One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fishing, Daedalus Stormbow, Summoner being worthless early and overpowered late, Mage being all-around sub-par, all flails being completely worthless, the ability to easily run into the underground jungle/corruption to get weapons that are way better than what you're supposed to have, pre-hardmode ore armor sets requiring 90 bars (!) just for a single set that gets overshadowed by better armor almost immediately, Old One's Army T3 being insanely hard for when it's unlocked and the items already being underpowered by then, expert Frost Moon being harder than the lunar event and with worse rewards, Fossil Armor being useless by the time you're able to get it, and Meteor Armor + Space Gun making the entirety of pre-hardmode a joke, among other things I don't feel like listing right now because I've gone on long enough.

I would heavily disagree with some of those. There is nothing wrong nor broken about the player having the ability to sequence break. The Jungle is a rough place, if you're a good enough player to brave it long enough to craft an Amazon, I think you deserve to use it.

And yet again, there are those two "items" that everyone and their mother love to scream "OP!"; Daedalus Stormbow, and Space Gun. I simply don't understand the rationale. The Stormbow is an excellent weapon, but highly inaccurate and with a habit of swallowing stacks of arrows whole. I don't see how that's remotely overpowered.

The Space Gun? It's only useful while wearing the entire Meteor Set. It's damage barely increases and it's the only weapon in the game to get a bonus that removes it's entire cost, Mana or otherwise. What's wrong with letting something remain unique? There are much better weapons than the Space Gun in pre-Hardmode. There is a difference between powerful and overpowered. Something I think a huge amount of people, this forum or otherwise, need to realize. That mentality is what destroyed the Spectre Set years ago. I will never forgive that.

I don't really agree about fishing, either. I mean, it's only the most dull thing you could spend your time on. It might as well give you something worth your insane levels of boredom.

I suppose I agree about Summoner, Mage, Flails, Early Armor costs, Old One's Army (I'd argue this is awful overall), Frost Moon (I'd also argue that both Moons are dreadful), and Fossil.

I'll leave it there to not derail this thread.

maybe they are taking away ocram due to how similar he is to a certain brain we all know and somewhat appreciate. Mother Brain Confirmed?

I am a ps4 gamer and this post has made me very skeptical of Terraria on the console. I have ceased playing terraria for at least a year now, because I have been waiting for the 1.3 update. Now the end of Q3 is nearing and you decide to come out with news of removing things. I can understand why Ocram, etc, will be removed (not taking my opinion in account because that doesn't matter at all). These were not made by the original terraria team: Re-logic , I guess. They were made by a team who doesn't even work on the console versions anymore. Thats why you want to remove it and maybe rather add more thought over content in the future what fits in the concept of terraria. But I am not sure about this "one terraria" idea. It is a good idea to make everything equal, but I don't think this will work out. Only terraria PC is done by the original terraria team, Re-logic. All the other ports are done by different teams. The first console team screwed up, but who says the next team won't? (No offense here, as I said I'm very skeptical)

Now coming out with news of removing things, rather than the real release date of 1.3, I think it definitly will be delayed to atleast end Q4 but probally 2018. I don't think you can just remove things out of games that easily, it takes time aswell. This removal of console exclusive things will definitly make terraria for console even worse. I don't think PS4 will ever support cross play, making a "one terraria" impossible for PS4 players. I have payed 20-30 euros for terraria on PS4, and on other consoles they are just as expensive. But the PC version is only 10 euros and has waaaaay more content, and the original team is working on that version, so the quality will always be higher. On PS4 (and xbox I guess) you have to pay to play online, making it even more expensive (well atleast I don't have any friends to play terraria or any other game in fact so I don't even have online play). But for others I can understand the frustation. In the past I have seen on this forum that people say to others "just buy a PC" it ain't that simple. Pay alot of money for a PC while you already have a console isn't gonna work for everyone.

But I am very very lucky that since last week for the first time in my life I have access to a PC. I also wanted to get the Switch version for Terraria, but because of this post I rather not. First, the Switch version will also be atleast 20 euros, or maybe even more expensive since Terraria on the 3DS is 20 euros atm. Second, because I now can use PC, I can get terraria for much cheaper, much more content, and more trustworthy than the console versions. And third, who knows when the Switch version will come out? I don't think it will be this year.

So thats it. I'll just get terraria for PC and don't have to worry about anything anymore. I just had hoped for a little more from the console versions.

Looks like the console exclusives got Oc-crammed into the Recycle Bin.

laughing-face-clip-art.jpg

please don't hurt me

While I'm disappointed about Ocram's removal, just for the sake of the history behind him, I can honestly say there are only two things I'm truly upset about leaving: The Sharanga, and the Vulcan Repeater.

The Sharanga was literally the most overpowered bow ever, until you got a Hallowed Repeater or Chlorophyte Shotbow. Not to mention it was the only way to inflict Cursed Inferno pre-HM. (I know, it shifted the power balance horribly towards rangers, especially when combined with the Clockwork Assault Rifle's better-than-Megashark firing speed, but sometimes it's nice to wreck everything...)

The Vulcan Repeater, while not being extremely overpowered, was quite unique. The arrows it fired get a chance to split into two, and exploded on impact (similar to Hellfire Arrows, which they beat, damage wise on mobile/console, but not PC).

All in all, I think whatever Re-Logic thinks is best, probably will be, but I can't help but be disappointed.

Right now, I'm ashamed to be a console player.
CAN'T YOU PEOPLE BE :red:ING HAPPY ABOUT WHAT WE ARE GETTING, INSTEAD OF WHINGING ABOUT THE FEW LITTLE THINGS WE HAVE TO LOSE TO GET THE UPDATE?

#SAVEOCRAM!!

<video removed by staff for offensive slurs directed at forum members>
That video contains offensive language directed at a specific forum member, and it is not appropriate for this forum. Please do not post in anywhere on this forum again. If you have questions about its removal, please PM me.

CAN'T YOU PEOPLE BE :red:ING HAPPY ABOUT WHAT WE ARE GETTING, INSTEAD OF WHINGING ABOUT THE FEW LITTLE THINGS WE HAVE TO LOSE TO GET THE UPDATE?
People are allowed to express their disappointment and differences of opinion, as long as it remains civil and in good taste.

Yeah
People need to realize this isn't about removing content to spite us, its about adding content and speeding up the console update process so we can get to where PC is sooner. This will make the game better, not worse.

Edit: Although, as tunnelking said, they have the right to have an opinion.

I got one question that I want to ask (I haven't checked to see if it was answered) will mixing ocean be allowed on pc after the 1.3 update

That video contains offensive language directed at a specific forum member, and it is not appropriate for this forum. Please do not post in anywhere on this forum again. If you have questions about its removal, please PM me.

People are allowed to express their disappointment and differences of opinion, as long as it remains civil and in good taste.
Lol

Yeah

People need to realize this isn't about removing content to spite us, its about adding content and speeding up the console update process so we can get to where PC is sooner. This will make the game better, not worse.

Edit: Although, as tunnelking said, they have the right to have an opinion.
I have no problem with mature and valid opinions.

Opinion, such as oh dear, they are removing 'thing', shame coz I like it.

Not opinion. WAAAAHHH, THEY ARE TAKING 'ITEM' AWAY. WAAAAHHH.

Everyone is allowed an opinion it's only human even if you don't agree with it. Personally I would prefer if when the 1.4 update comes out re logic and Pipeworks decide to rerelease ocram but make him different with better drops to utilize the good boss

I have no problem with mature and valid opinions.

Opinion, such as oh dear, they are removing 'thing', shame coz I like it.

Not opinion. WAAAAHHH, THEY ARE TAKING 'ITEM' AWAY. WAAAAHHH.
Those are valid opinions, and we really don't mind them.

If you are bothered by them, I would suggest moving on to some other topic on the forum.

Now coming out with news of removing things, rather than the real release date of 1.3, I think it definitly will be delayed to atleast end Q4 but probally 2018. I don't think you can just remove things out of games that easily, it takes time aswell.

Sorry but your reasoning here is inaccurate. For the 1.3 update they've completely rebuilt console Terraria using PC 1.3 as the base. So it would actually take more time to add in the console exclusives rather than simply leave them out.

I am so excited for 1.3 on Console. All I can complain about is the delay, but I'm sure the team isn't taking this long without good reason.

Been playing Terraria since about April of 2011, love just about everything about the game and own it on 3 different platforms. Well done Re-Logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom