tModLoader Better Buffs

hamstar

Terrarian
9j8SehP.jpg

Adds various buff display and interaction improvements.
  • (De)buff icons have a shadow overlay to better indicate their remaining duration.
  • Left click buff icons to re-activate them, if their respective potions/foods are available.
  • Shift + Left click buff icons to toggle automatic reactivation.

Source available here.

Installation

Requires tModLoader (+0.10). Copy the above .tmod file to your 'Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods' folder to play.

v1.2.3.1
  • Tweaked mod icon
  • Restructured project folder
v1.2.3
  • Updated for TML11.5 (and limitless buffs)
v1.2.2.1
  • Changed snake case to camel case
  • Replaced uses of static buff limit (22) with player.buffType.Length
v1.2.1.2
  • Fixed buff shadow rendering when inventory open
v1.2.1.1
  • Added support for Hamstar Helpers v1.2.0 mod issue reporter
  • Fixed loading crash
v1.2.0
  • Fixed UI zoom misalignment bug
  • Fixed some auto-buff bugs
  • Implemented auto-healing potions
v1.1.0
  • Added buff locking for auto reactivation (shift+click to toggle)
  • Tweaked icon
v1.0.3.1
  • Properly fixed zooming.
v1.0.3
  • (Loosely) fixed icon overlays not zooming with screen
v1.0.2
  • Possible fix for dedicated servers.
v1.0.1
  • Fixed bug of refreshing buffs while inventory open.
v1.0.0
  • First release.

BetterBuffs.png

Last edited:
v1.0.2
  • Possible fix for dedicated servers.
Edit

v1.0.3
  • (Loosely) fixed icon overlays not zooming with screen
Edit x2

v1.0.3.1
  • Properly fixed zooming.

Attachments

• BetterBuffs v1.0.1.zip
    24 KB · Views: 279
  • BetterBuffs v1.0.2.zip
    32.3 KB · Views: 304
  • BetterBuffs v1.0.3.zip
    33 KB · Views: 295
  • BetterBuffs v1.0.3.1.zip
    33.1 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
Hey! This is a great mod! Although I think I found a lil bug: seasonal drops, like halloween/christmas, and special mobs spawn and drop gifts and goodie bags, is that intended? Could it be mod incompatibilities? I am using other mods nothing major (I think) but hadn't encountered this issue till now, could be a coincidence. Everything downloaded with Tmodloader:
- Where is my items (tried it after this mod)
- Recipe Browser (same)
- Better Yoyos
- Max Stack Plus
- Helpful Hotkeys
- Vanilla Tweaks
- Fargo Mutant Mod (also tried after)

Any ideas? Also if I try to use CheatSheet I can't make/load any worlds, could it be this too? I know it may be off topic and I DID ask in their mod thread but I've not found a solution yet. I am a bit desperate haha, any ideas of what could be happening?

Hey! This is a great mod! Although I think I found a lil bug: seasonal drops, like halloween/christmas, and special mobs spawn and drop gifts and goodie bags, is that intended? Could it be mod incompatibilities? I am using other mods nothing major (I think) but hadn't encountered this issue till now, could be a coincidence. Everything downloaded with Tmodloader:
- Where is my items (tried it after this mod)
- Recipe Browser (same)
- Better Yoyos
- Max Stack Plus
- Helpful Hotkeys
- Vanilla Tweaks
- Fargo Mutant Mod (also tried after)

Any ideas? Also if I try to use CheatSheet I can't make/load any worlds, could it be this too? I know it may be off topic and I DID ask in their mod thread but I've not found a solution yet. I am a bit desperate haha, any ideas of what could be happening?
I can assure you that's not coming from this mod.

The only mod that should be doing that in your list is Fargo's. Ironically I one had the same problem as you and couldn't tell which mod this was coming from, until Fargo added in an update's notes that he reduced the number of holiday-themed mobs from spawning. I still wish he'd reduce it further yet.

You are absolutely right, officially confirmed that it's Fargo's. Sorry about that, OP, your mod is just foine! And thanks for the reply, Lunatic Lobbyist, awesome nickname too.

Would it be possible to increase the amount of buff effects you can have at once, past 20? I don't know if that's hard coded or not but I thought I'd suggest it.

Does this work with tmodloader version 10.1? I'm using 10.0.2 and want to know if I can safely update.

v1.1.0
  • Added buff locking for auto reactivation (shift+click to toggle)
  • Tweaked icon

Attachments

• BetterBuffs v1.1.0.zip
    33 KB · Views: 290
Would it be possible to implement a feature that raises the maximum buffs cap?

Playing as a fully buffed summoner can be a pain when you get a debuff and the game decides to erase all of your minions because of the cap.

It's not easily possible to raise the buffs limit, since Terraria likes its magic numbers a lot and the buff limit happens to be one such number.

It is possible to do something that combines buffs, but I'm not sure how this would be implemented gracefully...

It's not easily possible to raise the buffs limit, since Terraria likes its magic numbers a lot and the buff limit happens to be one such number.

It is possible to do something that combines buffs, but I'm not sure how this would be implemented gracefully...

There is a mod out there that does what you're saying (combines buffs). I don't remember the name of it or all of the details, but IIRC, it has recipes that combine different potions into 1 potion that gives all buffs of the potions used to make it. Feels a bit too cheaty for me on my current playthrough so I didn't add it or bookmark it.

On another note, just wanted to say the new feature you implemented in the last update is awesome. I always forget to eat food after the buff expires. I even looked up online a while back "Terraria how to remember to eat food" lol. Didn't find anything helpful though. Thanks for the update.

UI scaling bug: click to renew/shift-click to auto-renew buffs doesn't work at 150% (I didn't test other UI sizes)

Back
Top Bottom