Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

Hmm... I can't seem to place a Slime Staff on a weapon rack using TEdit. The staff just doesn't show up on the menu with all of the other weapons and tools.

UPDATE: The same thing is happening with Raven Staff.

I don't have the specifics, but if I copy an ~ 850 block wide and 5 block high section of the world, then escape to clear the selection, then paste, the display of the paste is all messed up. I was using this on a farming area, with regular marker gemspark blocks every five blocks horizontally, and it was displaying two, three, etc, spaces between them.

It also seemed like the blocks in the paste preview were doubled in size. However, when pasted it did the right thing, so I think it's just a display bug for super-big pastes?

Is there any way to lay water behind existing blocks? I NEED this for a twitch playthrough and a layering system like photoshop could solve this. Lmk if there is any way though!

I'm a bit curious, I've been fiddling around with the tools for a while and I can't seem to figure this out: Can you use the Fill tool to fill all empty space within a selection with water? The idea is that I want all air within an almost world-sized selection filled, but the fill tool seems to only be able to fill adjacent tiles of air rather than all air within my selection. Is there a setting for this I've overlooked perhaps?

I essentially want to make a submerged world, and I'd rather not have to fill every single cave individually with water.

I'm a bit curious, I've been fiddling around with the tools for a while and I can't seem to figure this out: Can you use the Fill tool to fill all empty space within a selection with water? The idea is that I want all air within an almost world-sized selection filled, but the fill tool seems to only be able to fill adjacent tiles of air rather than all air within my selection. Is there a setting for this I've overlooked perhaps?

I essentially want to make a submerged world, and I'd rather not have to fill every single cave individually with water.
you just have to select the world and paint the water in. Make sure to put bubble blocks over hell and also there is another problem. Breaking a single block will drop your fps to about 1 unless there is a solution to my problem above. All the water flows and causes intense lag, even on a beastly machine.

you just have to select the world and paint the water in. Make sure to put bubble blocks over hell and also there is another problem. Breaking a single block will drop your fps to about 1 unless there is a solution to my problem above. All the water flows and causes intense lag, even on a beastly machine.
Ayy thanks a lot for the help! Haha I'm used to how bucket tools work in paint programs, didn't consider that the feature could've been implemented like this instead.

I dunno, I've done similar runs in the past, best way to go about it is to add at least 2 or 3 waterlocks across the world. Could take the form of mountains or whatever, so long as you reduce the burden of re-calculating every single watertile on the surface with each block destruction. Just 1 or 2 locks is enough to help with that.

Ayy thanks a lot for the help! Haha I'm used to how bucket tools work in paint programs, didn't consider that the feature could've been implemented like this instead.

I dunno, I've done similar runs in the past, best way to go about it is to add at least 2 or 3 waterlocks across the world. Could take the form of mountains or whatever, so long as you reduce the burden of re-calculating every single watertile on the surface with each block destruction. Just 1 or 2 locks is enough to help with that.
I don't understand what you mean by whaterlocks but they sound useful

I don't understand what you mean by whaterlocks but they sound useful
What I mean is, make walls. Walls, towers, mountains, anything to split the one giant watermass on the surface up into at least 2 or 3 smaller ones.

Anyways we shouldn't derail the topic of this thread any further. Thanks again for the help!

That shouldn't last long; if water physics calculations get too far behind Terraria will simply perform a "reset" by doing the same settling you see at the very start of loading, and getting it all done in one big, but relatively cheap, burst with nothing drawn.
[doublepost=1501168833,1501168747][/doublepost]

Why don't you just paint water into every single block, even the solid ones? That means when you dig the block up it will contain water filling the space, so you don't have the water level gradually drop either.

(Though remember: only one liquid per block, so you will overwrite lava or honey with this.)

That shouldn't last long; if water physics calculations get too far behind Terraria will simply perform a "reset" by doing the same settling you see at the very start of loading, and getting it all done in one big, but relatively cheap, burst with nothing drawn.
[doublepost=1501168833,1501168747][/doublepost]

Why don't you just paint water into every single block, even the solid ones? That means when you dig the block up it will contain water filling the space, so you don't have the water level gradually drop either.

(Though remember: only one liquid per block, so you will overwrite lava or honey with this.)
I don't think painting works like that with water

Can confirm, it doesn't. Placing solids overwrites the liquid behind it in TEdit, and you can't place liquid on solid blocks.

o_O uh.... I'm not sure which version of TEdit you are using, but it is certainly possible to do this. The easiest way to see what the outcome is like would be this:
  1. Load some random world in the game.
  2. Find a pond that is a few blocks deep.
  3. Place some blocks right there in the water.
  4. Save and exit.
  5. Load the world in TEdit.
  6. Go look at your blocks, which will be something like "sandstone brick" with "water" set.
To add water (or any liquid) behind solid blocks in TEdit, simple:
  1. Load the world in TEdit.
  2. Select the pencil or brush tool.
  3. Change the paint type to "liquids".
  4. Select "water" in the liquid type selector. (Which offers that, honey, lava, and none.)
  5. Find a solid block.
  6. Click on it to paint the water into the block.
At that point you have created the equivalent of the above: a solid block that also contains water. It will behave exactly like a solid for all intents and purposes, but, if you mine it the water will still be there, and suddenly it is a tile filled with water. Sploosh.

(Also, I'm pretty sure last time I checked the solid blocks didn't erase the liquid behind them, but I'm not certain. Copy/Paste of blocks will, by default, copy the liquid from the original area, which means that it will effectively "erase" water if the original was dry. Turn that off in the clipboard section, and you can retain the water as you paste over it.)

Back
Top Bottom