tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Fire system works bad sometimes - when burning enemy hits you, you also start to burn, seems broken. Perfomance decreased to 40 fps after killing Wall of Flash. Some weapons now useless, some overpowered (Hellwing bow for example). Also, obsidian skull or even lava warden boots cant protect you from fire.

Fire system works bad sometimes - when burning enemy hits you, you also start to burn, seems broken.
What part of that is broken? It's a feature and also what is supposed to happen in every such case even outside the game.
Also, obsidian skull or even lava warden boots cant protect you from fire.
When did they ever..
Perfomance decreased to 40 fps after killing Wall of Flash.
Until i get a performance snapshot done with dotTrace or similar application this will sound like "I'm playing on an outdated laptop" for me.

It's not okay, when u heat enemy with sword while Magma Stone is equipped and then start to run around screaming without possibility to fight. It works equal with imp staff. Maybe someone enjoy this, but i think option to turn it off will be great. Obsidian skull protects u from fire blocks, so why not protect from burning enemies (not from Meteor Head debuff, for example). I actually removed mod because of that, but my specs is Q9400 (2.6x4), 4gb ram, 560ti (1300 vram). Good enough to have stable 60 during all game w\o mods.

Ok this is a great mod but every time i exit the game without closing it, by pressing the windows button or Ctrl + alt + delete then pressing cancel, and trying to get back into game crashes said game.

It's not okay, when u heat enemy with sword while Magma Stone is equipped and then start to run around screaming without possibility to fight. It works equal with imp staff. Maybe someone enjoy this, but i think option to turn it off will be great. Obsidian skull protects u from fire blocks, so why not protect from burning enemies (not from Meteor Head debuff, for example). I actually removed mod because of that, but my specs is Q9400 (2.6x4), 4gb ram, 560ti (1300 vram). Good enough to have stable 60 during all game w\o mods.
I had the same problem with the WoF here's what you do to fix it. Just disable the mod, load the world, save and exit then re-enable the mod and it should fix the low frames after the WoF. Side Note: This is also how you get rid of all the items cluttering up your world so that should also help your frames, you have to wait a bit when you load up the world with the mod disabled for it to delete the items. This is just a temp fix so you can continue with your play through with good frames. They will drop again if you lose to him again.

PS: I have an i7-4790k processor, a Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 graphics card, and 16 gigs of ram and I had this issue. This sounds like it's not a matter of poor hardware, but rather a matter of poor coding for me. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:
The super shotgun has a single frame in its firing animation in which its just a black box.

Attachments

• 20170825191247_1.jpg
    20170825191247_1.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 361
Would it be possible for you to add the option to disable the way the fire debuff works now?
When you're in expert mode and the fire debuff can last up to 10 seconds, and all you get to do is run around in hell because you got touched by an enemy, it gets pretty annoying pretty fast.
I'm okay with all of the other features of the mod, but the new way that the debuff works now really gets on my nerves sometimes, and i'd like to be able to disable it.

When i play this mod my chacter is glitching, i see two heads,one moving and one isnt,whenever i use a bow i have two bows one over the other one,the same thing happens for the guns

I don't know if this is a part of the config, if it is I can't find it, but I think there should be a way that you can disable the unique effect on the player when they're on fire, it just seems like it'd be a bit annoying

I'll just go ahead and agree with all these people
Erupting in flames from touching a burning enemy can be rather annoying, especially when you have a fire-based summon
And not being able to even drink a potion while burning is mean, especially in expert mode

I remember someone suggesting rolling to put out the fire, maybe you could look into that

The mod is great, it really changes the combat, and i like the fire system.
BTW i found a glitch, when you use a throwable from a mod it dosen't use up, so it ends up clonning the throwable.

Is it possible to disable reloading for bows? It breaks a lot of bows in he Calamity mod. Specifically, Phangasm and other things of that nature.

Please please please... I want to use this mod with Calamity but it's difficult when bows like the one I listed only have 1 ammo max. I don't want to disable this mod for that one reason and it seems like something small to do but I'm ignorant and I don't know if there's any way to fix this. I have looked at the .json file and couldn't find anything relating to what I'm talking about.

Is it possible to disable reloading for bows? It breaks a lot of bows in he Calamity mod. Specifically, Phangasm and other things of that nature.

Please please please... I want to use this mod with Calamity but it's difficult when bows like the one I listed only have 1 ammo max. I don't want to disable this mod for that one reason and it seems like something small to do but I'm ignorant and I don't know if there's any way to fix this. I have looked at the .json file and couldn't find anything relating to what I'm talking about.

I have to agree, there are several bows like Bladedge Greatbow, Brimstone Fury, and The Cosmic Bolter that are just ruined by it.

I have to agree, there are several bows like Bladedge Greatbow, Brimstone Fury, and The Cosmic Bolter that are just ruined by it.

Talked to Mirsario on the Terraria Overhaul discord, the reloading will be mostly fixed in a Calamity update. The problem is caused from width/height values being incorrect. Should have 100% compatibility by then.

For me explosives become infinite. Maybe it's because of my config settings. The ones I think are relevant;
showOScursor: true
vanillaplayerrendering: false

Anyway, keep up the good work Mirsario

If you just keep jumping in a straight line, you start moving faster, infinitely. Awesome mod so far tho! BOWS ARE OP?!?! Bows do about double the damage of their respective sword in early game, and Swords are really trippy to use, since you jump into whatever you're attacking every time you swing.
I just started playing with this mod and i hope it rebalances alot of OP weapons(Enchanted Sword,Arkhalis,Fetid Bahknakadongathingies, Onyx Blaster etc.) and Very underpowered Weapons (Aqua Septer, Rainbow Rod, EVERY FLAIL, BOOMERANG AND SPEAR, except a few)
When you fall a great height in a cave, you start going super super fast, which makes the game load the new tiles that are all coming on screen very fast, then it lags a bit and makes it hard for me to catch myself.
PS- whats with bombs and consumables not using up?
PSS- swinging a weapon while standing on ice makes you start infintely move faster, too
PSSS- you must of not taken into account the EoWs 50 segments and BoCs Creepers when you decided that all enemies have their own damage cooldowns instead of a invincibility frame for the player, because making you take 30 damage 40 times in 3 seconds on the 3rd boss is not a good idea! This mod is V1.1.2? should be Beta or Alpha because this is buggy and unbalanced as hell :mad: :sigh:

Last edited:
If you just keep jumping in a straight line, you start moving faster, infinitely.
It's called bunnyhopping and it's 100% intentional.
PS- whats with bombs and consumables not using up?
PSS- swinging a weapon while standing on ice makes you start infintely move faster, too
bugs that were already fixed for the next update. the reason it didn't release it is that it's huge.
PSSS- you must of not taken into account the EoWs 50 segments and BoCs Creepers when you decided that all enemies have their own damage cooldowns instead of a invincibility frame for the player, because making you take 30 damage 40 times in 3 seconds on the 3rd boss is not a good idea!
Is this just trashtalk? Because worm damage works flawlessly in the latest version.
This mod is V1.1.2? should be Beta or Alpha because this is buggy and unbalanced as hell :mad: :sigh:
thanks for your pointless opinion.

Yes there is reduced knock back though it is still there, this is intentional, this is so you have to make use of your doge roll, but it has been reduced mainly because of the stun feature. If you hit an enemy they should turn red for a small time, during which they cant hit you. Slimes shouldn't instakill, but do make note that the are no more invincibility frames, well at least not normal frames. If you get hit by and enemy or projectile you will have invincibility frames to that specific enemy or projectile but not to all other things as well, the name individual invincibility frames is how I'd describe it. Hope this helps.
Works now, knockback is working. ;)
Well, just probably random, the day it happened and I used it once more thanks to what you said. And once I used it next day, my knockback was working. Thanks for the reply though. :)

Back
Top Bottom