Console Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to get flashbacks of the Duke nukem forever development hell it was in
This is nothing like that. Reality is they announced Otherworld far in advance of when they should have. Taking 4-5 years to make a game is pretty normal.

To me the proper time to announce a game is about 4-6 months ahead of its launch. Just enough time for hype without burnout and short enough to not run out of hype material if spaced out properly.

Just remember to keep holding on guys! A negative mentality leads to a negative outlook when the update comes!A positive mentality makes the update better for you.

@username

In the future, please try to add more content to your posts. Generally posts such as this which just consist of an emoticon are a lack of content, and we require a minimum of content in posts overall.

On the Thread Topic. It is interesting to hear about how Pipeworks is working hard everyday to eventually make 1.3 for Consoles happen.

I disagree with you on a major point here. The purchase of a product doesn't entitle you to a promise of updated features. They don't owe you anything more than you've already paid for. While many games are supported beyond an initial purchase, they don't have an obligation to. Buy your games for the product they are now, not the promise of what they will become. You chose to take your vacation to play the game. The timing does happen to suck, but that lost opportunity is not the game maker's fault.

See that's just not reasonable. Pipeworks and 505 games aren't tiny little indie devs, they are large teams of people. Nobody actually knows the entire picture of how things are going. Gathering the information you're requesting in the timeframes you're asking for would actually take time away from actually making the update. They have a community manager who does deliver as much information as they can every week on Twitch. That's really as good as you should expect.

I understand that they are not required to update the game. However, this update is not available on old gen consoles. This means that any people who wish to play this update on console are forced to purchase a new copy. Quite a bit of their profit on new consoles is being driven by this update.

I planned my vacation for over 6 months, not to play this game, but for my marriage and honeymoon. My wife and i are both gamers, so we decided we'd spend the last few days of the honeymoon catching up on games we've shelved for months. When they announced the q2 release, we purchased a new copy, specifically because we both enjoy the game, and a q2 release fell perfectly into the plans we had already made.

@username

In the future, please try to add more content to your posts. Generally posts such as this which just consist of an emoticon are a lack of content, and we require a minimum of content in posts overall.

On the Thread Topic. It is interesting to hear about how Pipeworks is working hard everyday to eventually make 1.3 for Consoles happen.

oh sorry! I'll remember that!!

I have request for 1.3 console update, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE FIX HOIKING AND MAKE IT THE SAME AS PC, also remove this thing i call mob hit limit example, lets say i'm fighting golem and i put a nimbus cloud above him, then i shoot him with golden shower he wont get icor debuff because the nimbus cloud keeps on doing continous damage that he doesn't want to get icor debuff, same thing with traps also
:D

Today I was browsing through my games on Xbox One and was managing a few when I noticed the Terraria game icon is now updated to the new box art that they are using for the 1.3 version on Nintendo Switch. Also, the game hub now has the new logo along with Pipeworks Studio as the developer of console Terraria. Thought I would share this, any news is good news. So lets hope for a 1.3 console release soon!

(I attached the file below in-case anyone is wondering what it looks like.)

Attachments

• tba.final.80.png
    tba.final.80.png
    1 MB · Views: 374
Last edited:
If you go to the Xbox One store when you actually read the whole description it says 1.3 is out for console. They better release it by tommorow or some people might be a little unhappy. Especially if it's someone who may of just bought the game because they read the description and thought they were gonna get to play 1.3 right away

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 338
Hello everyone!

We are indeed in the process of preparing the Terraria store pages for the upcoming 1.3 launch. Somehow, it seems that this prep work was pushed to the public store page on Xbox One (thanks for pointing this out!). We are in the process of urgently correcting this, and we apologize to everyone for the confusion it understandably caused.

To be clear. the update is not coming out today, and we do not have a date to give you just yet - though we are getting closer every day (and as you can see, already preparing everything for its arrival... even what you guys saw isn't finished quite yet) – thanks for your continued patience!

Sorry for accidentally getting you hyped up just to share that we are not quite there yet.

Hello everyone!

We are indeed in the process of preparing the Terraria store pages for the upcoming 1.3 launch. Somehow, it seems that this prep work was pushed to the public store page on Xbox One (thanks for pointing this out!). We are in the process of urgently correcting this, and we apologize to everyone for the confusion it understandably caused.

To be clear. the update is not coming out today, and we do not have a date to give you just yet - though we are getting closer every day (and as you can see, already preparing everything for its arrival... even what you guys saw isn't finished quite yet) – thanks for your continued patience!

Sorry for accidentally getting you hyped up just to share that we are not quite there yet.
Aw come on, I was so exited. I'm so bummed out now. It's already bad enough that we're gonna wait 4 extra months for this update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom