Console Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think it's worth your time asking people to stop spamming the questions. The people here upset in this situation seem to feel they are owed something and they can demand to be given it. It's like they think they preordered patch 1.3 and want to know where their product is. You can't reach them, you'll just trigger more responses.

I don't think i've really seen anyone spamming the question. I, for example, made one statement on august 25th, and have been having to defend that and every other statement i've made for the last three weeks. I've posted right around 25 comments, and of those only 3 or 4 were me initiating a conversation, the rest were responses to others telling me i have no right to ask for more information in a thread created to provide information, or feel frustrated about not recieving any information on something i paid for. Even this comment here is antagonistic towards those who view this in a negative light. So yes, you triggered another response. How can you not expect that when you tell someone they have no rights to something they paid for.

Last edited:
Greetings, Terrarians!

As you may have seen from Cenx' tweet this week, we have been playtesting the upcoming Console 1.3 update within our team in order to help make this rewrite/update the very best that it can be. (If you missed the image of the team playing, check it out below). We are having a great time and generating tons of feedback for the Pipeworks team.

Clearly, a ton of progress has been made - pretty much everything has been added, etc., though quite a good amount of work remains in squashing bugs, optimizing performance, and addressing the list of feedback that we are giving Pipeworks as a part of our playtesting.

The good part of this is that the game/update will be all the more polished and awesome as a result of this extra work.

The downside is that the team is going to need more time than expected to pull it all together. How long isn't quite clear yet - but both teams feel pretty sure that we are looking at a delay into Q3 in order to do what needs doing. Obviously, that isn't ideal for anyone, but it is what is needed to hit our "quality first" philosophy and to make this update hit its potential.

Hopefully, the delay will not be too long at all, but we wanted to go ahead and fill you guys in on the situation as soon as we knew ourselves.

Thanks for understanding and your support - we will answer any questions that we can of course.
/QUOTE Will Mobile be the same as Console expect the controls and mini map?

How can you not expect that when you tell someone they have no rights to something they paid for.
Because regardless of what motivated you to buy Terraria again, you didn't pay for the patch, and you're not owed it. Your purchase got you a copy of Terraria on the system you chose, and that's all they actually owe you. They don't have to provide you any further support, and you're not legally owed any. You're definitely not owed any answers for what is going on with the patch or how long it's going to take.

Sure they promised the patch 1.3 is coming to consoles, but that's not legally enforceable. If they cancel the patch, the only thing that can possibly happen is people get mad. It'd be a really bad move on the developer's part, and it's not really likely to happen anyways.

There are people in this thread getting mad and demanding answers for why they don't have what they paid for or were owed, but neither of those situations actually exist. You got what you actually paid for, expecting anything further is a lack of understanding. It's why you should never buy a product based on what they tell you it's going to be unless you don't care about wasting that money.

/QUOTE Will Mobile be the same as Console expect the controls and mini map?
Nobody knows yet.

Because regardless of what motivated you to buy Terraria again, you didn't pay for the patch, and you're not owed it. Your purchase got you a copy of Terraria on the system you chose, and that's all they actually owe you. They don't have to provide you any further support, and you're not legally owed any. You're definitely not owed any answers for what is going on with the patch or how long it's going to take.

Sure they promised the patch 1.3 is coming to consoles, but that's not legally enforceable. If they cancel the patch, the only thing that can possibly happen is people get mad. It'd be a really bad move on the developer's part, and it's not really likely to happen anyways.

There are people in this thread getting mad and demanding answers for why they don't have what they paid for or were owed, but neither of those situations actually exist. You got what you actually paid for, expecting anything further is a lack of understanding. It's why you should never buy a product based on what they tell you it's going to be unless you don't care about wasting that money.

Nobody knows yet.

This might have been true, if they did not advertise this content and it's release timing, while also stating that people who owned last gen consoles would have to buy a new copy. All advertisements are the company telling you what you get if you purchase their product. You continue to state they don't owe anyone anything, but people purchased this game specifically based on these advertisements. You may not feel your owed anything, and if so thats on you, but when a company makes a commitment, they have an obligation to their customers to meet that commitment.

What should be against the rules is wasting an entire page arguing

A forum is a place for discussion, we're just using it for it's intended purpose.

Last edited:
To be fair, users feeling entitled to an update / version of the game that PC users have had access to (and continue to receive updates for) isn't exactly a problem.

You'd be right in saying that consumers aren't 'legally' entitled to anything but considering these consoles are more than capable of running the updated content, it'd be a great way to alienate your console fanbase and deter them from investing in future products from the company.

I've already said that my excitement has dwindled immensely and for good reason, the update is long overdue.

With that being said, we have and continue to receive free updates, content that numerous developers within the current state of the industry would be happy to charge us an arm and a leg for so, I'm appreciative of that.

Anyway, how long does it take for a patch go through MS' and Sony's certification process? Isn't it a two week ordeal?

If that's the case we would indeed be cutting it close on the update for the end of Q3 and with no information on when it'll supposedly hit, I can understand the frustration.

I think some of you guys who think they're the "good guys" by being patient don't understand that we are on the freaking last month of q3 with nothing. We are obviously gonna get skeptical because they may end up with another delay and then break another promise. Also we have a right to be act as if we are owed something because it would be very unfair for them to treat pc to every patch they will ever give pc and then not give us 1.3 that was promised about a year ago. It technically is an obligation for us to get the update now that pc has it and considering that they have already started the update and we have waited a year for it I think we basically have to have the update now because of these circumstances.

I think some of you guys who think they're the "good guys" by being patient don't understand that we are on the freaking last month of q3 with nothing. We are obviously gonna get skeptical because they may end up with another delay and then break another promise. Also we have a right to be act as if we are owed something because it would be very unfair for them to treat pc to every patch they will ever give pc and then not give us 1.3 that was promised about a year ago. It technically is an obligation for us to get the update now that pc has it and considering that they have already started the update and we have waited a year for it I think we basically have to have the update now because of these circumstances.

Don't forget we're dealing with the exact same thing you are. I mean yeah, it's the last month, so they'll release some type of news soon. Either a delay or a release announcement. The best thing to do is be patient. God damnit I waited for 10 years for Duke Nukem Forever, I can wait 2 years for the biggest Terraria console update.

This might have been true, if they did not advertise this content and it's release timing, while also stating that people who owned last gen consoles would have to buy a new copy. All advertisements are the company telling you what you get if you purchase their product. You continue to state they don't owe anyone anything, but people purchased this game specifically based on these advertisements. You may not feel your owed anything, and if so thats on you, but when a company makes a commitment, they have an obligation to their customers to meet that commitment.
Posts on a forum or social media are not advertisements. If they were the No Mans Sky devs would have lost their court case. It's bad PR to make such claims, but it's not illegal.

I get that people are frustrated and worried. But coming on here acting entitled and demanding answers isn't going to get you anywhere. We'll get answers when ReLogic gets them. It's not like they have some information they're hiding from us for the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom