Tool Quick Wave Bank - An easy, no-hassle Wave Bank creator

trigger_segfault

Spazmatism
QgvTOpx.png

A quick and easy tool for creating Xact Wave Banks for use in games like Terraria. No installations required! Also comes with extraction capabilities.
Now with 99% more Terraria 1.4 track names support!

Terraria 1.4.2 has added support for Music Resource Packs! This removes the need to create wave bank files in order share and insert custom tracks. 🎉

As of Terraria 1.4, the Title screen track is now split into an Intro and Main parts (numbers 50 and 51).
The Intro plays for a fixed length of time until the Main track begin playing. The Intro track will not loop. Meaning you will be met with silence until the fixed time has passed.

See this guide created by StarXStone for more information on Terraria Wave Banks.
(The file size limit no longer seems to apply)

Tests have shown that the program used to compile the Wave Banks (XactBld3), will support any wave file with audio data totalling just under 256MB (About 25 minutes duration when using a sample rate of 44.1Hz). The biggest wave bank I've been able to create with it was 358MB and Terraria happily accepted it.

XG5J4Ns.png

Features

~ Create Wave Banks from wave or other audio files for use in games like Terraria ~
~ Lists track names next to each entry to help choose how to order ~
~ Load and save wave file lists for later use ~
~ Extract Wave Banks to facilitate modification ~
~ No hassle, no installations required ~
~ Support for listing of Terraria 1.4 track names ~

Requirements

.NET Framework 4.5.2 | Windows 7 or later

Downloads: v1.0.3.1

QuickWaveBank-1.0.3.1.exe
(Main standalone executable)
QuickWaveBank_TrackNames.txt
(Sample file to customize names displayed in QuickWaveBank)

~ Previous downloads can be found at the bottom of the page ~

XG5J4Ns.png

Preview
hs4d2Bn.png

Wiki | Credits | Image Album | Source Code

XG5J4Ns.png

⬅ Other Information

v1.0.3.1
  • Extracting correctly exports tracks again.
v1.0.3.0
  • Update to Terraria 1.4 track list.
  • Some changes in some existing track names to avoid confusion.
  • Fixed build failures caused by special characters in file names and paths.
  • Audio tracks will now always be converted on build to avoid more build failures caused by unsupported audio formats. (temporary fix)
  • To customize track names displayed in QuickWaveBank: Create a text file Documents/My Games/Terraria/QuickWaveBank_TrackNames.txt, with ordered track names (one per line). This nearly unheard of functionality has existing for awhile, but has been poorly advertised. The old text filename before this update was TrackList.txt, which is... not the clearest name when "Track Lists" is already used by QuickWaveBank to describe loading and saving.
v1.0.2.3
  • Possibly fixed a crash caused by not being able to locate Terraria's content directory.
v1.0.2.2
  • Minor UI changes.
  • Build Console now builds when you build QuickWaveBank. (Source code fix)
v1.0.2.1
  • Updated BuildConsole to use correct temporary directory.
  • Build no longer fails if you haven't run previous versions of the program.
v1.0.2.0
  • Formatting characters no longer restrict paths.
  • Now copies files with formatting characters in their paths to a
    temporary path where there are no formatting characters.
  • Double clicking a track now plays or pauses it.
  • Fixed cancel not canceling Converting process during build.
  • Title "file modified" asterisk now updates properly when saving.
v1.0.1.0
  • Now packaged with the full version of FFmpeg, which drastically increased the file size of the executable. I gave up trying to build my own compact version. Building for Windows is a nightmare.
  • Numerous non-wave audio formats are now supported and even a few video formats.
  • Asks to convert non-wave formats upon adding to the list. Asks again to overwrite if the file already exists.
  • Options to auto-convert or auto overwrite, or instead not ask to convert at all and keep the format.
  • Files not converted upon addition will be converted at build-time.
  • Can now drag in audio files from places other than Explorer like iTunes.
  • Wave Lists renamed to Track Lists.
v1.0.0.2
  • Can now properly cancel extract process.
v1.0.0.1
  • Canceling build no longer causes problems with future builds.
  • Build Console will now show itself when an error occurs.
v1.0.0.0
The first release of Quick Wave Bank. Comes with all of the essentials for making basic Wave Banks without advanced settings.​

Last edited:
Would you be willing to be more clear?

With what exactly?

About Wave Banks:
Wave Banks are a collection of compressed sound files for use in games. In Terraria, wave banks are populated by almost exclusively music tracks with the exception of Rain (Ambience). Terraria requires that wavebanks have at least the same amount of tracks as the vanilla wave bank. It might require to be the exact same count, dunno about that. If a wavebank is made improperly, then Terraria's sound will stay at zero and music volume will always reset to zero after changing it. Each song in terraria is an index in the wave bank, so songs must always be in the same order for what you intend to replace. Wave Banks must replace the Wave bank.xwb file in Terraria's content folder.

About Quick Wave Bank:
This program allows you to input wave files and then *build* a wave bank out of them using the Build command. Wave Banks are output to the file path listed as Output File at the top of the window. *At the moment* Quick Wave Bank can only use the format of wave files to create wave banks with. Any other format is not supported. In the future I might add conversion. the Extract feature is unrelated to building Wave Banks but simplifies wave bank modification.

About Wave Lists:
Wave Lists are just a simple text file listing the paths to wave files in order. Quick Wave Bank can load and save them to allow saving progress for later.

With this:
  1. Wave Banks can be built after loading waves into the list either through the Open List option (Ctrl+O), Add Wave button, or Add Waves from Folder button. Once you have your wave files in the list press the Build button or File menu item (F5).
  2. Track names are automatically listed next to each index in the wave list. The setting however, is toggleable in the options menu.
  3. Open List button or File menu item (Ctrl+O), Save List button or File menu item (Ctrl+S), Save List As File menu item (Ctrl+Shift+S).
  4. Press the Extract button or File menu item. Select a wave bank file. (Terraria's is located in its program directory in the content folder, it's named Wave Bank.xwb) Then choose a folder to extract the tracks to.
  5. Download the program and run the executable.

Last edited:
Hey, uhm, i have a problem with the program and i was wondering if you could help me, whenever i try to build up the Wave bank, it says "Wave Bank creation failed!, See console log for more information"
Then i click show log and it shows:

Unhandled Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system can not find the file specified
in System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess (ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
in System.Diagnostics.Process.Start ()
in System.Diagnostics.Process.Start (ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
in BuildConsole.Program.Main (String [] args)

Do you have any solution to this issue?

Hey, uhm, i have a problem with the program and i was wondering if you could help me, whenever i try to build up the Wave bank, it says "Wave Bank creation failed!, See console log for more information"
Then i click show log and it shows:

Unhandled Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system can not find the file specified
in System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess (ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
in System.Diagnostics.Process.Start ()
in System.Diagnostics.Process.Start (ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
in BuildConsole.Program.Main (String [] args)

Do you have any solution to this issue?

I found the issue. I changed the temporary directory used with the latest version but I forgot to update it in the build console project.

It's all fixed now. Check the latest version and it should work fine. Sorry about that.

windows defender wont let me run this. also avast scanned this too and said its a "rare file".

The most I can recommend is looking at the source code for malicious activity and then building yourself (Safest method).

Second option is just telling the antivirus programs to allow the file. Not much else I can do about programs being flagged.

The most I can recommend is looking at the source code for malicious activity and then building yourself (Safest method).

Second option is just telling the antivirus programs to allow the file. Not much else I can do about programs being flagged.
thx! it worked! but one more question. how do i remove rain ambiance?

Is this what I think it is?
Have the gods answered my prayers?
Are you the wizard who has figured out how to simplify making wavebanks?
Long have I waited for such a thing, even though all of my works were by the more tedious methods, I'm totally going to use this.
You're a goddamn blessing, trigger_death.

Back
Top Bottom