One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's like saying Roblox copied Minecraft even though Roblox was in concept years before Minecraft was a thing, it's just that fanboys like to think that since Minecraft is the one successful blocky game that everything else is copying it.
... i was joking? if you read my earlier comments i said exactly what you just said
What if ocram became the mechanical brain of cuthulu? So if you had a crimson world rather then a corruption you would have ocram as the third mechanical boss?

Maybe tone down the attacks slightly for normal mode and obviously change the summoning item to a destroyer type one. But I think it'd be pretty cool and it could fit.

Maybe the AI would have to be changed to become more similar to the brain rather then the eye but I'd love to see it happen.

Alternatively make him a final mech boss, something that might be optional but give some rewards that are slightly better then chlorophyte.

Would just seem like a bit of a waste to lose him...he isnt the best boss, sure but he deffinetly isnt that bad.

Maybe even put him in the PC version?
nobody wants an unfinished boss in pc it would tarnish the games reputation for being good

This move makes sense to me. I've only played on PC, and not once have I been interested in seeing Console/Mobile-only content come to the PC. It isn't fun to lose content I understand, but it is good to see all platforms of Terraria turning out how the Developers intended them and to make the experience similar for everyone.

1.3 is going to be amazing as a heads up. From the new items, and Lunar Events + Moon Lord, and Expert Mode. There's a lot to enjoy about 1.3Q

@The Slime Worshipper

Please do not bring the "Console Peasnants/PC Master Race" talk here by referring to Console players as "Peasants" It is rude to do so.
I just wanted the pets. Especially the Slime one. And Ocram just because +1 bosses. And seriously its, a joke. Okay? Jeez. I in no way feel superior to people who play on console, especially because I only have a PC good enough for gaming because of a generous uncle.
[doublepost=1505655647,1505655523][/doublepost]
Am I a console peasant if I started on console, but also got PC?
Idk. Gray area.

Omaigash omaigash omaigash Cenx's wings in replacement of Sparkly Wings!? Time to make that albeit-crappy-but-will-be-useful-in-the-future-wings!

Sad to see Ocram go though, and nooooooo... my slimey pet. Gone... at least I got the Bone Key to replace it, I guess but it's so cute.

But, pointless melancholy aside, I am happy that 1.3 will arrive soon and I am ecstatic to attempt Moon Lord, after all...

In this hard mode world, it's KILL or BE KILLED.

By the way, Cenx, will Terraria Mobile still support iOS 7.0.

I'm paranoid after what happened to PS3 and it's equivalents.

Anyway, here's a postload of question:
1. Will everything (or most things anyway) be imported to both mobile, console and that PS thing? Like Expert Mode, Hardcore and Mediumcore mode, yoyos (how will they work anyway, especially in mobile) and minor stuff like Pink Gel.

2. How many MBs do you think the update will take?

3. Since last week (or more), the console update is delayed, when will you think it will be released (and possibly, delayed once again)

4. Since at the thread regarding the path ahead for mobile and console, mobile's update is stated to be a few months around console's update. So does that mean, there's a possibility that mobile update can be delayed up until next year? (plz nu)

5. Will the mini-map icons for bosses be changed? (Plantera's icon in mobile is literally a skull)

Last edited:
In this hard mode world, it's KILL or BE KILLED.
Let's be honest, it's more be killed than doing the killing. :D

Nobody has made decisions about mobile yet. It's been said the game is being rewritten in Unity, so it's highly likely you'll still be supported as long as the device has enough RAM.

Anyway, here's a postload of question:
1. Will everything (or most things anyway) be imported to both mobile, console and that PS thing? Like Expert Mode, Hardcore and Mediumcore mode, yoyos (how will they work anyway, especially in mobile) and minor stuff like Pink Gel.

2. How many MBs do you think the update will take?

3. Since last week (or more), the console update is delayed, when will you think it will be released (and possibly, delayed once again)

4. Since at the thread regarding the path ahead for mobile and console, mobile's update is stated to be a few months around console's update. So does that mean, there's a possibility that mobile update can be delayed up until next year? (plz nu)

5. Will the mini-map icons for bosses be changed? (Plantera's icon in mobile is literally a skull)

1. I believe most of the minor stuff will be included, Pink Gel is nothing, all they have to do is make a "gel" item with different crafting recipes and a particular enemy drop it, which they do all the time, although, coding the sticky bombs might be a bit harder. Also, Music Boxes were removed from Mobile because "The devices could not support them" I hope that get's changed, I like me some music of my choice.

3. I don't think they plan for it to be delayed again, if they do, they'll let us know, until then, it's planned to be within the time that they last stated.

4. Pretty much all of the Mobile Discussion hasn't been....discussed yet, it will have to wait until Console is done, which essentially means every time Console is delayed, Mobile is too, but that's all that can currently be inferred.

5. I hope so, but just to be a bit more clear, I believe every boss in Mobile is a skull on the map. (I have played PC, but regularly, I only have access to Mobile, however I have no need to enter the map screen, and Mobile has no "mini map" on-screen at all times, only a full map, therefore I don't check often to see where a boss is at, there isn't much need, but I'm sure all bosses display as skulls, including Lepus)

@Storm Dragonica, pretty much everything you asked about related to Mobile has yet to be determined. Many of those questions simply don't have answers yet.

As for current gen consoles (Xbox One and PS4), I'm not aware of anything that would be cut for any as far as 1.3 content is concerned.

@Storm Dragonica, pretty much everything you asked about related to Mobile has yet to be determined. Many of those questions simply don't have answers yet.

As for current gen consoles (Xbox One and PS4), I'm not aware of anything that would be cut for any as far as 1.3 content is concerned.
You can trust this man. He is from Quality Assurance. (And I Assure you he does his job with Quality,based on how good these games are.)

What's going to happen to my music box tutorial in my world. I really loved hearing that everytime I walked into my bad but now it's sad to see it go

What's going to happen to my music box tutorial in my world. I really loved hearing that everytime I walked into my bad but now it's sad to see it go
The Tutorial isn't in the PC Version, and as it is representing music that is in the Tutorial, it is therefore an Exclusive, however, we have no evidence with which to prove that the Tutorial is being removed, and so the music box might not be removed, though it is an exclusive.

this is a roundabout way of saying you're holding off on pc updates because consoles are inferior and harder to work with

The Tutorial isn't in the PC Version, and as it is representing music that is in the Tutorial, it is therefore an Exclusive, however, we have no evidence with which to prove that the Tutorial is being removed, and so the music box might not be removed, though it is an exclusive.
Pipeworks has shown the tutorial in one of their update previews, at 6:20.

However there is no music, so we don't know if the music will stay or not, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

this is a roundabout way of saying you're holding off on pc updates because consoles are inferior and harder to work with
PC updates will not be affected by this.

It definitely isn't, I'm happy to assure you. :) The coders and spriters who work on PC Terraria do not work on Console Terraria. There is an entirely different team from a different company (Pipeworks) who works exclusively on Console Terraria. Those two project groups do not mix. The Pipeworks members, talented as they are, have no direct involvement PC Terraria, and wouldn't, even if they had nothing else to do.

The ReLogic team is working on PC every day, and the next update (1.3.6) has suffered no delays at all as a result of Console's development! :D

Presuming Pipeworks can reach there deadline (you hear knocks on wood) it means there are only two more days the terraria 1.3 update can be released:Tuesday coming (19th of September) or the last Tuesday of September (26th) so everyone please try to be patient for we all know that game developers know what they are doing so we hope that Pipeworks will release a bug free (we all know that's impossible but I mean very few bugs) update and if not they will have a fix update out asap so can I please see little or none negative posts because: independent doom approaches
:joy::bluslime::gslime::pinky::pslime::yslime::bslime::cslime::islime::lslime::sslime::hoppinjack::rslime::kingslime:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom