tModLoader Durability

v2.3.2
  • Updated for TML 0.10
  • Offloaded utility/helper code to Hamstar's Helpers mod (now a dependency)
  • Numerous fixes and tweaks

Attachments

• Durability v2.3.2.zip
    52.8 KB · Views: 209
By popular demand:

v2.4.0
  • Refactored config file to preserve modified data between versions.
  • Lowered default durability of all items to ~3/4 of its v2.3.0 amount.
  • Set items to only be disabled; not destroyed.

Attachments

• Durability v2.4.0.zip
    56.9 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Is it possible to include an option (or just make it default) for completely new/undamaged items to not show any green meter under them? We're far more accustomed to not see a durability meter in many games until an item is first used -- not to mention this would clean up shop UI's with green meters under every item, make it far easier to tell if a weapon has ever been used, which items need repairing at a glance etc.

That said, I haven't used this mod in a long time and it's come a LONG way -- same can be said for much of your work in fact. The easy yet in-depth customization also takes your mods to the next level. Imo it's the subtle gameplay mods like these that make playing Terraria infinitely more interesting. Kudos, my friend!

Smithing hammers are for armor only. You use them at an anvil. Reforge is for everything else.

You may need to deequip your armor, first.

Smithing hammers are for armor only. You use them at an anvil. Reforge is for everything else.

You may need to deequip your armor, first.
I just uninstalled a bunch of mods and its working again (yeah it only works when de-equiped). If I find out a specific incompatibility I'll let you know -- could've been a fluke.

I found a bug, whenever I use the smart-place-in-chest function (the build in, button below the ammo slots), the durability of all the items in my inventory are fixed, those equipped remains broken/lowered durability.

I found a bug, whenever I use the smart-place-in-chest function (the build in, button below the ammo slots), the durability of all the items in my inventory are fixed, those equipped remains broken/lowered durability.
I'm not able to replicate this as I cannot find this function (unless you mean 'Quick stack to nearby chests', which appears to work fine). Is this a function from another mod? You might want to contact that mod's authors about this, since I don't think I could really do anything about this myself...

Ok, I will have look at my list of mods. What should I say to the other mod author? What function in your mod fixes items? Actually I think I am also having a problem with the Capitalism mod, we have NOT noticed a price hike in our world. I will adjust the numbers to make it more obvious for testing. Could also be another mod interaction problem.

Mod Request: Your mod idea of reducing Boss Loot Drops is super necessary to compliment your economy mod, I have found that loot drops from bosses are fairly valuable and even if you reduce the gold drop from bosses to ZERO, you still get too much money. This is effect is worsen if you have any mods that reduce grinding or greatly increase ore drops from bosses.

I don't know what the best solution for this is, but your idea of a single loot drop from bosses and probably decrease ore drop from bosses will go a long way to fixing it.

Ok, I will have look at my list of mods. What should I say to the other mod author?
It might be Helpful Hotkeys causing this, and I've already informed the author. He's not sure what's going on, so I might have to look into this eventually...

What function in your mod fixes items? Actually I think I am also having a problem with the Capitalism mod, we have NOT noticed a price hike in our world. I will adjust the numbers to make it more obvious for testing. Could also be another mod interaction problem.

Mod Request: Your mod idea of reducing Boss Loot Drops is super necessary to compliment your economy mod, I have found that loot drops from bosses are fairly valuable and even if you reduce the gold drop from bosses to ZERO, you still get too much money. This is effect is worsen if you have any mods that reduce grinding or greatly increase ore drops from bosses.

I don't know what the best solution for this is, but your idea of a single loot drop from bosses and probably decrease ore drop from bosses will go a long way to fixing it.
I've been having trouble with Capitalism mod for a while now. I'll have to take another look at it soon, especially for multiplayer.

I'll add the boss loot caps to Losing Is Fun eventually, since this does seem to be a useful addition.

I have THE best idea for a mod, the most simple ideas are often the BEST, just like most of your mods.

Idea:
To stop people grinding the bosses, which happens on my server, there are just people with too much time on their hands. Can we have a boss cooldown timer, so eye of cthulthu can only be summoned once a week or some adjustable value. (of course mod bosses need to be supported.) Maybe a hardcore mode where bosses can only be summon a limited time in a whole game, and a setting that makes it you can only summon ONE (or other number) boss per day. Or bosses don't drop loot if they do spawn would be another way.

This idea was given to me by one of my buddies that told me that is how MMOs stop people from farming a single boss over and over again.

As noted above, quick stack to nearby chests with low durability items in your inventory (not hotbar) fixes them to 100% durability. This has happened to all items I have tried this method with, and only occurs in multiplayer.

Here is a video demonstration I created:

v2.5.0.1
  • Added mod icon
  • Added support for Hamstar Helpers v1.2.0 issue report
  • Refactored net protocol
  • Minor internal refactoring
  • Added API

Attachments

• Durability v2.5.0.1.zip
    63.7 KB · Views: 213
I'm honestly a little offput on the idea of trying to fix this right now. I might just remake it completely for adventure mode, later. There's a few things I want to add/change, anyway.

v2.5.2
  • Updating for Mod Helpers v2.0.2
  • Restructured player code
  • Assorted updates
  • NOTE: Repairs MAY still be non-functional. I haven't checked.

Attachments

• Durability v2.5.2.zip
    43.5 KB · Views: 195
ik its been a while and u probably wont see this but, dose this mod work with other mods like calamity tools and weapons and armors ???

Back
Top Bottom