tModLoader Material Trader NPC

Krollbotid

Steampunker
The mod is abandoned. There are no plans to update the mod for new versions of tmodloader before the release of Terraria 1.4.

Material Trader Npc adds 11 NPCs, who trades materials from vanilla Terraria, Thorium, Calamity and Elements Awoken.
NPCs are: The "Jungle Trader", the "Desert Trader", the "Cavern Trader", the "Ocean Trader", the "Winter Trader",
the "Sky Trader", the "Hell Trader", the "Dungeon Trader", the "Evil Trader", the "Holy Trader" and the "Cool Guy".

NPCs spawn conditions:
Jungle Trader - have Jungle Spore/Stinger in inventory or Hardmode.
Desert Trader - have Antlion Mandible in inventory or Hardmode.
Cavern Trader - have Blinkroot/Cobweb in inventory or Hardmode.
Ocean Trader - have Coral/Starfish in inventory or Hardmode.
Winter Trader - have Snow/Ice Block in inventory or Hardmode.
Sky Trader - have Feather in inventory or Hardmode.
Hell Trader - have (Eater of World/Brain of Cthulhu defeated and Hellstone/Ash Block in inventory) or Hardmode.
Dungeon Trader - defeat Skeletron.
Evil Trader - have (EoC defeated and have Vertebrae/Rotten Chunk in inventory) or HardMode.
Holy Trader - have (Evil Trader appeared in world and HardMode and Pixie Dust in inventory) or all Mech Bosses defeated.
Cool Guy - have one modded NPC appeared in world.

v1.0.8
Added imkSushi's Mod support. Changed Cool Guy Martian block sell conditions from "Golem Defeated" to "Martians Defeated". Fixed bug with Thorium that Smooth coal have no value. Now Cool Guy sells all the Thorium's butterflies! Added all (I hope) items from Elements Awoken.
v1.0.7.6
Fixed bug with appearing of Holy Trader. Fixed Cool Guy's shop
v1.0.7.5
Added almost all materials from Elements Awoken. Fixed 3 bugs. Increased most Calamity pre-Yharon prices.
v1.0.7
Added Wood to Cool Guy's first shop. Added Calamity support. Changed NPCs' spawn conditions.
v.1.0.6
Fixed: "Cool Guy" doesn't spawn. Changed some prices. Added Thorium Mod support.
v1.0.5
Added last "vanilla" trader - "Cool Guy". Changed some prices.
v1.0.4.1
Added Crystal shard and Soul of light to Holy Trader`s shop. Changed some prices.
v1.0.4
Added Holy Trader.
v1.0.3.1
Fixed some prices, added Hive and Honey Block to Jungle Trader shop.
v1.0.3
Added Evil Trader.
v1.0.2 by Gregg
Added Dungeon Trader. Spawns after beating Skeletron.
Fixed animations, attacks and party hats of all NPCs.
v1.0.1
Added some items to traders` shop. Changed Hell Trader`s spawn condition.
v1.0
Added Hell Trader. He has a bug animation.
v0.9.3
Fixed "Cavern Trader" sell "Life Fruit" after defeating EoW/BoC.
It changed to Crystal Heart and swapped to after defeating Skeletron.
v0.9.2
Added some material to Trader`s shop.
v0.9.1
Changed attacks of NPCs. Added some materials to Jungle and Desert Traders.
v0.9
Added "Sky" and "Winter Traders". Changed buy condition for "Water Fragment" from Elements Awoken mod.
v0.8
Added "Ocean Trader". Added colorful Jellyfishes to Cavern Trader`s shop.
v0.7
Added "Cavern Trader". Created and added to mod description homepage of mod. Added Chlorophyte Ore to Jungle Trader`s shop, changed Fossil Ore`s cost in Desert Trader` shop.
v0.6.3
Added Modded Materials shop to both npc. Added "Desert fragment" from "Elements Awoken" mod to Desert Trader`s shop.
v0.6.2
Added Sand block to Desert Trader`s shop.
v0.6.1
Changed the conditions of "Jungle Trader" and "Desert Trader" spawn.
v0.6
Added the "Desert Trader" town npc.
v0.5.1
Updated to TModLoader v0.10.1.
v0.5
Fixed "Jungle Trader" animation.
v0.4
Deleted mod item.
v0.3
Changed "Jungle Trader" sprite-animation.
v0.2
Fixed "Jungle Trader" sprite.
v0.1
Added "Jungle Trader" town npc.

Cavern Trader, Desert Trader, Dungeon Trader, Hell Trader, Jungle Trader,
Current view of NPCs.png

Ocean Trader, Sky Trader, Winter Trader, Evil Trader, Holy Trader, Cool Guy.

In plans: balancing prices? I really don't know what to do)

Thanks Gregg, for bugfixing update of my mod:)

Download links: Krollbotid/MaterialTraderNpc
http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/MaterialTraderNpc.tmod

Last edited:
The NPC Sprites look pretty good, and the concept itself is interesting. Out of curiosity, what mods are supported? Either way, good work!

The NPC Sprites look pretty good, and the concept itself is interesting. Out of curiosity, what mods are supported? Either way, good work!
at now are supporting only "The Elements Awoken" mod, but its not a good. I want to do mod supporting after release all NPCs. I have done code of two NPCs at now, I want to release them, but I haven't done sprites for them. I`m a bad artist)))) And thank you for your quote.

is there exact amounts of the items you need to have the npc's move in or is just one enough?

is there exact amounts of the items you need to have the npc's move in or is just one enough?
What do you mean? For NPC`s moving I use sprite of vanilla Terraria NPC and their animation style. With sky and winter trader is a problem - their attack animation sprite support ranged attack, but they have melee attack. In next update I will change frames or attack style.
this mod needs crimson/corruption traders
Yes It needs. I will add it, but not soon.
It is plan of next update:
Fixing attack animation for Sky and Winter Traders and changing attack of some NPC.
Adding Hell and Dungeon Traders
Adding Holy, Corrupt and Crimson Traders.
After adding all NPC and fixing them: Adding materials from other mods.
[doublepost=1506056316,1506055946][/doublepost]And If I haven't added any vanilla biome materials which biome traders have released now, write me about it.

I mean let's say I want the cavern trader to move in, do I need just 1 copper ore and 1 amethyst for it to move in or do I need a certain amount?

I mean let's say I want the cavern trader to move in, do I need just 1 copper ore and 1 amethyst for it to move in or do I need a certain amount?
You need to have copper ore and amethyst or tin ore and topaz in inventory, not certain amount
Its a code of spawn this NPC
upload_2017-9-23_9-37-14.png upload_2017-9-23_9-37-30.png

Will this mod have a discord? if so I can help. I could also help with spriting, but I am not great. (p.s for the jungle trader you forgot the sky blue flower, or whatever it is called)

Last edited:
Will this mod have a discord? if so I can help. I could also help with spriting, but I am not great. (p.s for the jungle trader you forgot the sky blue flower, or whatever it is called)
Oh thanks for your mark. I will add sky blue flower with some other materials. I am not planning mod having own discord channel. But I have Discord (Krollbotid#1900). I will be very thankful to you, if you help me with spriting.

Last edited:
When I click on the link to download it brings up a box asking for a username and password. Can you upload this TMod somewhere else that can be accessed?

When I click on the link to download it brings up a box asking for a username and password. Can you upload this TMod somewhere else that can be accessed?
Mod have been uploaded in TModLoader Browser since I created it. this link was additional. I will find path how to download without registering/logining, but if it impossible try to register on javiddsnet or download from modbrowser.

Got the mod, pretty cool. My only concern is the quotes. For some reason, I get bothered by bad English in Terraria, but if it's not your native language, then that's alright, :)

Got the mod, pretty cool. My only concern is the quotes. For some reason, I get bothered by bad English in Terraria, but if it's not your native language, then that's alright, :)
:indifferent:I`m Russian. And I speak English by using acquired in school knowledges and using Yandex Translator. Quotes... I use them for greater accuracy of my answer. And the mod could be more cool, if I was greater drawer and coder). I`m planning next update add Dungeon Trader and changing attack weapons of some npc. But it won't have good animation of Melee attack type.

Back
Top Bottom