PC What keeps you guys playing still?

-=Qweets=-

Terrarian
So I've been playing since basically the beginning and I'm wondering what keeps you guys playing? Do you stick with one character, if so what do you do once you've done everything? Do you keep restarting?

I'm just really interested in your take on the replay value of this game. Thanks!

It's really good for replayability normally, and if you get bored of normal Terraria, mods can increase your play time by tons.

It's really good for replayability normally, and if you get bored of normal Terraria, mods can increase your play time by tons.

Right I've played it tons I'm just curious what do you guys do to make each playthrough different? Do you set certain goals or something?

Right I've played it tons I'm just curious what do you guys do to make each playthrough different? Do you set certain goals or something?
Challenge yourself. A class-based playthrough is always fun, and there are tons of challenges that the community has created.

Come on people Terraria is such a big community, let's hear some of your stories on how you keep things fresh!!

I have a few things.
I often do challenges such as Collect-All-(Fill in the blank; be it trophies, masks, whatever) or class playthroughs (as in, one class ONLY. Especially fun for Summoners).

Every update: Start over. Beat game. Wait til next todate. Rinse and repeat. Unfortunately I beat the game faster and faster each time regardless of update.

Currently nothing... Other games took over my time and I stopped playing Terraria. I planned to restart when 1.3.5 was released, but then 1.3.6 appeared right around the corner. Since 1.3.6 contains some new furniture sets and I'm a collector, I've decided to wait until 1.3.6 is released.

Aside from that, me being a collector is what keeps me playing. I need all of the new items! :)

If you're at the point where you have done multiple playthroughs on expert and normal mode, I reccomend mods. If you're up for a challenge, Calamity is a great place to start. But I assume you know all that already! If you're generally just tired from playthroughs, I reccomend worldbuilding. You can build an awesome spaceship in the sky as your base and make a "space colony" for your NPCs to live in. You can make a realistic looking world, with elaborate and spaced out houses for each of your NPCs as if it were a real town. You can build a treehouse town, or a sophisticated underground tunnel network. What to build is completely up to you!

I think one of the things that would keep people playing (at least for me) is how many different ways there are to replay terraria, like after you've got everything from 1 run, such as all the lunar armor and weapons you can just make a new game and play as a new character role, say if you did warrior in one run then you do mage in another

Lunar Events!
I had quit terraria about a year ago. I only played on mobile though. I upgraded to pc a couple months ago bc that reason.

Thanks everyone, it's cool to see how you all stay entertained with it for all these years. I generally always get stuck being a melee role so I guess I'll do some class run through and set a collection goal for myself. I love Terraria and I'm not bored with it, I've spend at least 1,000+ hours in it. Just wanted to spice it up a bit while waiting for the new patch. Thank you everyone.

Thanks everyone, it's cool to see how you all stay entertained with it for all these years. I generally always get stuck being a melee role so I guess I'll do some class run through and set a collection goal for myself. I love Terraria and I'm not bored with it, I've spend at least 1,000+ hours in it. Just wanted to spice it up a bit while waiting for the new patch. Thank you everyone.
Glad to know we could help :dryadhappy:

Glad to know we could help :dryadhappy:

One thing that kinda sucks is I'm always playing it solo, I don't really have any friends that want to do playthroughs, that and I'd love to stream some multiplayer playthroughs. I think having others in the game adds to the fun, early on I had friends who played it with me but they moved on after they finished the content once.

One thing that kinda sucks is I'm always playing it solo, I don't really have any friends that want to do playthroughs, that and I'd love to stream some multiplayer playthroughs. I think having others in the game adds to the fun, early on I had friends who played it with me but they moved on after they finished the content once.
Forgive me if it's somewhere really obvious on your page but if you could link me to your steam I could play with you sometime :dryadhappy:

For me, overall it is just the sense of exploration & collecting items to continue to evolve my character and home to become better.

With how each Terraria world generates new & fresh Worlds each time, even though there are similar factors throughout Terraria Worlds. It's different each time, and I like to try and build something different each time during those. The sense of adventure and collecting items never gets old for me. I'll usually play all of my playthroughs using weapons from different classes. I've never been a fan of restricting myself to just one class's weapons/accessories.

The updates have also been a factor. Every major update. I enjoy completely starting fresh and clearing out the old worlds & characters I had before. And just taking in all the changes that take place, it felt like from 1.1 going to 1.2 the game felt like a completely new game with all the changes that took effect, from adding more types of wood & furniture to the better backgrounds. The game evolves very well.

Probably another thing is that I never get tired of seeing the effects of the Corruption/Crimson/Hallow Biomes in Worlds. I wish more games had things like the Corruption, it's effect on the blocks & creatures that live there are always fun to see. On different playthroughs your Underground Desert may be Hallowed instead of Corrupted.

Overall with the items, weapons, and bulding materials, there's just so much to collect and build, the accessories make it feel like my character itself is evolving. And finding the coolest items are why I enjoy games like this. With having over 1,000 hours between the Steam and GOG versions on PC. I feel like Terraria is one of those games I will never get tired of.

Forgive me if it's somewhere really obvious on your page but if you could link me to your steam I could play with you sometime :dryadhappy:

Hello Robo and welcome to the Forums, I can see you've joined recently.

It is better to ask on a member's profile for information like this or to Private Message them as it is off-topic from the Thread.

Anytime you have questions, you can also PM myself or any Moderator. :)

Back
Top Bottom