Mobile What's with the 1.3 version from a china site?

1kW

Terrarian
I am the moderator of a Terraria group on Facebook, recently, I see a rise in 1.3 mobile gameplay screenshot posts. The language is Chinese, the site to download is also chinese, the logo on it has "4339" number on the bottom of the logo.

I knew it was a ripoff, but it seems to works well, here is the screenshot:
20746213_193324454539826_8272168030091169870_o.jpg

How can a seperate dev make 1.3 faster than Pipeworks themselves...?

Heck, I even have the download link here:
<link removed by staff>

Last edited by a moderator:
1.3 working =/= 1.3 working to a high standard in a completely new codebase.

EDIT: So after running this on a virtual android device, it has the pipeworks logo at the start so is probably some sort of leak.

Last edited:
Wow they made a Chinese version instead of making us one first? Unreal.... glad I uninstalled...it doesn't take this long to make mobile better..or at least update it to have all the content. it should've been done like the other versions from the start... morons...

Wow they made a Chinese version instead of making us one first? Unreal.... glad I uninstalled...it doesn't take this long to make mobile better..or at least update it to have all the content. it should've been done like the other versions from the start... morons...
"We" didn't make the Chinese version, nor would we have been allowed to. By Chinese law, only a Chinese-based company would have been allowed to do so.

A different company (iDreamSky) was licensed (by 505Games' parent company) to make a version for the Chinese (country) market only. My understanding is that this version has in-app purchases where people are required to pay to open up new content. That is not going to be the way the mobile version for the rest of the world will work.

I am the moderator of a Terraria group on Facebook, recently, I see a rise in 1.3 mobile gameplay screenshot posts. The language is Chinese, the site to download is also chinese, the logo on it has "4339" number on the bottom of the logo.

I knew it was a ripoff, but it seems to works well, here is the screenshot:
20746213_193324454539826_8272168030091169870_o.jpg

How can a seperate dev make 1.3 faster than Pipeworks themselves...?

Heck, I even have the download link here:
<link removed by staff>
WAIT FOR A SECOND"4399”?!Seriously?!

"We" didn't make the Chinese version, nor would we have been allowed to. By Chinese law, only a Chinese-based company would have been allowed to do so.

A different company (iDreamSky) was licensed (by 505Games' parent company) to make a version for the Chinese (country) market only. My understanding is that this version has in-app purchases where people are required to pay to open up new content. That is not going to be the way the mobile version for the rest of the world will work.
The truth is that the Chinese company that represented Terraria not only did a poor job of optimization, but even worse, it stopped operating a few weeks ago (although I'm a Chinese Terraria player, I have to admit that).

WAIT FOR A SECOND"4399”?!Seriously?!
I mean I don't expect 4399 to do very well...

Back
Top Bottom