tModLoader Wildlife Mod

The first version of this mod will not have everything in the OP
[doublepost=1501968840,1501968511][/doublepost]Also, on that note, should i split the plants into their own, seperate mod?

The first version of this mod will not have everything in the OP
[doublepost=1501968840,1501968511][/doublepost]Also, on that note, should i split the plants into their own, seperate mod?

As a rule of thumb, the more focused a mod is, the more I like it, because it means I can get the exact bits I want without things I don't. (eg: I strongly prefer "extra decorative furniture" mods don't add gear, bosses, etc.)

That said, animals and plants ... are not really that distinct, I guess, so I wouldn't be unhappy with either decision. :)

Congratulations on 0.1! I've been looking forward to this one. `:happy:

Haven't seen any dolphins so far, are they rare?
Caught a monkey and a turtle. Setting them down again doesn't seem to work; the monkey just sits there, and the turtle can't seem to move either in water or on land.
Can't catch deer; I assume that's intentional.
Homing missiles seem to target all the critters; I assume that isn't. `;)

Planting a Jade Rose uses 1 Jade Rose; planting another Jade Rose on top of it uproots it, and sometimes seems to give back more than one. I accidentally turned 5 into 41 just by holding down left-click.

Flux Coral is growing everywhere in the Granite biome, not just under water. I actually saw one pop up and break a pot right in front of me. `:D

Last edited:
There are a few B U G S.
1. Animals from this mod are being attacked by minions.
2.Hitting a plant from this mod with a tools hitbox (not the tool itself though), duplicates the plants.
Hope this helps you out and these bugs get fixed :)

Have a nice day!

Jade Rose is really aggressive. Please consider restricting it to sand blocks only, not sandstone, at least a few blocks apart, and no more than say 5 in a 100 block area. As it is, they're actually growing on top of each other and displacing themselves.

Deer seem to be spawning in front of player-placed background walls. Found one in a closed tower the other day. It also seemed to fly up the side when I got close; it's an unfinished tower, so there are no stairs, platforms, or ledges inside, and no furniture either, so it wasn't jumping on anything.

Last edited:
Jade Rose is really aggressive. Please consider restricting it to sand blocks only, not sandstone, at least a few blocks apart, and no more than say 5 in a 100 block area. As it is, they're actually growing on top of each other and displacing themselves.

Deer seem to be spawning in front of player-placed background walls. Found one in a closed tower the other day. It also seemed to fly up the side when I got close; it's an unfinished tower, so there are no stairs, platforms, or ledges inside, and no furniture either, so it wasn't jumping on anything.

I came here to report the deer issue: it was floating well above and the left of a sloped block pyramid on the left side ("/" direction blocks).

Also, I seem to be collecting an awful lot of jade rose, which suggests to me that it's being knocked off and made into an item but all sorts of things that are not player interaction. :)

PS: saw a monkey, went squee. it's really cool!

New update: 0.2
-Made medustalk and jaderose not able to be broken by swinging
-Slightly nerfed rate of jaderose spawn
-Slightly nerfed rate of deer spawn
-Deer can no longer spawn in the jungle or desert
-Added new plant: Bamboo! Bamboo grows on grass, but far away from spawn (the same areas where goblin scouts would spawn)
-Deer and turtles no longer climb up walls
-Added new gold variant of turtle. Sells for 10 gold
-Tweaked dolphin AI slightly (still floats on land)
-They no longer fly 30 blocks in the air sometimes
-they move slightly faster
-Nerfed rate of flux coral and medustalk spawning
-You can no longer place jaderose over itself
Download here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5qg550dqf6qswkk/Wildlife.tmod
[doublepost=1502142633,1502142099][/doublepost]Also, i forgot to fix jaderose duplication, that'll be a thing next patch, dont worry

Found a Gold Turtle and saw a Dolphin! `:happy: Wow, that was way more satisfying than I expected it to be.

Turtle swimming could be quieter. They're a bit too easy to spot and snag with all the noise they make.

Haven't seen a monkey climb a tree yet. They seem to spend a lot of time underwater.

Back
Top Bottom