tModLoader WorldGen Previewer

Wait, are you not on 0.9.2.3? huh, there shouldn't be menu crashes on 0.9.2.3 anymore, weir.d

Yes I am on 0.9.2.3, but tmodloader doesn't work well under Linux. Or rather, I should say Mono. Mono is buggier and slower than the .Net framework.

(Note to self: if I ever write a game, don't write it in C#)

G'day. I'd like to make a feature suggestion: would it be possible to overlay a marker showing where the drawing of the map was up to? It certainly seems to sweep left to right, in drawing the preview, but it's sometimes hard to tell that progress is being made because the display doesn't change much...

it would be cool if you like can choose in which side will be the dungeon and the biomes
TerraCustom

Everytime I start up terraria and load the game loads the mods, It always crashes at the World Gen Previewer
Anyone know how to fix it

Everytime I start up terraria and load the game loads the mods, It always crashes at the World Gen Previewer
Anyone know how to fix it

You would need to post the error you get (and if it includes a stack trace, what the error is).

One question, though: are you cancelling world generation? I usually get some sort of (apparently non-fatal) error if I do that, then generate a second world, it has some sort of error just prior to doing the world gen. I have not bothered to debug it enough to figure out what is going on there, though.

It's strange, but after updating the mod to its latest version I am no more able to use mouse wheel to zoom in or out. Such an issue didn't appear on 0.9.x versions of the mod. Did anyone else experience the same?

It's strange, but after updating the mod to its latest version I am no more able to use mouse wheel to zoom in or out. Such an issue didn't appear on 0.9.x versions of the mod. Did anyone else experience the same?

No, but on the other hand, the mouse wheel has always been bound to changing the active equipment slot for me. Try going into settings, and binding the zoom commands to wheel movement instead of changing active hotbar slot?

No, but on the other hand, the mouse wheel has always been bound to changing the active equipment slot for me. Try going into settings, and binding the zoom commands to wheel movement instead of changing active hotbar slot?
Thank you for the advice. It'd be very strange if it helped even though I didn't have to rebind anything before for zooming to work. Maybe it's the jump from 0.9.x to 0.10.x of tModLoader that messed up some binds.

Odd, but can't figure out why it happens to some.

It made my PC extremely laggy and when i tried deleting the mod, it didn't get deleted. does anybody else have this problem??? And How do you Fix it???

EDIT:

Nevermind, i just had to reload my mods :p

Last edited:
Oooh how nice. Now it would be nice if this would also save the end result of your preview as an image, since its generating the actual world it would work with mods. Alternatively, how hard would it be for something like this to work in tandium to give a rough idea on how something will be effected during generation when messing with the values, almost like a real time example. Doesn't have to be the exact thing.

Cannot download the mod because antimalware has marked the site as suspicious. It probably isn't your fault. Is there any other means to acquire this mod?

EDIT: This was a false positive. Acquiring the mod after exclusion is fine. Website is fine and not compromised.

Last edited:
great mod but it did this to my new world...
there's two ice biomes, half a desert thats inaccesable, the dungeon swapped places with the temple because it got confused about which ice biome to go to, and after this happened, it crashed, reloaded, the world gen came back up but everything was black and hell was in the middle of the world.
Im not angry, its a really good mod, but thats just something it did to one of my worlds
[doublepost=1536992087,1536991522][/doublepost]
there's two ice biomes, half a desert thats inaccesable, the dungeon swapped places with the temple because it got confused about which ice biome to go to, and after this happened, it crashed, reloaded, the world gen came back up but everything was black and hell was in the middle of the world.
Im not angry, its a really good mod, but thats just something it did to one of my worlds
blah.png

View attachment 209341
Oh, yeah, don't press the cancel button, it doesn't actually work.

View attachment 209341
thx for the thing i love this mod :3

Back
Top Bottom