Vipix' Toolbox

update
v1.3.0
- New tool: Unstable Staff. Similar to the Ice Rod, but it allows building levitating furniture. You won't need to use the teleporter glitch anymore. This is an attempt at controlling glitchy things, so it may have problems. Chest duplication is prevented.
- Added support for the World Builder Soul from Fargo's mod (gives near fullscreen range)
- Made the /CenterUI command permanent for each player (forgot to publish that last time, sorry)
- Removed the pots, they already exist in Chad's mod
- Github link now bois

Last edited:
Oh you added my idea? Cool

I mean I did see it off another post either on reddit or here, but eh

Also one more thing with the staff of regrowth, could it be possible
To make it plant more than just normal grass, like different types of grass, of course some unlocking at certain parts of the game
And if not, is it possible to make it grow Jungle grass, because i'm surprised how that still isn't a thing. I mean it comes from the jungle, so its pretty confusing

To make it plant more than just normal grass, like different types of grass, of course some unlocking at certain parts of the game
And if not, is it possible to make it grow Jungle grass, because i'm surprised how that still isn't a thing. I mean it comes from the jungle, so its pretty confusing

There are several problems with that, most importantly the fact that it would make too many items obsolete. Mushroom seeds, jungle grass seeds, corrupt seeds, hallowed seeds, crimson seeds, and overlaps with thrown water, thrown powder and clentaminator... Also, jungle grass grows on mud, not dirt, so you need to convert dirt to mud first. An item for what you describe would basically be a dirt to mud converter. I don't think managing grass is tedious in a build, you just have to wait a bit

Ooh, this looks sweet. Always love QoL mods like this, especially that painting tool.

Though, a question/suggestion - would it be possible to add config options to enable/disable some features, or alter them? (ie: Paint usage chance from the Colour Palette, Disabling the Unstable Wand, Speed of the Wall Hammer, etc) I wouldn't mind adding it to my server (also testing multiplayer features~!) but I feel like it'd be too much of a balance change at base. (Plus, not too big on the Unstable Wand. Seems exploity.)

Really I just want that Colour Palette :V

would it be possible to add config options to enable/disable some features, or alter them?
Adding the possibility to disable some items sounds reasonable, I'll get on it. But I'm afraid I can't give custom control over all the parameters that influence "balance". By the way, there aren't a lot of multiplayer features to test, only the block update.
If you know what exploit can be achieved with the Unstable Staff (that isn't possible with Ice Rod or teleporter) please tell me. I already prevented the infinite chest glitch, maybe I forgot others.

[edit] Actually disabling tools AND sending that information to other clients is hard

Last edited:
You know what I wish we had but I'm not sure if it'd be possible for you to do? Solid color paints. What I mean is, paints that basically mask things like shadow paint does but with specific colors. Want a solid blue thing to mask with water around it? Blue solid color paint! ...Come to think of it, we should have that for base Terraria! >:I

Solid color paints
Well... that doesn't exist in vanilla so it goes a bit beyond the original point of the toolbox. Also, I'm not sure it has many uses... Do you have examples where deep paint is not enough ? If you only want something very blue no matter the block, can't you just take a naturally blue block and paint it with deep blue ?

I love this mod and I've only started using it a few days ago.

I was wondering, since there's the Rattlesnake Wand for changing sand, would it be possible to make a block replacement wand that replaces a block you aim at with the one in an internal slot and gives you the block it replaced?

Well... that doesn't exist in vanilla so it goes a bit beyond the original point of the toolbox. Also, I'm not sure it has many uses... Do you have examples where deep paint is not enough ? If you only want something very blue no matter the block, can't you just take a naturally blue block and paint it with deep blue ?

Yeah, I know, I'm more thinking out loud via forums I guess, haha. Basically, what I mean by solid color paints is basically a third tier of paint. You have the base layer of paint, then the one you need to double down on paint cans to make(or use white, black or brown), then I was thinking of something along the lines of a third tier of color I guess? Say you wanted to make like... a hot spring, so you use activated chimneys in the water, but, you HAVE to use shadow paint on a shadow paint background if you want to mask the chimney's entirely but still have the smoke particles via activation.

My idea for solid color paints would be something like basically shadow paint but for all colors, so blue or green or whatever color you want that is entirely masks the details of what it's used upon, like shadow paint makes anything it's painted on practically without detail, blackness entirely. Replace that blackness with whatever color you want in abundance. I'm not saying YOU should go try and mess around with this, I'd probably try to mod it or something as my first attempted mod or whatever.

I was just using your paint tool and started thinking about how there should be shadow paint-style with all the colors as like a third option for the colors, that's all.

a block replacement wand

I thought about it and I realized it's too much in the middle ground. Replacing blocks 1 at a time makes it a pickaxe, technically, with an automatic placing function. It would be much cooler if it could replace a number of adjacent blocks until a certain limit. However that would be hard to balance. Maybe that will be the next tool but I need to find severe limitations (to avoid making it a better clentaminator and stuff...)

I'd probably try to mod it or something as my first attempted mod or whatever.

Sure, dive in! I'm on the tmodloader discord if you want some help. Now I'm sort of comfortable with blocks, nothing crazy.

update
v1.3.1
- New command: disable/enable tools by typing /tool followed by the tool internal name (list will be shown, "all" is accepted) and enable/disable (optional)
- Fixed the way of obtaining the Smartammer
- Fixed the multiplayer update (supposedly) when using the Unstable Staff

I still need confirmation on this bug where the interfaces all appear bottom right from the cursor ! I saw it on another youtube channel, I really want to fix this !

When trying to launch the server software with this mod, I get the following error:

Code:
UI/Color/0
   at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
   at VipixToolBox.UI.ColorUI.OnInitialize() in c:\Users\Val\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\VipixToolBox\UI\Color\ColorUI.cs:line 201
   at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Activate()
   at VipixToolBox.VipixToolBox.Load() in c:\Users\Val\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\VipixToolBox\VipixToolBox.cs:line 43
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
Terraria Server v1.3.5.2 - tModLoader v0.10.1

This does not occur if I launch the game normally (ie: tModLoader.exe, not tModLoaderServer.exe)

This even happens when no other mods are loaded, just Vipix Toolbox. (I do question how you found a multiplayer bug despite it not actually working...)

This even happens when no other mods are loaded, just Vipix Toolbox. (I do question how you found a multiplayer bug despite it not actually working...)

Ok so I fixed this particular bug in the latest (1.3.2). I'm not sure what multiplayer bug you're talking about though. If it is the "fixed multiplayer update" of the Unstable Staff, I meant to say that there was no block update being send, unlike all the other tools.

Ok so I fixed this particular bug in the latest (1.3.2). I'm not sure what multiplayer bug you're talking about though. If it is the "fixed multiplayer update" of the Unstable Staff, I meant to say that there was no block update being send, unlike all the other tools.

Code:
An error occurred while loading VipixToolBox
This mod has automatically been disabled. See below for actual error:

UI/Color/0
   at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
   at VipixToolBox.UI.ColorUI.OnInitialize() in c:\Users\Val\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\VipixToolBox\UI\Color\ColorUI.cs:line 202
   at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Activate()
   at VipixToolBox.VipixToolBox.Load() in c:\Users\Val\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\VipixToolBox\VipixToolBox.cs:line 43
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
Terraria Server v1.3.5.2 - tModLoader v0.10.1

.. Have you? The line number has changed but it's still crashing with the same error.

Yeah I messed something up in an attempt to fix, I think Jopo fixed it, big thanks to him. And thanks for warning me because I did not see it.

Could you do me a favor and download the .tmod from github at https://github.com/vipix/VipixToolBox/releases ? If you don't see it, just wait a moment (I don't control that)
Also to be sure, you can download the source code and check in the directory VipixToolBox\UI\Color\ that "0.png" is black

... I'm not entirely sure what you're asking of me here. On the link provided, there's a few .zip files (which appear to contain the mod's source), but no .tmod file. Downloading the .tmod file in the OP and comparing it to the one I currently had downloaded from the tModLoader Mod Browser reveals they're both exactly the same size. (ie: Probably exactly the same file)

I also extracted the source from inside tModLoader itself (.. assuming that's what the "Extract" button does, I'm not entirely familiar with tModLoader yet) and - assuming that the mod is extracted to "../Terraria/ModLoader/Mod Reader", the file "../VipixToolBox/UI/Color/0.png" is not black. It appears to be the same as "30.png" actually - an apparent rainbow of colour including green, cyan, what is probably purple and red.

Interestingly, when I downloaded "VipixToolBox-1.3.2.zip" from the Github page you linked (what I assume is the source, as the files are very similar), 0.png was also that rainbow icon.

Hope this helps! c:

Hope this helps! c:

Thanks for doing that, I am lost in the back and forth between versions and stuff, it is the first time I'm using Github. Anyway, the rainbow-colored 0.png is faulty so just delete it, copy any other color icon and rename it as 0.png. Of course the VipixToolBox folder should be placed in "Modloader/Mod sources", click Build+Reload, and tmodloaderserver should not have the error message.

Back
Top Bottom