Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

Heya, Im a long time lover of t-edit but havent been on recently.. So much so, I never play my maps, I just make make make haha! I have just updated to the newest version and now when im 100% zoomed in the sprites and textures arent showing like they used to, everything is just color coded blocks.. It was super handy to be able to get an object preview, especially if it was a newly released item but now i have to spam them all in to a map and then load it to see what they look like. Having to hover over a tile to remember specifically what furniture tile it is makes decorating your house really hard! Ive reverted to putting all the items in a chest and then placing them in game.

Also used to use the overlapping sprites to put a plant in to a loot pot etc for some cool effects but Im guessing thats impossible now :)

Was this changed because of this "glitch"?

Have tried reverting back to the version i had before i updated (3.4/3.6 maybe?) thinking I could just go back to using that but now none of my worlds will open in anything older than the most current version, even though they were created a year or two ago :(

Thanks for any info!

Bleh, i thought this was a purposeful dev change and it didnt even occur to me that it was part of 751 because it was loading the color blocks, not just an empty screen and I had no pop up error messages. But after two days of trying everything and accidentally finding the "show textures" option i figured it must be a tech issue. Tried switching to the integrated driver on the offchance and problem solved.

Was really scratching my head as to why you would remove the textures hahahaha!

I downloaded the last BETA version and every time I save a world, I edited, the world file gets unloadable (world name In-Game red, asking me if I want to load the backup)

There is a quite old bug by now, that after some time the filling tool does not work anymore and only changes one block, just as if there was a selection still active in the world.

I downloaded the last BETA version and every time I save a world, I edited, the world file gets unloadable (world name In-Game red, asking me if I want to load the backup)
remember if youre using TEdit to play modloader since theres no new update for 1.3.5 in modloader only vainilla, its logical that your worlds dosent load in modloader but if youre playing in vainilla, well I dont know.

I seem to be unable to load the tedit, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

---------------------------
Unhandled Exception
An unhandled exception has occured. Please copy the log from:

C:\Users\Cleon\Documents\My Games\Terraria\TEditLog.txt

to the GitHub Issues list.

The program will now exit.
OK

I am having this problem too. I am on version 1.3.5.3

I have a problem I'd like to get addressed. I'm using TEdit with a modded world and I know that TEdit doesn't register modded items, sprites, and blocks, but, despite that, I'm having trouble saving. TEdit should save even with modded worlds, right? When I save my doings and log on to my world, nothing has changed. The same happens even if I save a new world over the old one using "save as". Is there ant way to fix this? I'm trying to cleanse the Hallow and Crimson, but I can't save, so the two biomes are still there.

I have a problem I'd like to get addressed. I'm using TEdit with a modded world and I know that TEdit doesn't register modded items, sprites, and blocks, but, despite that, I'm having trouble saving. TEdit should save even with modded worlds, right? When I save my doings and log on to my world, nothing has changed. The same happens even if I save a new world over the old one using "save as". Is there ant way to fix this? I'm trying to cleanse the Hallow and Crimson, but I can't save, so the two biomes are still there.

ok so lets take a momment in this so
1-you cant save modded worlds because example you make a modded thorium world so you must see the big circle on the ocean past the jungle, as you know these are the aquatic depths, if you save that modded world the depths are gone for good.

2-If youre using tedit latest version wich is for 1.3.5 for vainilla terraria obviously, if you try to save that world the file is going to be read as a 1.3.5 for vainilla terraria so in other words that world is worthless in modloader.

3-you must deactivate the "auto save" option because even if youre exploring/editing your world as long as that features is enabled each 10-5 seconds tedit is going to save that world as a 1.3.5 world...... so youre screwed.

Last edited:
Hey, I am having major issues with this because when i load in the world in T-EDIT (I have followed installation steps correctly) the world only pops up at the top right and not the main screen, the main screen just remains black. I am using 1.3.5 but i have tested in previous versions to prove it is not working, please let me know of a fix A.S.A.P

Hey, I am having major issues with this because when i load in the world in T-EDIT (I have followed installation steps correctly) the world only pops up at the top right and not the main screen, the main screen just remains black. I am using 1.3.5 but i have tested in previous versions to prove it is not working, please let
Hey, I am having major issues with this because when i load in the world in T-EDIT (I have followed installation steps correctly) the world only pops up at the top right and not the main screen, the main screen just remains black. I am using 1.3.5 but i have tested in previous versions to prove it is not working, please let me know of a fix A.S.A.P
Friceken hell, i made a account for answers and still, you don't reply

Hey, will this mod be updated to 1.3.6 when it is released? This mod will be great to import some of the new backgrounds into Terraria!

So, I've read conflicting info... Can you edit tmodloader worlds with this or not? I can load up my world and edit everything, but when I save it, nothing changes.

So, I've read conflicting info... Can you edit tmodloader worlds with this or not? I can load up my world and edit everything, but when I save it, nothing changes.

Yes, but... Specifically: you can edit the Vanilla world only. Any mod content (eg: mod blocks, walls, etc) will "override" anything in the vanilla world.

So, you can make some changes (eg: build a sky bridge with non-mod materials), but you need to be careful about editing around places where you have mod biomes, decorations, etc.

So, it works in the sense that it doesn't fail, but it also doesn't specifically support any sort of mod content.

That being said, do you have any idea why the worlds aren't saving? All I'm trying to do change some of my corruption to dirt, etc. I've made the changes in TEdit using the morph tool, but when I save it and replace the file in the Worlds folder and reload the server, it reverts back to how it was before. I've tried completely removing the associated world files (.wld, .twld, and .bak) and putting the edited world file in the world folder, but nothing.

That being said, do you have any idea why the worlds aren't saving? All I'm trying to do change some of my corruption to dirt, etc. I've made the changes in TEdit using the morph tool, but when I save it and replace the file in the Worlds folder and reload the server, it reverts back to how it was before. I've tried completely removing the associated world files (.wld, .twld, and .bak) and putting the edited world file in the world folder, but nothing.

When you say you "reload" the server... it sounds like you keep it running while editing the file? Normal Terraria behaviour is to save the world when you exit, and I'd kind of expect that the server would behave that way too....

Try exiting the server so it is not running, editing the world, then start the server again, and see if that works how you expect.

Sorry I wasn't clear - I do close the server before editing it. Then I clear out the world folder, then I add the edited world, start the server again and it's back to what it was before.

Sorry I wasn't clear - I do close the server before editing it. Then I clear out the world folder, then I add the edited world, start the server again and it's back to what it was before.

Then I got nothing. Can you test the modified world in normal, single player Terraria? That'll eliminate the server complexity, at least.

Uh, and I know it sounds like "is it switched on", but ... you *are* hitting the "save" button in tedit before exiting, right? Because I don't think it prompts to save changes if you just exit.

Hey, is there any way to rotate / flip something you copied?
I'm trying to copy one part of a bridge and paste it on the opposite side.

Hey, is there any way to rotate / flip something you copied?
I'm trying to copy one part of a bridge and paste it on the opposite side.
Yes, there is. Just select, copy and on the clipboard hit "flip X" under the copied blue print then paste it. Keep in mine that any sprites will not be flipped. So things like dart traps will still be facing the same way.

Yes, there is. Just select, copy and on the clipboard hit "flip X" under the copied blue print then paste it. Keep in mine that any sprites will not be flipped. So things like dart traps will still be facing the same way.
Thanks.
I already built the bulk by hand, but still, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom