One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
For people complaining about losing the console map. Binoculars, get them.
It's mostly just me complaining of a changed map. I know it's really for the best and I know it's just being lazy using the console map to see ahead of me for things. But I just spent so long on console getting reliant on the map, I'm just gonna have to learn a whole new play style and I really didn't want to. Also the binoculars don't even almost do what the console map did, to use those I would still need to put a light source anywhere i want to see.

Isn't the PC map the exact same, but it can also be used as a minimap, can be expanded to cover the full screen (Just like the console version now), and be used as an overlay?o_O I have the feeling people are just trying to find more things to nitpick at this point, sorry to say.

Last edited:
What's gonna happen to the holiday bosses and stuff on the mobile version? Because I like having stuff to get during so many holidays (also I really like bosses R.I.P. Ocram).

The Mobile Exclusives have not been evaluated by Re-Logic at this point in time.

After the Console version is up and running, they will evaluate the Mobile exclusives and decide how to proceed from there. Nothing has been said so far about what will happen to the Mobile Exclusives.

The Mobile Exclusives have not been evaluated by Re-Logic at this point in time.

After the Console version is up and running, they will evaluate the Mobile exclusives and decide how to proceed from there. Nothing has been said so far about what will happen to the Mobile Exclusives.

However, the Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon will not be removed.

So you'll have those holiday events. Plus, they're always available, not just during the real-life holiday.

Honestly, I never touched console or mobile versions, and never will, because I think the controls would feel terrible. I already have muscle memory for PC controls. The console exclusive enemies, equipment, and Ocram were cheap, poorly designed, yet still somehow nifty addition when they were first added; they became obsolete the moment Terraria PC got updated after that. The pets have reason enough to get added to all versions later.

There is one thing that I really want on PC that has been denied to us for a long time. Key Moulds. We had them for PC for a short time, and then they were taken away and made console exclusives, and it was banned from modding them into PC. I was thoroughly triggered when they got removed, and I want them back.

Isn't the PC map the exact same, but it can also be used as a minimap, can be expanded to cover the full screen (Just like the console version now), and be used as an overlay?o_O I have the feeling people are just trying to find more things to nitpick at this point, sorry to say.
No the PC map is different. On the console map anything that passes into the players maximum fully zoomed out view (but if your not fully zoomed out it still goes the same distance) becomes visible on the map. On PC there has to have been a light source touch the block to be able to see it.

Yes wire cutters show where traps are. But I have to get past Skeletron to get those and I have to equip the wire cutters, which really slows down what I'm doing checking for traps every three seconds, in current console versions you can see any part of the map that would have been on your screen assuming you have the view fully zoomed out regardless of how much light has touched it. If you see 1 pixel of pink on the ground you can see that a trap is there. I like the way the maps are now because it helps with both trap detection and mining without necessitating a miners potion or whichever one it is that lets you see ores. I know it's just laziness but keeping myself in potions like that takes a lot of materials and effort. (Also I know that you can see wires if you equip the pressure plates or dart traps neither of which require Skeletron's death but the fact I have to switch to them all the time is still very annoying.)
once the mechanical lens gets added to whatever version you play on you can see every trap on-screen without switching items
[doublepost=1505693185,1505692988][/doublepost]
I never have played console Terraria but I'm not happy about this. For once in my life I empathize with the console peasants, especially because I've always wanted the pets and Ocram in PC. I know I'm being a hater, feel free to dab on me, but I feel your pain, filthy console peasants.
the removal of console exclusives could mean that tmodloader mods with every console exclusive item and enemy will be allowed;

Personally, I feel that it is a fair trade. Ocram, 3 armor sets, and a couple of pets for 1.3? I'll take it. Heck, I even like Ocram, enough that my main is based of him, and I still stick to my word. Upon hearing that Ocram's mask and trophy were to become legacy items, I farmed 63 Ocram's to get 9 masks and 9 trophies. I am prepared for the future!

I farmed Ocram 60 times on mobile, 8-9 Trophies, A few complete Exclusive Armor Sets, no masks, I don't think they drop on mobile, which is a real shame, I collect masks, trophies, banners, statues, terrariums/bottled creatures.

EVERYTHING >:3

I rather liked the Key Molds too, it demanded some grinding, which this game has little of, you might have your newest weapon for only 10-20 minutes before "upgrading" it by finding a better one, if you wanted those keys, you had to grind more, and considering their strength, I like that, it demands effort.

Last edited:
I farmed Ocram 60 times on mobile, 8-9 Trophies, A few complete Exclusive Armor Sets, no masks,
Upon hearing that Ocram's mask and trophy were to become legacy items, I farmed 63 Ocram's to get 9 masks and 9 trophies. I am prepared for the future!

I am currently trying to farm Ocram for masks and trophies, but I didn't know the odds were that low. This may be a challenge...

What's going to happen to my music box tutorial in my world. I really loved hearing that everytime I walked into my bad but now it's sad to see it go

I love music in video games, and thus I've always loved the music boxes. Even if it's only one song, the thought still disturbs me somewhat.

Roblox and Minecraft are, in reality, nothing alike.
That's exactly my point.
[doublepost=1505709911,1505709766][/doublepost]And of course my xbone controller broke and I'm broke so I'm out of luck and are now gonna miss the update
[doublepost=1505710049][/doublepost]I love music in video games, and thus I've always loved the music boxes. Even if it's only one song, the thought still disturbs me somewhat.[/QUOTE]
I use the underworld theme in my cloud fortress. Also hence why I call my self what I do :p

I love music in video games, and thus I've always loved the music boxes. Even if it's only one song, the thought still disturbs me somewhat.
I use the underworld theme in my cloud fortress. Also hence why I call my self what I do :p

This might be a bit off topic, but I think Re-Logic was spying on my Mobile World, I made Slime Blocks and made little Slime Clouds long before 1.3 Existed, I like to think the "Slime Rain" event was based on my slime block clouds, I can show a picture sometime.

Also, the name of the world I made it on is named "Moon" and then 1.3 comes out with a boss named "Moon Lord" and I was like "I quit....ARE YOU SERIOUS? XD" (not that i am/was upset, I was just incredibly baffled)

Last edited:
There is one thing that I really want on PC that has been denied to us for a long time. Key Moulds. We had them for PC for a short time, and then they were taken away and made console exclusives, and it was banned from modding them into PC. I was thoroughly triggered when they got removed, and I want them back.

I rather liked the Key Molds too, it demanded some grinding, which this game has little of, you might have your newest weapon for only 10-20 minutes before "upgrading" it by finding a better one, if you wanted those keys, you had to grind more, and considering their strength, I like that, it demands effort.
Key moulds were one of the communities most reviled topics. The vast majority complained about them here so loudly and so quickly that the turn around for removing them was amazingly fast. They only got left on the consoles because of the delays in updating.

once the mechanical lens gets added to whatever version you play on you can see every trap on-screen without switching items
[doublepost=1505693185,1505692988][/doublepost]
the removal of console exclusives could mean that tmodloader mods with every console exclusive item and enemy will be allowed;
Excellent. This is still post skeletron but at least it's still fairly ealry.

Rip Ocram but will it stay on mobile though because he is a very cool boss, but thanks for the information, i'll let my fans know that ocram will be gone, i wish i see ocram one day because i will miss him! :(

1. I believe most of the minor stuff will be included, Pink Gel is nothing, all they have to do is make a "gel" item with different crafting recipes and a particular enemy drop it, which they do all the time, although, coding the sticky bombs might be a bit harder. Also, Music Boxes were removed from Mobile because "The devices could not support them" I hope that get's changed, I like me some music of my choice.

3. I don't think they plan for it to be delayed again, if they do, they'll let us know, until then, it's planned to be within the time that they last stated.

4. Pretty much all of the Mobile Discussion hasn't been....discussed yet, it will have to wait until Console is done, which essentially means every time Console is delayed, Mobile is too, but that's all that can currently be inferred.

5. I hope so, but just to be a bit more clear, I believe every boss in Mobile is a skull on the map. (I have played PC, but regularly, I only have access to Mobile, however I have no need to enter the map screen, and Mobile has no "mini map" on-screen at all times, only a full map, therefore I don't check often to see where a boss is at, there isn't much need, but I'm sure all bosses display as skulls, including Lepus)
Wall of Flesh's icon is an eyeball

This decision about removing stuff is bad. I can imagine adding this stuff to other platforms would not be too difficult. I bought multiple copies of game for myself and for my friends to play with them. I bought even a mobile version FOR OCRAM ONLY.
Now I feel ripped-off. Only solution is either never update mobile version or play modded PC version. Very unpleasant.

Attachments

• 21740218_172838963266282_2334080562031853211_n[1].png
    21740218_172838963266282_2334080562031853211_n[1].png
    466 KB · Views: 335
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom