Standalone [1.4.4] Terrasavr, web-based inventory editor

Alas, the only information stored is what item it is (ID), how much there is (quantity), and the prefix.

However, that can be done via plugins, and I've made a plugin for TerraPatcher.
So you would run the program to patch Terraria.exe with plugin support (you probably want to untick everything but "plugin support" and clear the "persistent buff" list), then you would drop the plugin source file,
https://gist.github.com/YellowAfterlife/1edaa4060191823ee366 (click "View Raw" and save-as)
to the Terraria/Plugins (TerrariaPatcher should make that directory)
and then you can make a "ItemConf.ini" (if you don't, a empty one will be made on game start) and add stuff like this to it
Code:
[item426]
name=Breaker Blade Plus
damage=78
usetime=20
scale=1.3
knockback=12
(426 is Breaker Blade' item ID, you can find them on wiki or Terranion)
where do you put the ini fike? i put it in the plugins folder and set the sniper's damage to 99999999999999999. but in-game, it's only doing around 1000.

Does anything change if you use the flash version?

Quite possibly. The catch is that I currently have to make a slightly different version of Terrasavr for each mod of interest because it is not adapted to allow for mod-specific variations in file format and UI.
Also it's a bit of a gamble - for example, I have spent a handful of time making a version of the editor for tAPI but it only has a tiny fraction of popularity of the main version.
But beyond everything else first it's best to wait for N Terraria to update to 1.3 so that I won't have to go through the trouble of figuring out major format changes.

Until then you could make a "courier" character, which you would load with items and then drop them off in some chest for your main character to pick up.
About your itemconfig plugin, can you tell me how to do everything again? i have itemconfig.cs in my plugins folder from Tpatcher, then i put the code that you demonstrated into a file that i created named itemconf.ini. i tried itemconf and itemconfig.ini while renaming it to see if it would work. pls help me.

About your itemconfig plugin, can you tell me how to do everything again? i have itemconfig.cs in my plugins folder from Tpatcher, then i put the code that you demonstrated into a file that i created named itemconf.ini. i tried itemconf and itemconfig.ini while renaming it to see if it would work. pls help me.
Make sure that you enable the "show file name extension" thing in Explorer, or else you might be making text files rather than cs/ini files. It's set like this on Windows 10:
upload_2017-7-11_16-32-31.png

IIRC it's in "Options" menu on older versions.

I'd seriously suggest looking around to see if anyone made any better mod of this kind though - it've been, like, 2 years. That's enough time for anyone remotely competent in C# programming language (we're talking Computer Science student level here) to do something better - mine was made in one evening, hence why it's that unintuitive.

Make sure that you enable the "show file name extension" thing in Explorer, or else you might be making text files rather than cs/ini files. It's set like this on Windows 10:
View attachment 175843
IIRC it's in "Options" menu on older versions.

I'd seriously suggest looking around to see if anyone made any better mod of this kind though - it've been, like, 2 years. That's enough time for anyone remotely competent in C# programming language (we're talking Computer Science student level here) to do something better - mine was made in one evening, hence why it's that unintuitive.

well. but im only 1 step away. hopefully. which code into the ini file? the code from the website or the code you said? what is the code on the web for?

well. but im only 1 step away. hopefully. which code into the ini file? the code from the website or the code you said? what is the code on the web for?
The stuff from gist.github goes into an "ItemConf.cs" file.
The stuff from the post (Item426 and all) goes into a "ItemConf.ini" file.
Both go into the "plugins" directory inside the game directory when TerraPatcher is installed.
I'd suggest to set "scale" on the weapon of interest to something big (like 4) so that you can clearly see that the plugin was loaded after all.

The stuff from gist.github goes into an "ItemConf.cs" file.
The stuff from the post (Item426 and all) goes into a "ItemConf.ini" file.
Both go into the "plugins" directory inside the game directory when TerraPatcher is installed.
I'd suggest to set "scale" on the weapon of interest to something big (like 4) so that you can clearly see that the plugin was loaded after all.
So here is my result. its better to show you.
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (2).png

So here is my result. its better to show you.
View attachment 175845 View attachment 175846
Ah, that would mean that the plugin no longer works because something was changed about how Terraria handles things on it's side (items don't have name attributes now..?). Not sure what's up with Events.cs though, it's not used by the plugin.

Personally I cannot offer looking into this at the moment though - am a bit too buried in work.
Maybe someone on Discord would be able to help - I recall that there was a modding-related channel.

How long do you plan to keep this updated? Inventory editor
I intend to keep updating Terrasavr for as long as time permits and it is viable to do so.

Aside of 1.3.0 (which made major changes to save file format) and the recent update (which broke the method that I was originally using to get item names/stats), nowadays updates don't change all too much aside of adding new content, so I'm generally able to update Terrasavr during the nearest weekend following the update. Hopefully that tendency will continue.

I intend to keep updating Terrasavr for as long as time permits and it is viable to do so.

Aside of 1.3.0 (which made major changes to save file format) and the recent update (which broke the method that I was originally using to get item names/stats), nowadays updates don't change all too much aside of adding new content, so I'm generally able to update Terrasavr during the nearest weekend following the update. Hopefully that tendency will continue.
btw i got the itemConf.ini to work, for 1, the name is ItemConfig.ini and the ini goes in the directory of terraria; not terraria/plugins. that's why it crashed. also, the plugin itself comes from terraria patcher. no need to get to the website.

1.3.1 using 5th cloth style with male doesnt work. it saves as a female

I am getting this bug as well, but I would like to add that (for me at least) style 5 doesn't work at all; it becomes style 1 when I save the player file and use the character in the game. Clicking "male" again after clicking the 5 seems to fix the issue of becoming female after saving, but it still becomes style 1. I have tested this on multiple characters of both genders and it's the same every time. Made sure it was set to version 1.3.5, and even tried deleting my player.bak files before saving the edited files. Always the same result, even when I tried it on a newly-generated character.

Nothing else is damaged in any way from simply trying to select clothing style 5, as far as I can tell. I also hadn't modified anything except for that and the color values.

Alas, the only information stored is what item it is (ID), how much there is (quantity), and the prefix.

However, that can be done via plugins, and I've made a plugin for TerraPatcher.
So you would run the program to patch Terraria.exe with plugin support (you probably want to untick everything but "plugin support" and clear the "persistent buff" list), then you would drop the plugin source file,
https://gist.github.com/YellowAfterlife/1edaa4060191823ee366 (click "View Raw" and save-as)
to the Terraria/Plugins (TerrariaPatcher should make that directory)
and then you can make a "ItemConf.ini" (if you don't, a empty one will be made on game start) and add stuff like this to it
Code:
[item426]
name=Breaker Blade Plus
damage=78
usetime=20
scale=1.3
knockback=12
(426 is Breaker Blade' item ID, you can find them on wiki or Terranion)

I've wrote about a problem before, but this one i tried to fix 20 times. what is wrong here?

Crashlog.YellowAfterLifePlugins.Terraria.png
Info.YellowAfterLifePlugins.Terraria.png

Does this have mod support for the tModLoader program? I have items from Calamity and Thorium in my main character's inventory and I'm afraid of using Terrasavr in case it doesn't realize I have modded items.

Still working.

Just few bugs with the Buff's that disappear when you die. That's the only sad thing on it.
All other stuff works well.
Could you maybe fix that the buffs hold on even after you died?
Or is there another Editor for that somewhere?
Or is it fixed that you cant buff yourself with Editors every buff for ever?

Back
Top Bottom