tModLoader Rockos ARPG

You probably meant @Firequartz, in your response, and not me.
Anyway, I hope everything will work out well for you. Sorry to hear about your video card.
And yeah, companies stopped supplying pc speakers for years now. Last time, I needed one was like 4 years ago, more or less. I was lucky enough, that my friend got one lying around. Couldn't figure what was happening without it.

Yeah my bad, quoted the wrong post. Anyway, while PC speakers aren't use 99.9% of the time, they help signal issues with the computer based on the beeps, which without it makes it even harder to troubleshoot. Still working fine almost 2 hours in, pretty happy.

@darkwolf7786

First off, thank you for reviving this mod. It reminds me so much of path of exile's leveling system and makes terraria fun to play. I hope work on the new tree is going well.

I've encountered 2 bugs with the legacy version 0.10.0.3. One of them is minor and the other is major. The Major bug was a simple typo that existed in the 0.10.0.1 source code and continued on in the fixed file @Mirrodep made. In the Load(TagCompound tag) section, there was a line that read:

statManaMax4 = tag.GetInt("statManaMx4");

There was an "a" missing in "max" so the game wouldn't load any mana you gained from leveling up from the last time you played.

The minor bug is the first time you log into a character their health starts at -300 health and they die the next time they take damage. I know you are aware of it and there is a simple fix by just save & exit and then reload, but I wanted to try my hand at fixing it. In the PostUpdateEquips() section I changed this:
if (!loaded2 && Main.myPlayer == player.whoAmI)
{
if (Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax2 < 0) Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax2 = 100;
Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLife = Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax2;
//Main.NewText("Melee");
loaded2 = true;
}

to this:
{
//if (Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax2 < 0) Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax2 = 100;
//Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLife = Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax2;
//Main.NewText("Melee");
loaded2 = true;
}

if (Main.myPlayer == player.whoAmI && Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax2 < 0)
{
Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax2 = 100;
}

The result is now when you log into a fresh character they have 100/100 health. I left the loaded2 bool value because I wasn't sure if it was used eslewhere (I couldn't find other references to it, just this line so that statLifeMax2 was changed once.) This is probably a very dirty way to do this as I don't have much experience coding and even less with C#. I've done some testing and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. It continued to add HP from leveling up and HP increases from the skill tree like normal. Save & exit then reloading worked fine. I even tried using a memory editor to set my HP below zero then save & exit and reload. Everthing appears to work.

Here is a plyer.cs file with the fixes if you want them. Or if anyone wants to add them to the 0.10.0.1 source and compile it themselves. This is an edit to the player.cs file @Mirrodep made. So it has the fix for the skill tree loading already.

Attachments

• Player.cs
    2 MB · Views: 203
@darkwolf7786

First off, thank you for reviving this mod. It reminds me so much of path of exile's leveling system and makes terraria fun to play. I hope work on the new tree is going well.

I've encountered 2 bugs with the legacy version 0.10.0.3. One of them is minor and the other is major. The Major bug was a simple typo that existed in the 0.10.0.1 source code and continued on in the fixed file @Mirrodep made. In the Load(TagCompound tag) section, there was a line that read:

statManaMax4 = tag.GetInt("statManaMx4");

There was an "a" missing in "max" so the game wouldn't load any mana you gained from leveling up from the last time you played.

The minor bug is the first time you log into a character their health starts at -300 health and they die the next time they take damage. I know you are aware of it and there is a simple fix by just save & exit and then reload, but I wanted to try my hand at fixing it. In the PostUpdateEquips() section I changed this:
{
if (Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax2 < 0) Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax2 = 100;
//Main.NewText("Melee");
loaded2 = true;
}

to this:
{
//if (Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax2 < 0) Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax2 = 100;
//Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLife = Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax2;
//Main.NewText("Melee");
loaded2 = true;
}

if (Main.myPlayer == player.whoAmI && Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax2 < 0)
{
Main.player[Main.myPlayer].statLifeMax2 = 100;
}

The result is now when you log into a fresh character they have 100/100 health. I left the loaded2 bool value because I wasn't sure if it was used eslewhere (I couldn't find other references to it, just this line so that statLifeMax2 was changed once.) This is probably a very dirty way to do this as I don't have much experience coding and even less with C#. I've done some testing and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. It continued to add HP from leveling up and HP increases from the skill tree like normal. Save & exit then reloading worked fine. I even tried using a memory editor to set my HP below zero then save & exit and reload. Everthing appears to work.

Here is a plyer.cs file with the fixes if you want them. Or if anyone wants to add them to the 0.10.0.1 source and compile it themselves. This is an edit to the player.cs file @Mirrodep made. So it has the fix for the skill tree loading already.
@Dexeren , @darkwolf7786 Hey mates, would you mind creating a new .tmod with that fix? I'm not able to bring my head around with only the player.cs file, since i know there are other files in the .tmod . Also if you could instruct on how to integrate the player.cs file into the .tmod file i would be truly grateful. Cheers and thank you for keeping such a great mod alive!

Updated the Legacy Rocko's Mod to 0.10.0.22 with the following notes. It should be on the tmodloader browser to update.

0.10.0.22 (8/26/2017)
-Gonna use this as a standard for now, tmodloader version + revision, should be alright (for the mod's version number, modloader version 0.10.0.2 rev 2, it wouldn't let me do 0.10.0.2.2 sadly).
-Fixed Max MP variable not saving properly. This caused MP gained from level ups not to remain on the character when reloading. Since MP gained at level up is based on your stats AT the level up, its not possible to fix this on pre-existing characters without leveling up again, so you'd have to make new characters for this, sorry. Thanks to Dexeren for noticing.
-Fixed the "Start with negative HP" on newly created characters. Thanks to Dexeren for supplying code for this.
-Prevented the "Status" window from showing while the inventory is open. It was left in from the original, though not many seem to like it there since people tend to play with their inventories open sometimes and it takes up screen space.

To be clear, the Mana gained at level up is incredibly minor: If you have more INT than STR or DEX, then you can get 1-3 Mana at level up. Otherwise you get 1-2 Mana. Most of your Max Mana comes from the tree, so no need to worry too much about this I don't think.

Last edited:
@darkwolf7786
Mate thank you, the status window is especially annoying since i'm not accustomed to smaller menu sizes, this makes it much easier to play ^^
Thanks for updating and cheers.
oB9K6rM.png

Is there anyway to reset a characters level and stats? I have a character I use and usually I just use the character editor to reset it to base before starting a new world.

I seem to be having an issue with the interface. When opening the "Full Menu", the main option menu is partially off the screen, the status menu is partially atop the main option menu, and the skill allocation menu is mostly behind the map. While the last one isn't that big of an issue, the first two makes using the mod kind of a hassle. While I usually play at 2048x1152, I can alleviate the issue slightly by playing at a smaller resolution, but it still looks nothing like the screen shots posted by other users/developer's updates in the thread.

I tried using the suggested controls for moving the HP/MP/EXP bars, but that didn't seem to work. I was able to guess the Options menu, but that only seems to be for the aforementioned bars and not the Full Menu interface. I searched for "Menu" and "Interface" in the thread and didn't see anyone else having similar issues, so if this was asked before I apologize.

20170831221349_1.jpg 20170831221831_1.jpg

Great mod with a lot of potential, but you're able to quickly become OP with this mod, so I'd say there are several balancing issues. drop the extra melee damage or at least nerf it. don't add the extra defence points. basically take everything down a notch.

Is there anyway to reset a characters level and stats? I have a character I use and usually I just use the character editor to reset it to base before starting a new world.

Currently no. I could make an option for it, but it defeats the purpose of building a character and using multiples. There's no easy way to remove single skill points with the way the skill data is originally built in this mod either, so it would have to be a full reset or no reset.

I seem to be having an issue with the interface. When opening the "Full Menu", the main option menu is partially off the screen, the status menu is partially atop the main option menu, and the skill allocation menu is mostly behind the map. While the last one isn't that big of an issue, the first two makes using the mod kind of a hassle. While I usually play at 2048x1152, I can alleviate the issue slightly by playing at a smaller resolution, but it still looks nothing like the screen shots posted by other users/developer's updates in the thread.

I tried using the suggested controls for moving the HP/MP/EXP bars, but that didn't seem to work. I was able to guess the Options menu, but that only seems to be for the aforementioned bars and not the Full Menu interface. I searched for "Menu" and "Interface" in the thread and didn't see anyone else having similar issues, so if this was asked before I apologize.

I would probably have to check how that window's x coordinate is set up. It should be just simply set up to adjust to the left size and it would just use the window left pane as reference, but that's something to look into. I've never used windows that large.

I seem to be having problems. For one, when I press the Full Menu button, nothing pops up. What should pop up when I press it?

Full Menu should open up the window that lets you put Skill Points in and open the Skill Tree. Make sure you've set up a hotkey for it in Terraria's control settings, or try setting up a different key.

Great mod with a lot of potential, but you're able to quickly become OP with this mod, so I'd say there are several balancing issues. drop the extra melee damage or at least nerf it. don't add the extra defence points. basically take everything down a notch.

This is the original design made by the one who created this mod, Rockos. I've had been working on a more balanced tree for an alternate version of this mod, but I haven't had time to work on it so progress has been really slow. This version in particular I had subtitled "Legacy" for those who want to actually use this originally designed version. I would not attempt to change or balance this version, as the coding for this version is not malleable at all and would take lot of tedious changing as everything is hard coded where nothing used variables or functions and copied/pasted tons of code, so trying to change everything would be a job. The version I'm working on rewrote the system to make it easier to program, and is looking to be more balanced, once I can find the time again to work hard on it instead of a little here or a little there.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or is it currently not possible to allocate attribute points? I finally figured out how to access the mod menu, and I tried allocating points to INT and DEX, but it wouldn't do anything... I've been playing without this menu for a while, so I've got over 150 points I want to spend, but it won't let me. Please help.

Is it just me, or is it currently not possible to allocate attribute points? I finally figured out how to access the mod menu, and I tried allocating points to INT and DEX, but it wouldn't do anything... I've been playing without this menu for a while, so I've got over 150 points I want to spend, but it won't let me. Please help.

I'm not even sure why you played that far into the mod with no skill trees or skill points haha. It would've made sense to question these things before playing; that's like 50 levels worth of stat points. Either way, the only way to put points into stats is to click the + next to the stat you want to raise. You said you "tried to allocate points" but you didn't explain exactly what you tried, so I have no clue what you did or didn't do.

I'm not even sure why you played that far into the mod with no skill trees or skill points haha. It would've made sense to question these things before playing; that's like 50 levels worth of stat points. Either way, the only way to put points into stats is to click the + next to the stat you want to raise. You said you "tried to allocate points" but you didn't explain exactly what you tried, so I have no clue what you did or didn't do.

OH ok... I have a texture pack on with custom fonts, so I couldn't see the little plus sign. I looked closer and I see it now. I was trying to click on the attribute itself. Thanks for the reply.

Welp. downloaded this and I like the potential of this mod (though I CLEARLY did this for more power-fantasy reasons...)

... And I already broken it or have just reached the maximum :D

2F33D8CEED3D41792F60A9EC8B65881437D8D493

Though, I've thought it it akin to Badass Ranks in Borderlands 2, and I can only hope there is not limit cap (or at least as an option). <3

So, given I got those prompts - I thought I'd report this here. I really look forward to the development for this mod and hope to see more skills and perhaps stats for Alchemists at some point. I wasn't sure if I hit the cap or if there was a severe hiccup somewhere in the code to instigate these prompts. (Though I feel that text spamming that over and over could be annoying.)

Be kinda cool to see this mod have mod compatibility for people to mod their own things in, though that might mean having to make the icons smaller in the skill window.

Last edited:
I'm currently experiencing a bug with the mod. Yesterday I loaded up a new character and a new world. I got as far to reach level 11 allocated points into my str, int and dex. I even opened up the skill tree, chose warrior and allocated points into them there. I shutdown the game and went to bed. I just tried playing the game again and everything except for my attributes were reset. My health was not where it was when I left and neither was my mana. I thought ok maybe leveling up would fix it but no it didn't. So I checked the skill tree and it has me set as a warrior still, but the skill tree doesn't have any points allocated and I can't attempt to allocate points, I have all 12 points but can't do anything with them. I have other mods enabled besides this and I'm not using the Legacy version. Could the other mods be interfering or is it something else?

Hi everyone, I want to apologize in advance for my bad English. I found a thing in this mod that i want to show :
upload_2017-11-27_18-56-17.png

as you can see I chose the ranger class and after one day I loaded the save and did not have skillpoints to spend, i'm level 18 currently and the ranger's start,in the center of the photo is not activated. even getting up the level you get nothing. now i can't take skills.
this is a pity because i really like this mod and I've been using this mod for quite a while now.
i have some suggestions for mod improvement
  • improving skill tree visual like adding colors in background to show the 3 classes (green ranger, blue mage and red warrior for example)
  • adding more classes and subclasses like summoner or ninja (throwing)
  • the ability to zoom in and out the skill tree for a better wiew
i know modding is an hard work especially for small developing teams
i hope i was helpful and good luck for your mod
again i'm sorry if i made mistakes in writing ,i'm not native english and i used google translate.

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-27_18-52-47.png
    upload_2017-11-27_18-52-47.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 459
you guy ever had that moment where you havent played a mod is so long, that everything seems brand new.

and has anyone ever had that moment where you try to log in but your old profile is missing... aka say it does not exist

Can you turn off the custom life and mana bars?
I'm already using unleveled's UI and it doesn't go together well with the UI of this mod.

Back
Top Bottom