Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

I'm hoping that there will be a new tmodloader update coming out soon, as my problems with terraria are only getting WORSE... It started out just as "memory" problems, which i know i shouldn't be having as i have 24 gb of memory, and progressed to... points where the game just starts lagging every few seconds... and now... the game just randomly crashes now... with NO error report... nothing telling me WHY it crashed... its just... it runs fine. and then poof... its gone... along with all my progress for around maybe an hour.

Keep in mind that unless you're running it in 64 bit, which currently only Linux users and maybe Mac users can, Terraria can only use 4 gigs of ram. It's a 32 bit program. Having 24 gigs doesn't help.

Keep in mind that unless you're running it in 64 bit, which currently only Linux users and maybe Mac users can, Terraria can only use 4 gigs of ram. It's a 32 bit program. Having 24 gigs doesn't help.
I am running 64 bit. its a problem that only cropped up after thorium updated to tmodloader 0.10.0.1. everything was fine before 0.10 and before thorium updated but since then i've been having a lot of problems. i heard mention on another thread that it was a problem with tmodloader or something like that.

Hey all! Was hoping I could get some help. Whenever I install tmodloader on my mac, Terraria crashes without an error message and before any screen comes up. Ive tried reinstalling Terraria but that hasn't solved anything.
Does anyone know what's wrong?

Hey all! Was hoping I could get some help. Whenever I install tmodloader on my mac, Terraria crashes without an error message and before any screen comes up. Ive tried reinstalling Terraria but that hasn't solved anything.
Does anyone know what's wrong?
It works fine for me... send your logs

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone had access to an index of all player class properties, such as player.meleeDamage and player.lifeRegen.
[doublepost=1500142480,1500142222][/doublepost]
Hello all. I was wondering if anyone had access to an index of all player class properties, such as player.meleeDamage and player.lifeRegen.
Nevermind, I found all of the properties in decompiled player.cs. If anyone has a similar question, here is a file on [link removed by staff]

Last edited by a moderator:
Read the readme. You need to fully uninstall Terraria, then reinstall vanilla, then reinstall tModloader.

Make sure to unblock the tML .zip after it's downloaded (right click -> properties -> bottom)
Also, /OneDrive/ seems like an odd place to write to.
Hey thanks for answering
i dont know onedrive is a folder where some of my games are at like fallout 4 witcher and terraria tmodloader files are there
also i did it and still the same error

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EnemyMods.NPCs.gNPC.SetDefaults(NPC npc) in C:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\EnemyMods\NPCs\gNPC.cs:line 70
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.SetDefaults(NPC npc, Boolean createModNPC)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Is this also a memory issue? This error applies to any larger mod.(Calamity, Tremor, sometimes Thorium, Spirit)

The old bug that gives major lag when equipping modded armor is still happening to me, regardless of the mod they originate from. Equipping vanilla vanity over them makes the lag go away. I read that this was "fixed" over a year ago, but it apparently hasn't been fixed properly.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EnemyMods.NPCs.gNPC.SetDefaults(NPC npc) in C:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\EnemyMods\NPCs\gNPC.cs:line 70
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.SetDefaults(NPC npc, Boolean createModNPC)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Is this also a memory issue? This error applies to any larger mod.(Calamity, Tremor, sometimes Thorium, Spirit)

Probably not. It's much more likely to be a bug with EnemyMods, which you should report to the author of that mod.

Everytime I try and launch Terraria (with tModloader installed), it crashes whenever it loads my mod. The only time when it stops crashing is when I delete every item and projectile apart from the PlayerSword that comes with generating a mod (using Mod Skeleton Generator). What seems to be causing the problem? I added a folder with a random weapon that makes Terraria crash, so it's to see what the problem is.

Attachments

• JoshuaMod.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 139
Read the readme. You need to fully uninstall Terraria, then reinstall vanilla, then reinstall tModloader.

Make sure to unblock the tML .zip after it's downloaded (right click -> properties -> bottom)
Also, /OneDrive/ seems like an odd place to write to.
Hey i deleted terraria tmodloader and all the mods and reinstalled the terraria and tmodloader i put 1 mod in just to see if it will work
and bam it crashed again with same error log
i checked the "unblock" thing u told me to do
any idea what else it could be ?

Hey. I am having some issues with a custom minion and I am very confused. This is the error I am getting:
Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\StuffNThings\Projectiles\Minions\MinionINFO.cs(31,30) : error CS0115: 'StuffNThings.Projectiles.Minions.MinionINFO.TileCollideStyle(ref int, ref int, ref bool)': no suitable method found to override

This is my code:
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;
namespace StuffNThings.Projectiles.Minions
{
public abstract class MinionINFO : Projectile
{
protected float idleAccel = 0.05f;
protected float spacingMult = 1f;
protected float viewDist = 300f; //minion view Distance
protected float chaseDist = 200f; //how far the minion can go
protected float chaseAccel = 6f;
protected float inertia = 40f;
protected float shootCool = 50f; //how fast the minion can shoot
protected float shootSpeed;
protected int shoot;
public virtual void CreateDust()
{
}
public virtual void SelectFrame()
{
}

public override void TileCollideStyle(ref int width, ref int height, ref bool fallThrough)
{
fallThrough == true;
return true;
}
}
}

Whenever i try to launch terraria with tmodloader this error comes up, I used tmoadloader fine a few days ago and this just started happening, any ideas?
20170715202809_1.jpg

Hello so i dont know if something is wrong with the Tmod file that i download from here but whenever i try to play with tTmodLoader in my terraria files it never lets me play, it gets to the mod loading screen and then an error pops up and it closes my game

Hello so i dont know if something is wrong with the Tmod file that i download from here but whenever i try to play with tTmodLoader in my terraria files it never lets me play, it gets to the mod loading screen and then an error pops up and it closes my game
Does it give "out of memory" errors?

Back
Top Bottom