Items Rainbow Gel

MasterLuigi452

Headless Horseman
From the suggestions of a crafting material from my recent thread by Baconfry and Kazzymodus, I have come up with a new crafting material: Rainbow Gel!

New Crafting Material:
dPlYyxz.gif
Rainbow Gel (Color changing done by me)

How to Obtain One
Kill a Rainbow Slime at Rainy Hallow to obtain it. Upon killing Rainbow Slime, it has a chance of dropping from 1~6 gels.

Where Can It be Used?

New items to craft with this magnificent gel!

Rainbow Torch (It will look like a torch with color changing of Rainbow Brick.)
dPlYyxz.gif
1 Rainbow Gel +
Torch.png
33 Torches =
pRuI54P.gif
33 Rainbow Torches. (Color changing done by me)
This torch will emit seven rainbow colors in order when held and placed. Does not work underwater!

Rainbow Glowstick
dPlYyxz.gif
1 Rainbow Gel +
Glowstick.png
5 Glowsticks =
EnCQ8C1.gif
5 Rainbow Glowsticks.
This Glowstick will work underwater. Ever though about rave party underwater? Well this glowstick is your best buddy!

Rainbow Grenade
dPlYyxz.gif
1 Rainbow Gel +
Grenade.png
1 Grenade = 1 Rainbow Grenade.
This special grenade will deal 80 damage compared to normal grenade. It will explode leaving 6 short directional rainbow trails like the Rainbow Gun. The trail's length is 3 blocks long and lasts 3 seconds upon the grenade's explosion.
Damage of the trail is half of the Grenade's damage.

Rainbow Bomb
dPlYyxz.gif
1 Rainbow Gel +
Bomb.png
1 Bomb = 1 Rainbow Bomb.
Like Rainbow Grenade, it will create 6 directional rainbow trails. An interesting trait of this rainbow trail is once it travels 5 blocks or hits a block, it will explode with the radius of 1 block shorter than Bomb's explosive radius.
Damage of the trail is half of the Bomb's damage.

Suggested by Baconfry:
Rainbow_Brick_v2.gif
Rainbow Brick
dPlYyxz.gif
1 Rainbow Gel +
Pearlstone_Block.png
30 =
Rainbow_Brick_v2.gif
30 Rainbow Brick (Will change the quantity if Baconfry requests.)

Rainbow Ammunition

The gel can be used as Flamethrower and Elf Melter ammunition! The fire will have spectacular rainbow color as well as increased damage by 5!
In addition, whenever you fire Flamethrower or Elf Melter with Rainbow Gel, there is a 1/4 chance of the fire becoming pure rainbow beam with bubbles coming out from it. A legend says that this gel was used by a crazed pyromaniac who's fantasy and reality blended in together... (You know the reference people.)

My Thoughts
I had an idea of Rainbow Torch recently and now I created a new crafting material for it thanks to Baconfry and Kazzymodus.
The usage of Rainbow Gel as ammunition for Flamethrower and Elf Melter just popped up as I was typing the ideas out.
I think the drop amounts of the gel should be increased. I mean, Rainbow Slime itself is a rare mob to find, so I find that increasing the quantity of gel drop is suitable.

Thoughts? Questions? I'm all ears and eyes!

Last edited:
Support. Also, using it as flamethrower fuel should inflict "Holy Inferno," which is a slightly more powerful Cursed Inferno.

I'd like to see it integrated with this suggestion in some way.

Supporting this, rainbow blocks are hard to get to begin with and anything that might make it a little less taxing to get them would be a god send for me. I wanted to make a flashing rainbow room for the party girl without cheating and use gem spark blocks in flashing colors around it in a rainbow with timers to make it look amazing but I just can't seem to get enough Rainbow bricks to make my dream a reality, I've found two in the year and a half I've played...RNJesus doesn't like me when it comes to that.

I could always inventory edit but that's no fun. It's like taking a trophy and adding "with help" next to your name.

Not to mention the rainbow flamethrower would probably become my new weapon despite the damage still being "EH" compared to some of the "Highest tier" items in the endgame. I'd still have a blast with it though..a fiery one. :naughty:

Support. Also, using it as flamethrower fuel should inflict "Holy Inferno," which is a slightly more powerful Cursed Inferno.

I'd like to see it integrated with this suggestion in some way.
I actually like that suggestion that you mentioned.
As for your "Holy Inferno", perhaps maybe.

Oh and I added one new side effect of using Rainbow Gel as ammunition for Flamethrower and Elf Melter on the OP.

Using it as ammo for the Flamethrower should make the resulting flames cycle through the colour spectrum. That alone should be enough reason to incorporate it into the game, you don't even need effects.

Created the sprite for the Rainbow Gel and Rainbow Torch. They can be viewed at OP.
I didn't know shape tweening mechanic can be done in Photoshop. Bah.

Added some stuffs that may go well with Rainbow Gel.

Also I need some help with the spriting. Winter tests are coming up and I don't have enough time to create the sprites for the new items.
If anyone is generous to contributing the sprites, that will be great!

As someone who always builds a "Party Room", and often a "Party Planning" room (Party Girl needs a workplace, y'know!), I full on support the crazy rave rainbow fun!

I'd never put down a rainbow-flamethrower if I got my mitts on one. :dryadcool:

Finally the school is on break and done with Christmas stuffs.
Updated the Rainbow Torch animation, added Rainbow Glowstick image, and added a small additional information about the length of rainbow trail.

Back
Top Bottom