tModLoader VapeMods by FractalXX

fractalxx

Terrarian
868SEc9.png

Introduction
Welcome.

This thread's purpose will be to contain some of my mods, including the ones currently under development (which is why I started it in this section).
These mods are meant to be smaller by only adding some minor functions to the game, piece by piece.
An exception is VapeRPG (an RPG mod I'm currently making) which is a compilation of some of the mods found here, albeit highly modified for the mods' preference.
The minor mods are being made to be compatible with eachother (and hopefully, most other mods), while the RPG mod is a standalone pack, don't use them in combination.

Mod List
Vape Loot
Current version: v1.0

This mod adds qualities to items (in a World of Warcraft style). Keep in mind, that only accessories and armor can be qualified better than common (yet).
Qualities:

• Common: The default quality for any item.
  • Uncommon: Provides minor bonuses to the player's stats. Min stats: 1, Max stats: 3, chance: 15%
  • Rare: Provides better bonuses than Uncommon. Min stats: 2, Max Stats: 4, chance: 10%
  • Epic: Provides the best bonuses for ordinary qualities. Min stats: 3, Max Stats: 5, chance: 5%
  • Unique: Only some boss dropped items get this quality, stat bonuses are well paired here (no melee-magic combo, etc.).
Unique quality items are dropped from almost any boss. For now, these are only armor set pieces and can't be obtained any other way.
Bosses always drop one pieces of a set matching their tier. (for example, the Eye of Cthulhu drops Gold Armor pieces, all unique)

Reforging doesn't reroll the quality of the item. Once an item gets qualified, it cannot be changed.

Download

v1.1.0.2:
- Removed Dummy sword.

v1.1.0.1 HOTFIX:
- Fixed Max Minions and the regen stats not registering correctly.

v1.1:
- Added new stats for summoner and thrower.
- Added life regen/mana regen.
- Nerfed stat bonuses.
- Fixed tooltips not showing correctly when reentering the world.

v1.0.2:
- Items no longer get the same stats all over again when crafting.

v1.0.1:
- Fixed incompatibility with Fargo's Mutant Mod.

Vape Helper
Current version: v1.0

Vape Helper is a compact UI mod, intended to provide data on the player's stats along with other stuff.

Current features:
- A stat panel which provides info on your basic stats like melee/magic damage, etc. The default hotkey for it is 'I'.
- When a wing is equipped, a flight time indicator shows up to make it easier to track how far you can fly with your current wings.
- Weapon's now show an "Estimated Base DPS" in their tooltip. Keep in mind that it's calculated without any bonuses/ammo in mind.
- Both the window and the flight indicator can be dragged wherever you want.

Download

v1.1.2:
- Removed Dummy sword.

v1.1.1:
- Not having set the hotkey for the panel no longer crashes the game.

v1.1:
- Redesigned the whole UI.
- Minor UI fixes.

v1.0:
- First release.

Under development
Vape RPG
Current version: v0.3.2.2 Alpha

More information in its own thread.

Vape Arsenal (Aeons of Terraria remake)
Currently on hold

This will be my old Aeons of Terraria's remake for the new tModLoader versions. The reason I'll start a whole new mod is that its code is horrible and messy.
Any mods that can be downloaded here are all on the mod browser as well!
Thanks for stopping by and reading. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
I'm trying out this mod right now (VapeRPG), and I have to say that it's really well made! But when I made a new character, I started off with 100 Chaos Points. Is this supposed to happen?

I'm trying out this mod right now (VapeRPG), and I have to say that it's really well made! But when I made a new character, I started off with 100 Chaos Points. Is this supposed to happen?

Oh, I always forget about little things like that. It was for testing purposes, I removed it in the current update.
Thanks!

I really want to use Vape Loot, but when I enable it and reload my mods, there's an error message and it automatically disables Fargo's Mutant Mod. Incompatibility?

I really want to use Vape Loot, but when I enable it and reload my mods, there's an error message and it automatically disables Fargo's Mutant Mod. Incompatibility?

Strange, I'll have to look into that. Not sure what causes the incompatibility, though.

Edit: Fixed the incompatibility, new version is up.

Last edited:
I also noticed that you can't upgrade your "Block Chance" with Chaos points because there is no "+" button for it. Is this a bug?

I also noticed that you can't upgrade your "Block Chance" with Chaos points because there is no "+" button for it. Is this a bug?

That's intended. Your block chance depends on the shield you equip. It would be too overpowered if you'd be able to put points on it. Also, points spent on dodge chance gain only a minor bonus, too.

Currently these items give block chance:

Shield of Cthulhu: 15%
Obsidian Shield: 8%
Cobalt Shield: 6%
Ankh Shield: 12% (might be nerfed)

That's intended. Your block chance depends on the shield you equip. It would be too overpowered if you'd be able to put points on it. Also, points spent on dodge chance gain only a minor bonus, too.
Oh ok I see. Also I feel like you should lower the EXP Gain and Chaos EXP Gain cause I leveled up 3 Chaos LVLS with one Chaos enemy kill. And the "Dummy" sword is still in the game (Don't know if intentional or not).

Oh ok I see. Also I feel like you should lower the EXP Gain and Chaos EXP Gain cause I leveled up 3 Chaos LVLS with one Chaos enemy kill. And the "Dummy" sword is still in the game (Don't know if intentional or not).

Yeah, I know the XP/Chaos XP gain is a little bit too much at the moment. The formula I used for them are really complex so it'll take time to fine tune them.
For the Chaos XP, you only rank up multiple ranks at the first kill. That's because the XP needed for the first ranks are really low. Will change this though.

Yeah, I know the XP/Chaos XP gain is a little bit too much at the moment. The formula I used for them are really complex so it'll take time to fine tune them.
For the Chaos XP, you only rank up multiple ranks at the first kill. That's because the XP needed for the first ranks are really low. Will change this though.
Ok, thank you.

Sir, theres a huge problem with your mod. it doesnt work with content mods like calamity, thorium and spiritmod. heres the log:
Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei VapeRPG.VapeGlobalNpc.SetDefaults(NPC npc) in c:\Users\N3r0\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\VapeRPG\VapeGlobalNpc.cs:Zeile 100.
bei Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.SetDefaults(NPC npc, Boolean createModNPC)
bei Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
bei Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-5_1-8-28.png
    upload_2017-8-5_1-8-28.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 579
Sir, theres a huge problem with your mod. it doesnt work with content mods like calamity, thorium and spiritmod. heres the log:
Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei VapeRPG.VapeGlobalNpc.SetDefaults(NPC npc) in c:\Users\N3r0\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\VapeRPG\VapeGlobalNpc.cs:Zeile 100.
bei Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.SetDefaults(NPC npc, Boolean createModNPC)
bei Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
bei Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

I'll fix it in the next update soon, it seems like only a small error.

Could you make this work alongside both the Leveled and Unleveled mods?
Also, ADD SOME STAT FOR THE SUMMON CLASS
isnt unleveled UI-only? that should work regardless, shouldnt it?
also i agree with the stat for summon class.show summons some more love <3

I wanted to try it, 'cause it looks great, but I can't play for some reason. Here are the logs:

Dany klucz nie był obecny w słowniku.
w System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
w VapeRPG.VapeGlobalItem.UpdateEquip(Item item, Player player) w c:\Users\N3r0\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\VapeRPG\VapeGlobalItem.cs:wiersz 302
w Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.UpdateEquip(Item item, Player player)
w Terraria.Player.VanillaUpdateEquip(Item item)
w Terraria.Player.UpdateEquips(Int32 i)
w Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
w Terraria.WorldGen.do_playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
w Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)

Can I repair this somehow, or is it mod's fault?

Could you make this work alongside both the Leveled and Unleveled mods?
Also, ADD SOME STAT FOR THE SUMMON CLASS

isnt unleveled UI-only? that should work regardless, shouldnt it?
also i agree with the stat for summon class.show summons some more love <3

Summoner stats are already planned. Don't worry. The only problem is skills for it for which I don't have any ideas yet.
For unleveled, I could make the UI in the mod optional so you can disable it, then you could use the UIs in unleveled.

I wanted to try it, 'cause it looks great, but I can't play for some reason. Here are the logs:

Dany klucz nie był obecny w słowniku.
w System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
w VapeRPG.VapeGlobalItem.UpdateEquip(Item item, Player player) w c:\Users\N3r0\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\VapeRPG\VapeGlobalItem.cs:wiersz 302
w Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.UpdateEquip(Item item, Player player)
w Terraria.Player.VanillaUpdateEquip(Item item)
w Terraria.Player.UpdateEquips(Int32 i)
w Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
w Terraria.WorldGen.do_playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
w Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)

Can I repair this somehow, or is it mod's fault?

What mods do you have enabled?

Last edited:
I disabled all of my mods.
you have disabled all of your mods and the error persists? thats clearly not the case. which mods are/were enabled when you tried it. also try to narrow it down to a select few mods which cause the issue. this helps with fixing the issue.

Back
Top Bottom