tModLoader The Thorium Mod

for the bard it would be nice to have more uses for tattered cloth, other than the battle standard.
EDIT: also what bard weapons class as "brass" and "wind" individually

Last edited:
Found a typo in the ornate jerkin's description: "increases duration...*cuts out the rest of the description*...by 2 second"
Also spark taser + life leech vial, while less powerful than I remember it being, is still super good for where it's obtained. I'd suggest either nerfing the power/fire rate on the spark knives, or change the interaction between the two so that only the "knives" can produce a heal while the beams they shoot can't give any potential healing.

Also holding out on opal hook/blocks (dunno what color, maybe a pale pink?)

Last edited:
I would also like to report a bug as the Gateway glass doesn't teleport you to your gateway, when you left click it teleports you to your exact location.

It seems as if the Wind Chimes cost 1 inspiration per projectile (so 5 per volley), which is fine, but then it can still be used when your inspiration pool is at like 1 or 0 and it'll still fire all five projectiles.

Using version 1.4.0.4

Since the newest update, I seem to be having this crash happen often. I at first thought it was only due to cheat sheet, but even with everything else disabled, I still get it. Any ideas? Is there ANY WAY I can download 1.4.0.3 and go back to it?

Attachments

• terraria crash.png
    terraria crash.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 223
On what do you plant sakura seeds?
EDIT: So I found out you plant them on yew wood... kind of strange. Might want to add that to the tooltip.

Wait what? It let me plant the Sakura Seeds on grass. What did yours grow into? Mine just turned into a normal tree. Not sure if that was because I used Fertilizer on it though as I only tried once.

I was also only able to plant mine on Yew wood not on grass which seems odd. It grew into a tree with pink leaves and I got Dynasty wood when I chopped it down.

So, I've been ADORING the Bard class, in fact I wish it was a vanilla class so more mods supported it. I'd love an accessory that allowed your Music Notes to auto-refresh if you have the inspiration no matter what you're doing. (Namely for fishing.)

Also holding out on opal hook/blocks (dunno what color, maybe a pale pink?)

searching for "opal wallpaper" brings a bunch of images of flat segments of opal. I'd honestly hope for some shader magic that made opal walls something like real opal in look. too gaudy for a whole room, but definitely awesome for decorative highlights! (an opal set that was less flashy but more usable would be cool, too, but ... it'd be great to get that decorative thing going.)

okay got another glitch. Using the gateway glass without some way to protect against fall damage will give you fall damage relative to the vertical distance of your waypoint. (which given what it's used for, is generally enough to instantly kill you)

I was also only able to plant mine on Yew wood not on grass which seems odd. It grew into a tree with pink leaves and I got Dynasty wood when I chopped it down.

Yeah since last I posted that I have tested and it only plants on Yew-wood. It was either a fluke or a bug that I was able to plant on grass.

That being said, I notice you can just plant normal acorns on Yew-wood and it works. You get a Sakura tree that gives dynasty wood when chopped. So I was thinking maybe instead of selling Sakura Saplings the Druid could sell a new type of grass seed or dirt. I realize that the reason Sakura has to be planted on Yew-wood is because of tree growth mechanics (i.e.: acorn on snow = boreal tree; acorn on sand = palm tree). So a new grass or soil would make a lot of sense as a solution. Not to mention it would make a lot more sense as something for planting in than a type of wood. The new material could be called like foreign soil or something.

Just my two cents though. :)

I wonder how I played this game at all before the Gateway Glass. It's beautiful.

(Should disconnect hooks on teleport, though.)

Just want to start by saying I love this mod with all my heart. Every single piece feels nearabout like it belongs in the base game. I've set to see anything that feels like it's overpowered or underpowered critically and all the additions and sidegrades feel like they fit perfectly into progression. It's been a fun time building a necromancer.
I do want to ask, though; are Blood Zombie summons supposed to be braindead (ha ha very funny) as soon as they go underground? They refuse to fly to me at some points when they're obviously stuck on a wall or trying to fit through an opening they should but can't fit through. They feel as useful as a wet noodle against the Undercorruption. It's a bit frustrating mainly because I warped home from killing WoF right into a Blood Moon and got these babies by the end of the night. My necromancer is crying...

Question: I can't work out if the beholder staff is better than the draconic magma staff for summoner DPS. My efforts to test this have been ... less conclusive than I would like, because of difficulties getting a reproducible test-case for minions to damage, given piercing and so forth.

The items themselves are 26 damage per dragon minion, and 38 damage per beholder, but beholders take two slots, so at that level it's clear that 2 x dragon is better than 1 x beholder if (a) I don't care about the extra feature of the beholder, and (b) they both attacked at one attack per second.

I'm not sure they do, though. The wiki is sadly silent for both vanilla and thorium about what the attack speed of minions is. Is it tied to the use speed of the item, or separate? If separate, what are the attack speeds for the Thorium minions?

I liked the magma dragons a bit more myself, if anything I'd say have one beholder and the rest be dragons if you want that special effect, if not just go all dragons. Also if you don't have the honey blade and ESPECIALLY the hail bomber, I'd advise getting both; as both are super good. As for attack speed, I noticed that the attacking speeds were kind of inconsistent? like they fire normally then they get a huge burst of fire sometimes? it's strange and I don't fully understand why.

Hmm, is it possible the dragons work like the vanilla imp summon? In that they have a certain amount of attacks and then need to charge up for a bit? Sometimes those attack very quickly and then have long pauses, while other times they spread attacks out properly. I haven't really used many of the summons in thorium yet so I haven't been able to observe their behaviors.

I probably should play a fresh one seeing as it is my favorite class. I just haven't yet due to finishing my list of other gimmick playthroughs

Last edited:
Help! Thorium mod isn't working.
Everytime I reload the mod there's this message:
The mp3 sound file at sounds/music/aqua mp3 failed to load at Terraria.ModLoader.Mo.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Lead(Object threadcontext) is this a memory problem or something?

thanks to spotify i now know that the song of ice & fire is a reference to game of thrones. before i was going to ask that it should,ve been changes to the frigid-flare piccolo.
its still an awesome weapon anyways. :D

I'm having a lot of problems with the Depth Chest. I tried opening it, but it wouldn't. I mined it and it gave me the chest with nothing in it. I quit and went back in and went to the map. I put my cursor on another depth chest and the game crashed saying there is a problem with the depth chest.

Back
Top Bottom