One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are valid opinions, and we really don't mind them.

If you are bothered by them, I would suggest moving on to some other topic on the forum.
It just seems to be more complaints on these forums than opinions. First about how far the consoles are behind pc, then about how long the update is taking and now about the console getting closer to the pc version.

I just think it's stupid, why complain when you should be rejoicing?

I would heavily disagree with some of those. There is nothing wrong nor broken about the player having the ability to sequence break. The Jungle is a rough place, if you're a good enough player to brave it long enough to craft an Amazon, I think you deserve to use it.

This is what I love about these big-name games, they allow mods and they can contain some cheats. (No sarcasm, hear me out)

You could look up a wiki and spoil the immersion and gameplay.

On PC you could make a mod that skips most of the game, you could get an Inventory Editor, you could get a map editor, you could "save-scam" (I.E, Duplicate items through a rather tedious process) and the owners do NOTHING about it, because #1, they can't, and #2 they don't much care, there's their game, they made it for you, they might be slightly sad for you that you hadn't played it right, but if you want to cheat that's fine, the game is what YOU make it, that's practically the definition of a Sandbox Game, but this is taking it one step further, if you want to cheat, that's on you. We won't encourage to do it, or keep you from doing it.

If you are able to obtain, and want to use, an item that they legit put in the game, good on you.

And I feel once 1.3 comes out, there's going to be so many "paths" to take, and we will see this argument in action, as examples:
  • "Should I use these fishing crates to skip Hardmode Ores, or not?"
  • "Should I use this normal weapon, or this seemingly overpowered one?"
  • "Should I go to (Name of Biome) and grind for (Name of Item) or not?"
  • "Stardust, Nebula, Vortex, or Solar?"
  • "Should I try summoning a bunch of Goblin Armies for the new mini-boss' weapon?"
  • "Should I create a bunch of worlds trying to find the legendary Arkhalis?"
  • "Should I bother with the Solar Eclipse more than I need to?"
  • "Do I want to skip Slime Rain/Blood Moons by hiding underground?"
  • "Do I want a Crimson or Corruption World?" "Melee, Ranged, Magic, or Summoner?"
  • "Do I want to go hunting for reagents to make potions?"

You could play the game over so many times and not reach every path.
You can even set challenges for each playthrough, Examples:
  • Do not die. (Hardcore Mode, or set a different punishment)
  • No Potions.
  • Strictly only 1 or 2 Fighting types (Melee, Ranged, Magic, Summoner)
  • No Summoning Minions.
  • No Wings.
  • Must fight every boss.
  • Fight multiple bosses at once.
  • Do not let any NPC die, except the Guide for WOF.
  • Do not use the Mechanic or her items.
  • Do not use the Goblin Tinkerer for Reforges or Combining Accessories
  • Abolish the Crimson/Corruption
  • Abolish the Hallow
  • Fully turn the world with Corruption or Crimson.
  • Destroy the world with explosives.
  • Must beat every boss first try.
  • Any craftable item, you cannot recieve from chests. (But accessories and Magic Mirrors and things like that are alright)
  • Collect every Boss Trophy.
  • Collect as many banners as you can. (let's be honest, it'll take a very long time)
  • Collect as many paintings as you can. (will require making worlds just for items)
  • Actually beat the game AFTER you have sorted chests. (A problem for me)

There's nothing to keep you from cheating, it is what you make it, if you want to be a good player and do it legit, that's cool, but if you want to cheat, you did it to yourself.

EDIT: Added 4 new Challenge Ideas.

Last edited:
(cut for space)
I agree with you, but I wouldn't label rushing to get Meteorite, or keeping all your crates until Hardmode (as examples) cheating. You're still playing the game completely legitimately. Who said you can't use your own (or researched) knowledge to help yourself out? This isn't even counting exploits. Just good ole' fashioned strategy.

Granted, I'm of the opinion that "cheating" gets too much of a bad rap in the video game world. If I'm not affecting you (assuming you don't want me to), why should what I do matter? I'm doing it for myself. Maybe I just like the game better this way. Or maybe I don't have to explain myself. It's my business, not yours'. (I'm being hypothetical, to be clear.)

But this isn't the thread to be discussing it.

Quick question, if the console content is being removed does that mean that my old worlds (witch includes console content like trophies and etc)
Be deleted? or corrupted Because i really don't want to lose my endgame characters.

I really am exited for the upcoming update , but I'm a bit sad about the fact that console exclusive mobs ( counting ocram) will be removed , I mean , the console edition was my first edition of terraria , and I've went on with these entities in the game , and after their removal , the game will feel weird for me

I really am exited for the upcoming update , but I'm a bit sad about the fact that console exclusive mobs ( counting ocram) will be removed , I mean , the console edition was my first edition of terraria , and I've went on with these entities in the game , and after their removal , the game will feel weird for me
I agree with you

Quick question, if the console content is being removed does that mean that my old worlds (witch includes console content like trophies and etc)
Be deleted? or corrupted Because i really don't want to lose my endgame characters.
From the OP I'd say they are doing their best to avoid corrupted data. They asked for a ton of saves files to test recently. My guess is anything in your game that is being removed will be replaced with something else, like how the pets are being turned into golden bunnies.

I think the removal of these things is for the best. Ocram doesn't fit in anymore. The weapons and armor aren't that good, and I really hate the console/mobile exclusive mobs interfering with normal spawns. The only thing I'll miss is the pets, but I'm sure they'll be back someday somehow.

Read Proto Persona's post, then mine.

Despite what he said likely being the case, I suggest moving all exclusives to a world you don't care about as much, and removing them from all your characters, just in case.

We don't want an old Mobile Pre-1.2 glitch to happen again.

I'm curious: what will happen to the console exclusive music? Will the alternate sky and ocean themes be replaced by their PC variants? I honestly hope they will be: I personally greatly prefer the PC equivalents to each song and feel like they fit the areas more.

The tutorial theme I'm also curious about, but seeing as the tutorial is largely separate from the main game and it isn't replacing any other song, I think it will stay unless the tutorial is completely removed/reworked entirely.

i don't see how it can be a proper collection together when your removing most of the things
i can understand recolors being removed, but items, pets, armors and bosses
in all honesty your just making pc only players miss out on these

i don't see how it can be a proper collection together when your removing most of the things
i can understand recolors being removed, but items, pets, armors and bosses
in all honesty your just making pc only players miss out on these
They said the more interesting ones might be revisited at a later date, they might talk about them, and they might re-add them to all platforms.

On the one terraria experience wouldn’t cross platform playing be possible? I did see some earlier comments saying that it is very unlikely. But I have seen mojang pulling it off with their new 1.2 content between different devices. So wouldn’t it be possible for something similar for terraria to happen?

On the one terraria experience wouldn’t cross platform playing be possible? I did see some earlier comments saying that it is very unlikely. But I have seen mojang pulling it off with their new 1.2 content between different devices. So wouldn’t it be possible for something similar for terraria to happen?
If ReLogic or 505 are willing to do all the server hosting and matchmaking for it then theoretically yes it's possible. I wouldn't get my hopes up though, that stuff can be expensive.

I have a friend who only has mobile Terraria (he doesn't have enough time on the computer for the other versions to be viable), and I'd love to be able to play multiplayer with him someday.

What about the Turkey and Mad Bunny bosses from holidays?

Those are exclusives, they will be removed, unless they decide to re-work them in later, and I hope they don't add Lepus back, I never fought Turkor, so I don't know if he's decent or not.

Per the OP, Mobile exclusives have *not* been reviewed yet. So the answer is "unknown at this time".

quick question, what will happen to the spectral/dragon/titan armours and the Vulcan repeater? as these need souls of blight to make and my character currently has the titan armour equipped.

Instead of removing the content entirly why not just make it so that from 1.3 there will be no additional platform exclusive items added to the game and allow us to keep the existing items as they are?

EDIT: merged comments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom