounds.
- Evil/Demonic/Bloodlusting characters.
- Blood/Guro.
- Basically anything that does not make me feel comfortable drawing.

Please PM me if you've questions/doubts about your request.

With that said: Request Away! ;)
INCOMING REQUEST
(You can do this when its open)
I would like to request a drawing of me. If possible, do it with gunhands.
This one plz.

EDIT: Example Images
Base II.png
gunhands.png

Last edited:
Am camping right now so can't write a proper request - I would love to bag a place and I'll update it later. If you'd rather not allow me to reserve a slot just ignore this ;)

Good luck with all the requests - it is great you're still doing them!

Good on you, mate, and congratulations on finishing your studies top-class - I knew it was coming, but still proud to hear it.

It'd be lovely if you drew a little Brandon Cole sometime.

b9b7095e0b.png

On your thoughts... it is true. I'll likely see what I can do personally, but my output is atrocious. I was never much of a part to begin with, but even a little cog's better than a noticeably absent mechanism. I wouldn't go so far as to say that TCF's Art Community is having a dearth at current, it's moreso the case that it was an immensely talented and prolific group - far beyond that of most forums - and now it's declined as people've left for one reason or another... to being a sub-culture that is objectively at least average but, by comparison, is a significant step-down.

Back
Top Bottom