Experimental Features - Texture Pack Support and World Seeds!

What does your client-crashlog.txt say? you can find this file by right-clicking Terraria in Steam => Properties => Local Files tab => Browse Local Files... and that should bring up the folder with it in.

nah not important anymore, i already found out that my NET Framwework was Broken and one of my RAM Sticks too, i just updgraded to Win10 and removed the one stick and it works again

nah not important anymore, i already found out that my NET Framwework was Broken and one of my RAM Sticks too, i just updgraded to Win10 and removed the one stick and it works again
Oh man, hardware and software failures like that are the most pain in the :red: problems. They throw up errors in the weirdest places and seem completely unrelated to the source of the problem.

Okay, so my Texture Pack won't work. I am very sure I'm doing everything correctly here, but correct me if I'm wrong. I have a zipped file called "Texture Pack.zip" in Documents\My Games\Terraria. In that file, I have a normal file called "Images". It contains my Shadowbeam Staff resprite, named "Item_1444", and my Skeletron resprite, named NPC_35 (head), NPC_36 (hand) and Arm_Bone (Arm). All my Skeletron sprites are slightly bigger than the original sprite, and the Shadowbeam Staff is the same. I also have Experimental Features on.
Please help?

Hey, I'm sorta new to texture-pack stuff and am having trouble with retexturing armors, when you use the ids on the terraria wiki, those are just the ids of the inventory item, not the sprite I need to locate... I'm trying to find the Mrs. claus hat, and normal eskimo jacket/pants to make it sorta look like my avatar, as seen in my profile picture.

It's not working?
And I did everything correctly.
upload_2018-3-25_10-45-49.png

It's not working?
And I did everything correctly.
View attachment 196536
What do you have placed within the 'Texture Pack.zip' folder?

You need to have a folder titled 'Images' in order for this to work.

Shame that this feature is still so finicky. I hope the devs make texture pack support and seeds official features in 1.3.6, and make them more user friendly. Would be a nice way to reinvigorate the texture pack community, in my opinion.

The way the texture pack feature should have been implemented is this:
Every custom file is placed in a similar folderstructure to the main installation folders,
unpacked and ready for editing. Clearly, Terraria CAN read such files, as it can do that from within a zip-file.

Why did you Devs have to make it difficult again? (not a rethorical question)

"again" because that is how you do proper modding support in the first place, not forcing to make your customers jump through
firey hoops or limiting content creation to professionals with XNA experience.

The way the texture pack feature should have been implemented is this:
Every custom file is placed in a similar folderstructure to the main installation folders,
unpacked and ready for editing. Clearly, Terraria CAN read such files, as it can do that from within a zip-file.

Why did you Devs have to make it difficult again? (not a rethorical question)

"again" because that is how you do proper modding support in the first place, not forcing to make your customers jump through
firey hoops or limiting content creation to professionals with XNA experience.
The primary concern of modding support in any game is to make mods easy to use, not easy to create.

Allowing you to replace every sprite individually through replicating the folder structure might just be useful for texture pack creators, but it's an absolute nightmare for texture pack users, especially less computer-savvy ones.

ive got a very wierd promblem, ive got everything for it to work but the only that changes is the texture on the block of the TERRARIA in the title screen/Main Menu, but it not working in any of my worlds, i do use tmodloader and i alos changed the config in there, can anyone help me?

Edit: turns out the texture pack didnt have any block replacement

Last edited:
They've actually revealed in a screenshot on Twitter (iirc) that you'll be able to easily load texture packs through the main menu in the next update.
I meant for Xbox One, and the key (Y), above (A) and between (X) and (B).
[doublepost=1537289723,1537289555][/doublepost]
What do you have placed within the 'Texture Pack.zip' folder?

You need to have a folder titled 'Images' in order for this to work.

Shame that this feature is still so finicky. I hope the devs make texture pack support and seeds official features in 1.3.6, and make them more user friendly. Would be a nice way to reinvigorate the texture pack community, in my opinion.
The first place I went in Terraria is where you're standing in your signature.

I meant for Xbox One, and the key (Y), above (A) and between (X) and (B).
[doublepost=1537289723,1537289555][/doublepost]
The first place I went in Terraria is where you're standing in your signature.
These experimental features are currently offered only for PC.

Alternate texture packs may be considered modding of the game, which is currently prohibited for console and mobile platforms.

Someone help me, I can't get my custom tactical shotgun sprite to work, and it's sad because I think it would be nice to have it. I have everything arranged in my files exactly as it says but I just can't get it to work. The file they are in is compressed and should work, but it doesn't. Send help ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom