Things that you didn't realize were in the game for the longest time?

The Bone Pickaxe.
I just discovered this yesterday.
Apparently, this item has been around since 1.2.1, and I got into Terraria when console was in 1.2.3.
Seems like a really handy thing early game.

It's one of those items that, 99% of the time, you'll only get once you're far beyond the point where it could have been of use. Much like the Uzi.

I didn't know that this little is enough to have a jungle biome on my projected "exhibition hall":

Fair enough, the wiki spells out that plant tiles count for biome conversion. I guess I can try a different design for an early mid-game low-tech money-making hut next time.

How did you achieve that?

Something I didn't notice recently is that the banners that are shown when you're moving NPCs around has a golden trim around it. As in, the sprite was changed and I'm not sure which update did that as I didn't notice that until yesterday.

Something I didn't notice recently is that the banners that are shown when you're moving NPCs around has a golden trim around it. As in, the sprite was changed and I'm not sure which update did that as I didn't notice that until yesterday.
It's likely done to mark this is their home, even after death. And the NPC will try to return to the same home after they died.

It's either a new thing, or something I've never encountered before. One time, while mining to the Underworld to prepare to fight the WoF, I was attacked by, of all things, a bouncing heart. It looked like the hearts that enemies drop that you heal yourself with, but you could kill it.

It's either a new thing, or something I've never encountered before. One time, while mining to the Underworld to prepare to fight the WoF, I was attacked by, of all things, a bouncing heart. It looked like the hearts that enemies drop that you heal yourself with, but you could kill it.
You play modded? I don't think such an enemy exists on PC by default. (Can't say much about other versions, though.)

That was most likely just a black slime that happened to contain a heart inside of it, of which was possible since 1.3, and you didn't see the slime itself due to it blending with the background.

Just learned very recently that the Princess Set can be bought from the Clothier!

It has a very specific condition like the Mechanic's Rod which is why it was unknown to me until now. It can only be bought during a New Moon from the Clothier.

I discovered it in terraria version 1.3.1, didn't speak about it and then forget it. Silly me.
MClRA1L.png

Quess what, they are booth in the game, on the right is old one. New is named Sunplate Clock for a reason. How this could even happen?

I discovered it in terraria version 1.3.1, didn't speak about it and then forget it. Silly me.
MClRA1L.png

Quess what, they are booth in the game, on the right is old one. New is named Sunplate Clock for a reason. How this could even happen?

To quote Leinfors:
It was a happy accident.

Through a convoluted series of miscommunications, incorrect info provided from faulty sources, that info being logged and then not subsequently updated after the fact, we ended up with a scenario where someone was under the false impression we didn't have a clock for the Skyware set.

While making new furniture to fill in the gaps in other areas, a sprite was made to account for this perceived lack of a clock. When we realized the error, we now had a second clock sprite. And rather than waste it, it was added in anyway as a second one.

Answer can be found here:
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/pc-1-3-5-is-live.56657/page-21#post-1424973

Back
Top Bottom