Game Mechanics (Mod Class Concept) Introducing the Altered Class

Does this seem like a good idea for a class?

• Total voters

Hamboy39

Spazmatism
What is the Altered Class?
The Altered Class is a class that would focus around using transformation items to defeat foes using different forms based on enemies, bosses and newly introduced monsters!

Mechanics of the class
The attacks and skills of each transformation is different, but each one comes with a special attack called a "Altered Attack" along with a normal attack and a ability, when transformed your beast bar will start draining away until it completely runs out, when you reach this point you will revert back into a human form, you recover the meter back by attacking foes

The Shapeshifter
The Shapeshifter (name to be changed) is a special NPC that helps upgrade the Transforming items that you own and selling you new items for the class, he would sell new transformation items and items for the human form to use throughout your adventure

Some of the planned forms and their items
Human form (Main) - the most balanced form, you start off with this form and you are able to do normal terraria things, Altered Attack: N/A
Enchanted Talon (Harpy) - allows you to have a fast air dash and gives you a close ranged claw attack, Altered Attack: you fire a series of feathers at your curser
Accursed Cranium (Skeletron) - a rare drop from skeletron that allows you to become a version of him that allows you to use his hands to smack enemies with, Altered Attack: you begin to roll towards the curser
Wolf's Jaw (Wolf) - a drop from wolfs, allows you to turn into a fast moving wolf that bites enemies and dash at them, Altered Attack: you howl to the moon, buffing you up for one minute
Nightdweller's Hide (Chupacabra) - sold by The Shapeshifter after you kill the rare bountiful sheep, allows you to claw at the enemy and leap around, Altered Attack: you latch on to the enemy to drain its blood to heal you.
Valkyrie's Feather (Valkyrie) - sold by The Shapeshifter when you enter Hardmode, allows you to fly for a short time and swing a special sword, Altered Attack: you fire a special Valkyrie blade slash that pierces enemies
Rabbit's Tear (Bunny) - sold by The Shapeshifter when you get a bunny in your inventory, has good mobility for early game but the damage it deals would be terrible, Altered Attack: you get launched in the direction of the mouse, anything in the path of the bunny will get damaged

Example of some possible items for the class
Curse of the Lycanthrope - made with 10 Souls of Night, a Moon Charm and a Wolf's Tooth, an acessory that has the effects of the Moon Charm, on a full moon you turn into a powerful werewolf creature that drains the beast bar alot
Merman's Descend - made with 10 Souls of Light, 1 Neptune's Shell and 20 Shark Fins, an acessory that has the effects of the Neptune's Shell, when you are in water for along enough time you turn into a powerful fish creature that drains the beast bar alot
Charm of the Shapeshifter - made with 1 Curse of the Lycanthrope, 1 Merman's Decent and a Celestial Shell, has the effects of all items combined, when you press double down you get the option of choosing to be either the powerful werewolf or the powerful fish creature
Mask Seller's Pack - Sold by The Shapeshifter, allows the player to store transformation items into it and allows the use of them through a UI
Morpher's Emblem - Made with any Wof emblem and Beast Hide
Shifting Beast's Hide - a pre-hardmode acessory used to make items for the altered class
Extraterrestrial Essence (name to change) - dropped by all of the Lunar Pillars, used to make Extraterrestrial Armor, a special weapon and transformation item based on the lunar event enemies

Conclusion
Keep in mind that this is only a potential idea for a class mod and not an actual mod (unless i manage to get some people to help make it a thing), i hope you enjoyed reading my stupid idea for a class `:happy:

Last edited:
I have on question. You give each of them an attack but how do you use it, does it replace.every weapon you have to temporrarly be the attack?

I have one question. You give each of them an attack but how do you use it, does it replace.every weapon you have to temporrarly be the attack?
You would not be able to use any weapon or item in your inventory when you become a non human form, the attack button would be left click and holding it down would make you do the altered attack

What is the Altered Class?
The Altered Class is a class that would focus around using transformation items to defeat foes using different forms based on enemies, bosses and newly introduced monsters!

Mechanics of the class
The attacks and skills of each transformation is different, but each one comes with a special attack called a "Altered Attack" along with a normal attack and a ability, when transformed your beast bar will start draining away until it completely runs out, when you reach this point you will revert back into a human form, you recover the meter back by attacking foes

The Shapeshifter
The Shapeshifter (name to be changed) is a special NPC that helps upgrade the Transforming items that you own and selling you new items for the class, he would sell new transformation items and items for the human form to use throughout your adventure

Some of the planned forms and their items
Human form (Main) - the most balanced form, you start off with this form and you are able to do normal terraria things, Altered Attack: N/A
Enchanted Talon (Harpy) - allows you to have a fast air dash and gives you a close ranged claw attack, Altered Attack: you fire a series of feathers at your curser
Accursed Cranium (Skeletron) - a rare drop from skeletron that allows you to become a version of him that allows you to use his hands to smack enemies with, Altered Attack: you begin to roll towards the curser
Wolf's Jaw (Wolf) - a drop from wolfs, allows you to turn into a fast moving wolf that bites enemies and dash at them, Altered Attack: you howl to the moon, buffing you up for one minute
Nightdweller's Hide (Chupacabra) - sold by The Shapeshifter after you kill the rare bountiful sheep, allows you to claw at the enemy and leap around, Altered Attack: you latch on to the enemy to drain its blood to heal you.
Valkyrie's Feather (Valkyrie) - sold by The Shapeshifter when you enter Hardmode, allows you to fly for a short time and swing a special sword, Altered Attack: you fire a special Valkyrie blade slash that pierces enemies
Rabbit's Tear (Bunny) - sold by The Shapeshifter when you get a bunny in your inventory, has good mobility for early game but the damage it deals would be terrible, Altered Attack: you get launched in the direction of the mouse, anything in the path of the bunny will get damaged

Example of some possible items for the class
Curse of the Lycanthrope - made with 10 Souls of Night, a Moon Charm and a Wolf's Tooth, an acessory that has the effects of the Moon Charm, on a full moon you turn into a powerful werewolf creature that drains the beast bar alot
Merman's Descend - made with 10 Souls of Light, 1 Neptune's Shell and 20 Shark Fins, an acessory that has the effects of the Neptune's Shell, when you are in water for along enough time you turn into a powerful fish creature that drains the beast bar alot
Charm of the Shapeshifter - made with 1 Curse of the Lycanthrope, 1 Merman's Decent and a Celestial Shell, has the effects of all items combined, when you press double down you get the option of choosing to be either the powerful werewolf or the powerful fish creature
Mask Seller's Pack - Sold by The Shapeshifter, allows the player to store transformation items into it and allows the use of them through a UI
Morpher's Emblem - Made with any Wof emblem and Beast Hide
Shifting Beast's Hide - a pre-hardmode acessory used to make items for the altered class
Extraterrestrial Essence (name to change) - dropped by all of the Lunar Pillars, used to make Extraterrestrial Armor, a special weapon and transformation item based on the lunar event enemies

Conclusion
Keep in mind that this is only a potential idea for a class mod and not an actual mod (unless i manage to get some people to help make it a thing), i hope you enjoyed reading my stupid idea for a class `:happy:
like i said in discord i have been successful in changing the player's size. i havent tried getting rid of it yet but that shouldn't be too hard. if i ever get around to finishing up my current project i could probably make this mod idea a reality

Back
Top Bottom