tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Vuvuzela's a plantera drop I believe. it's sound is... something.
On another subject, had another issue of "had to use cheats to get the tracker's thing to move" in this case, it was because tim didn't spawn pre-hardmode and still refused to spawn even with 2+ hours of gem robe hunting. I still kind of wish it tracked based on boss/event progression and not strictly based on what you've killed. I can see kill-progression for the last contract since that one is pretty common if you are hunting for it, but for Tim and Nymph, they just don't spawn enough in hardmode to really justify halting every other contract until their deaths.

There's 104 days of summer vacation
And school comes along just to end it
So the annual problem for our generation
Is finding a good way to spend it

Like maybe...
Building a rocket
Or fighting a mummy
Or climbing up the Eiffel Tower

Discovering something that doesn't exist (Hey!)
Or giving a monkey a shower

Surfing tidal waves
Creating nanobots
Or locating Frankenstein's brain (It's over here!)

Finding a dodo bird
Painting a continent
Or driving your sister insane (Phineas!)

As you can see
There's a whole lot of stuff to do
Before school starts this fall (Come on Perry)

So stick with us 'cause Phineas and Ferb
Are gonna do it all
So stick with us 'cause Phineas and Ferb are
Gonna do it all!
(Mom! Phineas and Ferb are making a title sequence!!)
Please try to stay on-topic with future posts.

Well I just decided to get back into Thorium, and I find out its been updatef with a new class - Bard - my question is, is it viable in singleplayer? Because if its more of a supporting thing rather than damage, I might as well give up now cause I have no friends to play with :(

Well I just decided to get back into Thorium, and I find out its been updatef with a new class - Bard - my question is, is it viable in singleplayer? Because if its more of a supporting thing rather than damage, I might as well give up now cause I have no friends to play with :(
It's completely playable in singleplayer, just dont bother with subwoofers because they will be completely useless.

So, i may have discovered a bug or thing that needs twaked, the Molten scale, that does burning damage to enemies when tehy hit you, doesnt always do so. I had a bat nearly kill me, by running into me and not taking any burning damage adn tehn i can kill a slime by running into it, without it attacking, is this supposed to happen?

There seems to be a bug with the Devils carapace and celestial shell/moon shell/moon stone. When I put on the Devils carapace it does not give its buff, making it useless, and when using an accessory that has the werewolf effect It does not give the buff either. But when I use them both at the same time, I get both buffs changing between each other randomly.

So something I've been noticing recently in regards to Corpse Bloom is that it seems to not show up unless you have killed Skeletron in that game session. Now this could be just another classic example of RNG enemy spawns screwing with me, but I'm not convinced it is. When I first noticed it the other day I was on a world where I had killed Skeletron a long time ago but I could not find a Corpse Bloom at all. So I went and used a Clothier Voodoo Doll to re-fight Skeletron and then went looking to see if that helped; found a Corpse Bloom literally seconds into the jungle. Again it could just be bad luck on my part.

Edit: It seems it was more just me being impatient and getting bad luck. I doubt there is an issue with it. Maybe on old worlds, but its probably not any sort of glitch.

Last edited:
So something I've been noticing recently in regards to Corpse Bloom is that it seems to not show up unless you have killed Skeletron in that game session. Now this could be just another classic example of RNG enemy spawns screwing with me, but I'm not convinced it is. When I first noticed it the other day I was on a world where I had killed Skeletron a long time ago but I could not find a Corpse Bloom at all. So I went and used a Clothier Voodoo Doll to re-fight Skeletron and then went looking to see if that helped; found a Corpse Bloom literally seconds into the jungle. Again it could just be bad luck on my part.
I fell bad for you

Yesterday everything was fine but the next day while i was loading my mods this pops up (This only happens when i was loading Thorium/Calamity/Tremor) :

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at EnemyMods.NPCs.gNPC.SetDefaults (Terraria.NPC npc) [0x001b4] in <d540d9b6beaa46e5897b822feff31a91>:0
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.SetDefaults (Terraria.NPC npc, System.Boolean createModNPC) [0x0009d] in <41f1e63266174ef887e2364f66de8ccf>:0
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent () [0x00227] in <41f1e63266174ef887e2364f66de8ccf>:0
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load (System.Object threadContext) [0x0010f] in <41f1e63266174ef887e2364f66de8ccf>:0

For some reason the living leaf items drop whenever a living leaf block is interacted with. (grappling and shooting are both confirmed to drop it) This makes it pretty easy to generate an infinite number of them.
On another note, can't wait to see if the terrarium bomber has been changed since I remember that one being super strange if you didn't use rocket I's. (still not as amusing as the long-patched glitch that caused most normal rocket launchers to fire the chef's plates instead of rockets. Kind of wish that could possibly come back as a special early hardmode/pre-plantera launcher)

Last edited:
I fell bad for you

Oh you don't have to feel bad for me. :D

I am fully used to getting screwed by RNG in games. Been playing Terraria alone for 1200+ hours.

Also I don't think it was really a problem I ran into so much as me being impatient. I already updated my post to clarify that.

When I try to load the mod I get this error:

The texture file at Projectiles/Healer/HolyAura.png failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, XnaImageOperation operation)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.FromStream(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream)

I'm using tModLoader 0.10.0.2 and the latest thorium mod from 7/3/17.
This is on a laptop with built in Intel Graphics 3000. Mods that don't add new assets work fine (like crafting expansion mods)
Mod page says it's compatible with TML 10.0.2 so I dont know whats wrong.
I'm having the same problem!

I keep getting the following error:

The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Music/Aqua.mp3 failed to load

Inner Exception:
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.AllocateFormatAndData(Byte[] format, Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(Stream stream)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.FromStream(Stream stream)

Any solutions?

I keep getting the following error:

The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Music/Aqua.mp3 failed to load

Inner Exception:
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.AllocateFormatAndData(Byte[] format, Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(Stream stream)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.FromStream(Stream stream)

Any solutions?

That's usually a sign of a ram issue partly due to Terraria being only 32 bit. Try closing the game, closing anything else running in the background, and restarting Terraria.

I tried to install the Thorium Mod with the v0.10.0.2 Version but I get these Errors
Failed to resolve assembly: 'Terraria, Version=1.3.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
bei Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name, ReaderParameters parameters)
bei Mono.Cecil.DefaultAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name)
bei Mono.Cecil.MetadataResolver.Resolve(TypeReference type)
bei Mono.Cecil.TypeReference.Resolve()
bei Mono.Cecil.Mixin.CheckedResolve(TypeReference self)
bei Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeEnum(TypeReference enum_type)
bei Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElementValue(TypeReference type)
bei Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElement(TypeReference type)
bei Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeFixedArrayArgument(ArrayType type)
bei Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeFixedArgument(TypeReference type)
bei Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeConstructorArguments(CustomAttribute attribute, Collection`1 parameters)
bei Mono.Cecil.MetadataReader.ReadCustomAttributeSignature(CustomAttribute attribute)
bei Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.<Resolve>b__34_0(CustomAttribute attribute, MetadataReader reader)
bei Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Read[TItem,TRet](TItem item, Func`3 read)
bei Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.Resolve()
bei Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.get_ConstructorArguments()
bei Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadCustomAttributes(ICustomAttributeProvider provider)
bei Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadType(TypeDefinition type)
bei Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadTypes(Collection`1 types)
bei Mono.Cecil.ImmediateModuleReader.ReadModule(ModuleDefinition module)
bei Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.WriteModuleTo(ModuleDefinition module, Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
bei Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Write(Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
bei Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.EncapsulateReferences(Byte[] code)
bei Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.LoadAssemblies()
bei Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad)
and cannot enable the mod.
I also tried with the v0.10.0.1 Version of tModloader but it said that you cannot enable the mod because its made for v0.10.0.2 tModloader and has been automatically disabled. Any ideas how to fix this?

This is a really good mod, I love the scripts and sprites! The idea about using Norse Mythology at Terraria is quite subtle. I love the Yew Wood furniture which is dropping from Goblin Army event. Actually, there is one thing missing about the Yew Wood furniture, I can't found any Yew Wood candles... Yeah, I'm here because I want a simple candle. You should add more nice-looking blocks and furniture, they are quite usefull when building something. I hope this mod will devolop more!

Note: Sorry about bad language, I'm not from English and I'm still learning it.

I tried to install the Thorium Mod with the v0.10.0.2 Version but I get these Errors and cannot enable the mod.
I also tried with the v0.10.0.1 Version of tModloader but it said that you cannot enable the mod because its made for v0.10.0.2 tModloader and has been automatically disabled. Any ideas how to fix this?
Edit: Also happens with Crystilium and Spirit Mod

Back
Top Bottom