One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a pretty strong feeling this was the case after 1.3.5, and then the sudden rush to bring consoles up to 1.3 as well. Had some people tell me I was crazy that they'd even consider cross platform for Terraria. +1 I told you so

quick question, what will happen to the spectral/dragon/titan armours and the Vulcan repeater? as these need souls of blight to make and my character currently has the titan armour equipped.

Instead of removing the content entirly why not just make it so that from 1.3 there will be no additional platform exclusive items added to the game and allow us to keep the existing items as they are?

EDIT: merged comments
Repeater removed/possibly replaced with an item, Souls of blight exchanged for money (it sounds like) and Dragon/Titan/Spectral armour sets become vanity only, which I hope if your character has them equipped, they don't corrupt your character, insta-crash you, or force-dissappear those items, I'm sure that's a slight concern that they already know about though.

Repeater removed/possibly replaced with an item, Souls of blight exchanged for money (it sounds like) and Dragon/Titan/Spectral armour sets become vanity only, which I hope if your character has them equipped, they don't corrupt your character, insta-crash you, or force-dissappear those items, I'm sure that's a slight concern that they already know about though.

It shouldn't corrupt your character or anything like that; you can wear Vanity armor in the "Armor" slot already, that doesn't cause problems under normal conditions. The items will simply because stat-less vanity gear in your equipment slots.

Devs with the current rules on pc you can't mod ocram and other exclusive features but now with them being taken out from the console will modders be able to mod ocram, Lepus or turkor back in?

Last edited:
Devs with the current rules on pc you can't mod ocram and other exclusive features but now with them being taken out from the console will modders be able to mod ocram, Lepus or turkor back in?

As was stated earlier in the thread, this is a decision which will be made with ReLogic input, but hasn't been determined at this time. For now, the current restriction stands, but keep an ear out. :)

On the one terraria experience wouldn’t cross platform playing be possible? I did see some earlier comments saying that it is very unlikely. But I have seen mojang pulling it off with their new 1.2 content between different devices. So wouldn’t it be possible for something similar for terraria to happen?
True, but mojang is:
  1. Rebuilding the entire engine to what they call the "Bedrock Engine"
  2. Not doing it for the original Java minecraft, just the windows 10 and console minecrafts.
So, while this is a cool feature, it's not as useful to people who only have the Java edition.

Last edited:

i doubt it since the assets for the console/mobile exclusives wouldn't be included in the pc version

For now, you definitely can't add Lepus or Turkor in, because they haven't even been planned for removal officially (but I think it's safe to say they will be)

I dont like this, in my opinion, its sad Terraria will remove the console items, and when the 1.3 launch will be the same thing like the PC Version, and it will dont include nothing "new".

TL;DR "We hope you've made backups of your game from GOG because pretty soon we'll be messing up Terraria by jumping on the crossplay bandwagon. Also we're slowing down PC updates so the consoles can catch up, and even though we're not bringing the exclusives to PC we're removing some of them from the consoles."

Great show guys.

TL;DR "We hope you've made backups of your game from GOG because pretty soon we'll be messing up Terraria by jumping on the crossplay bandwagon. Also we're slowing down PC updates so the consoles can catch up."

Great show guys.
They have said they aren't slowing PC down, they are speeding console up.

Why is that so hard to believe? They are reworking the console engine to be closer to the PC's, so updates don't take as long, especially since they don't have to create content from scratch.

Precisely because of that. Whenever a game developer tries to rework the engine post-release it ends up dragging all their operations down with little-to-no positive results to show for it.

Plus you have to ask yourself, why didn't they use the PC engine from the start?

Precisely because of that. Whenever a game developer tries to rework the engine post-release it ends up dragging all their operations down with little-to-no positive results to show for it.

Plus you have to ask yourself, why didn't they use the PC engine from the start?
Because they were using the less-adaptable 360 and PS3 engines.
Also, the delays caused since they announced the update are because they reworked the engine. Once that gets done they should be able to update much quicker. I wouldn't be surprised if we got to 1.3.5 shortly after 1.3 rolls around, shortly being 4-6 months.

Um... because the Xbox one and PS4 hadn't released when this game was first ported to consoles?

I rest my case.
The reworking of the engine is causing delays now, but will speed updates up in the future.
Look at this:
On PC,1.3.0.1 released on June 30,2015.
1.2 released on September 30, 2013
The closest update between the two was 1.2.4 on May 15, 2014.
Just over a year to get from 1.2.4 to 1.3
On console, it took from Dec 15, 2014, the PC equivalent of 1.2.4 to Aug 26, 2016, which was the PC equivalent of 1.2.4.1 That's almost two years, double the time to took PC to get an entirely new update, not just extra features that were left out. I rest my case.
Anyways, If you want to continue the debate, message me, it needs to stop on this thread.

But why?

I rest my case.
Question. Do you know that both versions of the game have 2 completely different dev teams? There's no possible way that either version have been slowed down due something happening on the opposite platform.

EDIT: I also noticed you created an account to argue. That does not look good for you.

To all the people who want Ocram...
Play PS3, Xbox 360 and/or PS Vita :dryadwink:
Required it doesn't get removed on them though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom