tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been checking on it to see what is up. Glad to see it is coming back for a TMod upgrade! I will finally be able to play it!
I am not even that familiar with Metroid but all this looks so cool!

Scooterboot, I have to ask.
Will the mod transfer to tModLoader work on previous terraria versions, like, let's say... 1.3.4.4 ?
That's the version I'm currently in :/

Scooterboot, I have to ask.
Will the mod transfer to tModLoader work on previous terraria versions, like, let's say... 1.3.4.4 ?
That's the version I'm currently in :/
That depends on tModLoader itself. Its Terraria version is still 1.3.4.4, but it can be installed over 1.3.5 without issue (at least for me, anyway). And I have no idea if mods are backwards compatible or not.

To be honest, I'm still very new to tModLoader, so I really can't say a whole lot about what works and what doesn't.

Yeah the current set up is kinda weird, Terraria updated, but tMod needed to have compatibility patch to downgrade it so things could still function.
We can only really wait and see for now until everything gets synced up. AFAIK the tMod team are working on it, but it's going to take awhile to get it synced with 1.3.5

And can someone tell me if a upgraded version of tModloader works with a downgraded version of terraria?
'Cause I wanna install 0.9.2.3. but what I have is terraria 1.3.4.4.
I highly recommend asking these questions on the tModLoader thread and/or its Discord channel. You may get better answers.

how much time do you think it will take for this being ready to play (on some beta version) on the current version of tModloader?
I wanted to try again the 1.2.4.1 but I can't find a way to get that old version of terraria working anyway, with Gamelauncher and tApi

how much time do you think it will take for this being ready to play (on some beta version) on the current version of tModloader?
I wanted to try again the 1.2.4.1 but I can't find a way to get that old version of terraria working anyway, with Gamelauncher and tApi
I can't say for sure. Progress is being made rather rapidly so the port should be finished relatively soon, assuming we don't have any setbacks. But everything is tentative right now because there are some changes, bugs, etc to iron out.

As for getting the old tAPI version to work, you may have to do some digging (Google is a start), as I don't think I'd be able to help you with it.

A Metroid-themed mod that includes well-implemented beams and powerups that are faithful to the games they originated in? What sort of treasure have I found? And judging from recent posts on this thread, I may be able to actually try it soon, too? This is great!
-Those beams looked beautiful.
-The Space Jump looks fun--Speed Booster, too.
-Morph Ball and Collectible Missiles?

I'm just ecstatic that this is a thing.

Wow I haven't been on this forum for ages and this is what I come back to?
That's really cool but um no one's forcing you to continue working on this mod if you don't want to, I just don't want you to feel pressured to do so.

Great to see that progress in porting this mod to tModLoader is coming along rapidly, I can't wait to play with this (and hopefully Shinespark through the worlds I play in, especially a friend's server if that ends up being possible) once it's done! Thanks for not giving up on it!

Man, this looks FREAKIN' AWESOME! Though I have never played Metroid before (Samus Returns will be my first one for sure), I absolutely LOVE the series. Can't wait to give this a try on tModLoader when it updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom